Butter London Thames

3.8

on 9/1/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

In the bottle Thames is a gorgeous metallic emerald with the smallest hint of blue, I really like it. On the nails it takes at least three even coats for the color to start to be opaque, a fourth coat for really saturated color (so one lippie off, I prefer polishes that only require two coats). The formula is good, thin, and goes on very evenly, but the tips wear down after one day. Itís a fun color that works all year round. Not the best for nail art since it needs so many layers. I would buy this again.

on 8/29/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like the effect the effect this gives, it has always reminded me of mermaids :) It applies well but take several coats to build which can be annoying as it can get a bit thick but once you get the hang off it it makes a really good nail polish. Good lasting power and great shine.

on 7/30/2013 9:50:00 AM

Underwhelming. BL Thames is a metallic emerald green that leans slightly teal depending on the light. It looks amazing in the bottle, on the nail not so much.
Application was a lot more streaky and sheer than expected, even after 3 coats I could still see my nail under the polish in some spots. And the color was nice but just not quite as pretty or as striking as I had hoped it would be. So neither the formula nor the color met my expectations. In short, I liked it but did not love it and would not purchase it again.
If you're looking for a metallic emerald green nail polish, I enthusiastically recommend Zoya's Holly. That's one of my all-time favorite polishes, the color is very similar to BL Thames (though they are not dupes), plus it has a superior formula.

on 6/17/2011 8:45:00 PM

I have many, many different colors (and brands) of nail polish....so it was only natural that eventually I would try Butter London. I am absolutely in love with this nail polish line. This color is so unusual/unlinke any other color that I already have in my collection. I am extremely impressed. :D

on 12/30/2010 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great colour, very striking and I get lots of compliments when wearing it as it's pretty unique. The brush could be much wider for easier application though.
I'm surprised people have mentioned that it's sheer, I've found 2 coats to be plenty.
I like that Butter have highlighted the issue of chemicals in nail polishes and they are still far cheaper than the Chanel and Dior polishes.

on 8/19/2010 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall I thought the application was way too sheer. Even after 3 coats it the nail line was still visible. Disappointed in both of the polishes I
received from BL. There are so many better polishes out there that I wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/19/2010 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

First off... The application of this polish is very smooth, like butter (very corny, yes I know) but seriously, it went on smooth and thin but coverage was easily built (no VNL after 2 very thin coats!!!). My problems with the polish are 1. price 2. too small of a bottle for the price 3. color
I expected the color to be truer to the bottle. I think it's too green and not a greenish blue like I was expecting. I will probably try other colors from the brand though.

on 7/13/2010 7:48:00 AM

LOVED this color! It's a duochrome, meaning it flashes different colors in different lights. This is sort of peacock-y green-blue on my nails. Good coverage, manicure lasted about a week with minimal chipping on the tips and was relatively easy to remove. Dries quickly, which is great for me as I am the Queen of the Smudgers.

One lippie off for the price - $18.00? For .4 fl. oz. of nail polish?? Bit steep, imho. Ymmv, of course.

on 6/13/2010 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of the reasons I'm not a big polish wearer is the amount of toxic ingredients the average bottle contains. White Butter isn't perfect by any means, they're much better than your average brand and, in my opinion, are worth the extra dough. I love the unique, fun shades and cute names, although I wish Thames' smoky green was less sheer. I'm not sure I'd purchase this color again, but am excited to try out the rest of Butter's appealing line.

on 2/24/2009 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an interesting color, a duochrome. Depending on the light, it either looks blue or green. It applied well and wore well. The bottle and its cap is ridiculous. It is also expensive. I like it mostly because it matches my Philadelphia Eagles jersey, which makes it worth buying. I wouldn't run back to this brand again, because of the price and the strange rectangular cap that will never close up again correctly. But I do like this color, especially for game day.

Top Rated Butter London Products