October 2, 2014 | 1464 users online

Polishes - Butter London - Thames

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In the bottle Thames is a gorgeous metallic emerald with the smallest hint of blue, I really like it. On the nails it takes at least three even coats for the color to start to be opaque, a fourth coat for really saturated color (so one lippie off, I prefer polishes that only require two coats). The formula is good, thin, and goes on very evenly, but the tips wear down after one day. Itís a fun color that works all year round. Not the best for nail art since it needs so many layers. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the effect the effect this gives, it has always reminded me of mermaids :) It applies well but take several coats to build which can be annoying as it can get a bit thick but once you get the hang off it it makes a really good nail polish. Good lasting power and great shine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Underwhelming. BL Thames is a metallic emerald green that leans slightly teal depending on the light. It looks amazing in the bottle, on the nail not so much.
Application was a lot more streaky and sheer than expected, even after 3 coats I could still see my nail under the polish in some spots. And the color was nice but just not quite as pretty or as striking as I had hoped it would be. So neither the formula nor the color met my expectations. In short, I liked it but did not love it and would not purchase it again.
If you're looking for a metallic emerald green nail polish, I enthusiastically recommend Zoya's Holly. That's one of my all-time favorite polishes, the color is very similar to BL Thames (though they are not dupes), plus it has a superior formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have many, many different colors (and brands) of nail polish....so it was only natural that eventually I would try Butter London. I am absolutely in love with this nail polish line. This color is so unusual/unlinke any other color that I already have in my collection. I am extremely impressed. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great colour, very striking and I get lots of compliments when wearing it as it's pretty unique. The brush could be much wider for easier application though.
I'm surprised people have mentioned that it's sheer, I've found 2 coats to be plenty.
I like that Butter have highlighted the issue of chemicals in nail polishes and they are still far cheaper than the Chanel and Dior polishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall I thought the application was way too sheer. Even after 3 coats it the nail line was still visible. Disappointed in both of the polishes I
received from BL. There are so many better polishes out there that I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

First off... The application of this polish is very smooth, like butter (very corny, yes I know) but seriously, it went on smooth and thin but coverage was easily built (no VNL after 2 very thin coats!!!). My problems with the polish are 1. price 2. too small of a bottle for the price 3. color
I expected the color to be truer to the bottle. I think it's too green and not a greenish blue like I was expecting. I will probably try other colors from the brand though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVED this color! It's a duochrome, meaning it flashes different colors in different lights. This is sort of peacock-y green-blue on my nails. Good coverage, manicure lasted about a week with minimal chipping on the tips and was relatively easy to remove. Dries quickly, which is great for me as I am the Queen of the Smudgers.

One lippie off for the price - $18.00? For .4 fl. oz. of nail polish?? Bit steep, imho. Ymmv, of course.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the reasons I'm not a big polish wearer is the amount of toxic ingredients the average bottle contains. White Butter isn't perfect by any means, they're much better than your average brand and, in my opinion, are worth the extra dough. I love the unique, fun shades and cute names, although I wish Thames' smoky green was less sheer. I'm not sure I'd purchase this color again, but am excited to try out the rest of Butter's appealing line.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Monkey999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an interesting color, a duochrome. Depending on the light, it either looks blue or green. It applied well and wore well. The bottle and its cap is ridiculous. It is also expensive. I like it mostly because it matches my Philadelphia Eagles jersey, which makes it worth buying. I wouldn't run back to this brand again, because of the price and the strange rectangular cap that will never close up again correctly. But I do like this color, especially for game day.