December 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Blush - NYX - Raisin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been searching for a taupey blush that isn't too brown or too plummy or too deep. I searched all over but couldn't find one I liked. I kept googling and found out this existed, but boy is it hard to find (in store). Online has some at jacked up prices, and even then some are out of order. I remembered that many mom-and-pop beauty supply stores sell some older versions of Nyx so I went in to my local one and there it was!!! I was so excited because I could visually compare all the older Nyx blushes they had to make sure this was the one for me. I do advise caution when going to these stores or getting older discontinued items, some of the containers for 'red' blush were colorless/brownish with age :P Also they don't usually allow returns. I hardly pay full price but I did for this and I'm actually ok with it.

Anyway I love Nyx formula for blush so that's the same here. As for color, I adore this, it's perfect for what I was looking for. I'm olive fair and it still works. Of course with colors that are darker you have to be careful so you don't look bruised but what a perfect addition to cool toned looks. SUPER happy.

PS. This is killer as a shadow. Just tried it and it is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the most neutral blush I own! I only purchase Mac blushes so this is a first for me. An absolutely gorgeous colour, highly pigmented and lasts forever. Goes with any eye colour makeup. I'm so impressed with these blushes from NYX. A review mentioned about cheap packaging well yes I know what they mean in that it's not sturdy but mine case hasn't broken and I use it a lot. Really neat and great for travel. Amarixe on you tube introduced this blush on her tutorials and it looks fab. This can also be used to contour cheekbones as well. Price is so cheap so a winner all around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of several NYX blushes I currently own. The first time I tried the Tarte blush Exposed, it reminded me a lot of this color. This NYX blush is slightly deeper but the same tone if that makes sense. I like to contour my cheeks with this and then blend a pinker blush over it. I keep going back for more of these NYX blushes. Nicely pigmented. A great drugstore beauty bargain IMO. Plenty of colors to choose from for any skin tone. The packaging is a little flimsy but I appreciate that it isn't overly bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by bug44

Beautiful colour and would probably suit most skin tones. Really creamy buttery texture, buy it you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely in love with this blush. I have been trying to find a purple blush for such a long time! Most plum blushes are too pink or too red. This color also contours as it has a strong brown. This blush reminds me of Benefit Dallas, while Dallas has a dirty finish to it. Raisin has a cleaner finish because it has no shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by wnkwnkndgndg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite. I am on the paler side of the olive skin tone spectrum and this blush looks so beautiful on my skin. It's perfect paired with dramatic eyes or lips and even just for every day or a 'natural' look. I even think this may be a great contour color for someone who is fair with more yellow undertones. I will definitely buy this again and again.

P.S. I applied this at 8am before classes all day and it was still just as gorgeous at 5pm when I went to touch up my makeup before work.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Kirat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how this blush looks on my NC42 skin. It gives me a lovely flush of color, and doesn't look too heavy or unnatural. Like the name suggests, it is a plummy raisin color. It reminds me a little of NARS Sin, only without the berry tones. I highly recommend this for tanned or darker skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, let me say I actually prefer this over my MAC Blushbaby!!
It's the ultimate neutral blush that also works wonders as a contour shade for pale ladies like me. It's very neutral, I can't see any obvious yellow or pink tone to it, so I think it would suit most complexions. I actually think that this is a really unique shade, I don't see this being easily duped. I use it when I do bold eyes to give me a nice flush of colour without directing the attention too much on my cheeks. It's also fantastic for an elegant night look, with a smokey eye and/or bright lips. This is for you, girls who don't like pinky/shimmery/baby cheeks! This stuff is for sexy chic ladies!

It's SUPER pigmented, definitely more than MAC blushes. It looks quite dark in the pan but if applied with a light hand you can definitely control the amount you put on and even get sheer coverage. It has a matte finish, which I like (we've had enough of shimmering blushes, don't you think?).
Definitely worth buying also considering the price. NYX has an excellent range of blushes, overall even better than MAC. I will probably only buy NYX blushes from now on, so worth the price.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is what I expected NARS Sin to look like. When I tried Sin, it turned reddish orange-I thought how does a cool plum turn red?!? This cool plum color, however, stays cool plum on my cheeks! It is matte, and not super dark. It's very buildable and last a long time. It gives a great neutral to cool toned flush. You could use it as a contour, but I like Taupe better as a contour and Raisin as a blush. I like using this blush without a contour color. It's one of those blushes that gives you magazine model cheeks. Great every day blush!
Edit: this blush tends to look a little gray on me. I have ended up opting for a less gray/brown blush in MAC's plum foolery. It's still a great blush just a little hard for me to work with and I end up not using it very much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Gizzyxx

I love this blush!! It does like quite dark in the pan, and I was quite scared! But once applied it gives a lovely colour to the cheeks and although I use it as a blush, i can see it being good for contouring also.
Like all NYX blushes the packaging is good, looks like its more expensive than it is, and you get a decent amount of product. I dont find this chalky at all. Easy to blend, and reasonably long lasting.
I am NC35 and I really think this suits me, and ladies of a darker colouring...It might be too dark for very fair women.
I would buy again once I run out.....thanks NYX (just wish I could buy this brand in the UK)