Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

3.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, BHT

on 4/25/2015 1:19:00 AM

This is the first review i ever write because i really needed to say something about this product. My skin can get oily at times and dry especially at the end of the day, so i was kinda uncertain about buying this product because some said it dries out their skin and is quite sensitive. I must say i was really surprised by this product and i absolutely love it! I tend to get breakouts sometimes and i've always had some acne on my skin. After even a week of using this moisturizer every night, i've seen a big difference. My skin is clearer and if i ever get a breakout, i use it at night and i never see it again. I can't buy another moisturizer anymore!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I used this for a few days and now it is going straight back to Target. Now that my skin isn't dehydrated anymore due to the weather change, I need a light duty moisturizer. I do struggle w/ adult hormonal acne so I thought this would be ideal for my skin. WRONG! Here is why.
It irritates my skin especially around my eye area. It feels uncomfortable (warm and tight) on my face. It actually makes my eye area feel very puffy like an allergic reaction. It also doesn't hydrate that well and makes foundation look like crumpled tissue paper! What made me mad was that this actually caused four new blemishes.

This moisturizer felt really sticky to me. Not good under makeup. I wanted to wash it off right away

on 4/10/2015 2:59:00 PM

This really worked when I didn't know what to use for my oily and acne skin.

If you have really oily skin that nothing else can control, it is worth a try. Itíll probably make your skin dry over time and by then you might want to switch to something else.

on 4/5/2015 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

When I first started using this my skin stared to dry out around my t zone and although the oil around my nose had gone I now had patches of dead skin on my face. I managed to get my skin back to normal after I stopped using it but it also made my skin go red and patchy on my cheeks, I would definitely not recommend this to anybody with sensitive or dry skin x

on 4/3/2015 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this! I use it during the day. This is nice and light with a cooling effect, which I love. My skin very oily in the tzone. My pores are clearer and this lotion provides the right moisture/hydration for my face. During times when I need a little more, I use this first and then put Cetaphil cream in the areas that need it. I have spent (correction...wasted) thousands of dollars on "high end" skin care products. I personally find Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action, Cetaphil cream, and Aveeno moisturizing bar soap or Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming cleanser is all that I need.

on 3/25/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on a recommendation in a book. I wanted something really light for nighttime that would fight breakouts. The texture of this was just perfect. It sinks right into your skin and doesn't leave any greasy residue. Unfortunately, this made my acne worse. After a couple of uses, two or three pimples turned into a dozen. I think this has menthol in it, because there is a cooling sensation when you smooth it on. The menthol might have irritated my skin and kicked up my acne. This would probably work well for someone with less reactive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this to use a a night time moisturizer because I have oily skin that doesn't need a super heavy one at night but I wanted something to help with some breakout i've been having. First night was fine, the day afterwards my face felt warmer than usually (like i was blushing constantly, and then the second night when i applied it, the cooling sensation turned into burning and my face turned bright red with tiny bumps all over. So horrible, I'm glad I only used it twice before stopping. It's a shame because my favourite moisturizer EVER is the clean and clear hydrating gel moisturizer, so i guess you just can't judge a brand by one product.

on 2/25/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer on a whim. That was about 6 years ago. I haven't used any other everyday moisturizer since. I now have a different night cream and what not but in the morning, this is the best thing to have on your face. It has a cooling sensation which is what I live for. It claims to help acne but I haven't noticed anything drastic. It never dries me out and it never makes me greasy. It is super lightweight and works perfectly for my oily/combination skin.
I find it's the best to put under makeup since it's so light weight. This with a primer work perfectly to keep my makeup shine free. Try it out! It's not expensive at all so go pick up a bottle!

on 2/21/2015 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For reference, I have combination to oily skin and I am acne prone.

Truth be told; I bought this moisturizer on a whim, with no intention of loving it at all. But I did.

This is a light, refreshing moisturizer that is great for everyday use. If you are looking for an intensive moisturizing cream, this is not it. I think normal, slightly dry or oily skins will benefit more from this cleanser than extremely dry skins will.

The moisturizer feels very light and fresh. It has a slight cooling effect. It also comes with a pump, which I appreciate.

The reason I am giving it a four, is because it didn't wow me, it didn't really help with my slight acne (as the product claims), but it is a good standard moisturizer.

PROS;
-Light
-Cooling/Refreshing
-Inexpensive
-Comes with a Pump
-Moisturizing enough

CONS;
-Doesn't really help with acne
-Not for extremely dry skins