October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Lip Gloss - Guerlain - Terracotta Gloss & Shine 01 Blonde Sun

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by titty1113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like it but would not buy it again.
I have bought it years ago and still have more than half of it so that means I am not in love with it.
Now that I took it out of my drawer to write this review I might use it again.
Colour is nice, easy to apply and great for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Like many of my impulse lippie purchases, I picked this up at a duty-free airport shop when I had time to kill. I do enjoy Guerlain glosses, and have liked the thicker, liquid lipstick-like texture of previous versions of the Terracotta gloss line. (I also own Pink Sun 71 - bought when it first came out, also in duty-free). When I swatched this on my fingertip, I knew I had to have it. I am actually having some trouble describing the shade - it's a plummy-pink brown. Like a dark nude. It does have a glossy shimmer, but it isn't as glittery as the regular terrracotta line - the impression is more like a smooth lustre. Unlike Pink Sun, I think this is a year-round color - I certainly plan on using it that way. Scent is a vanilla-cake batter, just like the regular line. Staying power is very impressive, more like a lipstick. It even lasts a bit through a couple cups of coffee.

Finally, I should comment that I am asian with dark hair with both warm and cool undertones. Although this is named "Blonde Sun", I actually think this works better for me than the other two choices. I wouldn't discount this if you aren't blonde. Worth stopping at the Guerlain counter to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like the reviewer below, I am off today to buy the backup tube to the tube I bought yesterday. Blonde Sun is the lipgloss of the summer.

A bit of history is in order: A couple of years ago, Guerlain reformulated its Terracotta glosses. The original glosses were more like liquid lipsticks, but the reformulated line (the "sun" line) were thinner, glossier, and slicker. Pink Sun was a huge hit in that line, but it lacked the pigment and staying power of the originals.

Blonde Sun 01, Brunette Sun 02, and Dark Sun 03 are the new Terracotta glosses for summer 2008; they have not replaced the existing Terracotta line. They must be seen in person; the existing swatches (Sephora and Neiman's) are off the mark. The new glosses return to the idea of liquid lipstick and are very long wearing for a gloss product.

I thought I might like 02, Brunette Sun, but it was a milky, yellow-based apricot that didn't really register on me, however attractive in the tube. If I were to wear this, I'd have to have a lipliner base. I found this color slightly unnatural on me, but this color family has never suited me.

Blonde Sun 01 read as darker (or more pigmented on me) and was the obvious choice. It's a slightly darker than YLBB rosy pink with micro-milled silvery shimmer (no flakes, no chunks). As it "dries," it becomes a bit lighter, although never to a point where I'd consider it too light. The lasting power was excellent, with a good deal of resiliency after the glossy part had diminished. It was never drying and indeed felt like the "balm" of the description. I also noted that it didn't turn fuchsia. It's frosty without the heavy flakes of Vincent Longo and it contains more pigment than Glossimers.

This is the most emollient Terracotta lipgloss yet, but it applied easily and without thickness.

The bad news is that, like last year's Pink Sun, Blonde Sun is already gone from Sephora's on-line store and is in short supply in Saks and Neiman's. My Neiman's SA told me that it is the No. 1-selling item from the new Terracotta collection (second bestseller is the Indian Bronze pearly bronzing powder; all of the pearly bronzers are stunning and must be seen in person).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG, HG, HG. Just perfect.

This color is part of the LE summer 2008 collection (there are two other l/g colors, brunette and dark). Off to buy my backup now.

Blonde sun is a dark pinkish beige color with some chrome-y shine. It is not unlike what the Orient Sun PSP would be if it were a gloss. The color is extremely uniform for a gloss (almost a vinyl finish), not tacky, and has excellent staying power for a gloss (around three hours on me). Marketed as a balm, it definitely does not dry my lips out. The color compliments my skin tone well (NC15) and looks gorgeous with bronzer, as one would expect.

The only con is the omnipresent vanilla smell that companies love to add to lip products lately. I wish more would do like Clarins and jump on the blackcurrant bandwagon.

I can see myself wearing this all summer. Can't wait.