April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kanebo - LUNASOL Control Makeup Base SPF20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to be a naysayer of Lunasol, but for a primer as watery as this, it is hardly hydrating, takes long to set, and sits on top of my pores, particularly on the wings of my nose. And it is too fancy. I have "03 Clear", but despite the name it is actually tinted in golden yellow and contains light shimmer, which brightens the face and helps with coverage, though the effect becomes imperceptible once foundation is applied on top. I wouldn't have minded the extras if the primer actually helps the foundation go on better, but it doesn't. One, it doesn't sooth out dry patches, while my more standard, color- and shimmer-free primer from LM takes care of that. Two, it's kind of a nightmare if you have a dry nose. Shows peels and pores. I am not saying anything that settles on pores is a no-go. Sometimes you just can't help it. If a product has a thick texture, like a cream foundation does, it will settle on pores. And most of the time you can fix that with a quick wipe-off using a sponge, or a dab of lotion. But I mention it as a negative here because primer shouldn't be a "thick" product. The upside (other than the sleek bottle) is that it does hold foundation well. I bought it to go with Lunasol's modelling liquid foundation, which is excellent, but I won't be coming back for the primer. Lunasol's sister brand, Coffret D'or, has a better (and more moisturizing) primer called Moist Pack Base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I have red cheeks, and though it isn't really a problem, I am self-concious about my redness. My friend recommended that I look into Lunasol for a base to my makeup, but when we arrived at the counter, the ma recomened this primer (in 03 Clear) instead. I make the right decision in splurging, this base covers up the red splotches on my cheeks, and evens out my over all skin tone. I can wear this alone, or underneath my regular foundation, and be conifident that my skin looks even and natural. This product has actually helped me become more self-confident about my looks. I love it, and highly recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ymillie

After reading Fleckenschnitte's review of this primer, I decided to also go for the green base Moisture 01.
I got this as part of a Lunasol base makeup set for 110,000won(about $100CAD??). I think it's expensive, but being a high end brand and something Japanese, this didn't disappoint me at all.
Even though I read that this went on clear, I still had hopes that the green tint would do something for my face. The only thing it does is help my makeup last a lot longer and also adds moisture to my skin. I didn't experience any dryness or patches on my skin.
I like how this has sun protection so when I apply my foundation I feel like I have doubled the sun protection XD
The primer applies very smoothly. It feels very liquidy but goes on evenly. No heavy feeling, just very light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by onmanee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this primer in 03 Clear. It's light yellow cream and very easy to blend. Sometimes I use this alone without foundation and still give me bright and healthy looking skin. My skin get red easily so this is perfect for me to cover some red blotchy. If you not a big fan of foundation but still want some coverage that look very natural and even out skin tone. I think this is what you should try. Plus it has SPF to protect your skin as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Click continued to view a pic of this item***
Recently I've been on a primer kick so I purchased several ones within short time. As I am always a sucker for Lunasol I wanted to try out one of their new makeup primers and when I found one for cheaper than retail online I just went ahead and purchased it.
Control Makeup Base comes in a hygienic pump bottle made of sturdy plastic in a milky color. The cover comes in the typical Lunasol color (a chocolatey bronze color).

25ml cost 3625 Yen so it's not really a steal. But Lunasol is a High-End brand so sure it's on the pricey side.

There are 3 different verstions of their Control Makeup base: 01 Moisture, 02 Lighting and 03 Clear. I have the Moisture version so my review on the texture is for this one only.
The base in Moisture has a very light green tint but it goes on clear. It really gives my skin a boost of moisture so it really feels soft and smooth. Following makeup applies more evenly without any balling up and dry patches don't get accentuated as much when using this primer.
I also like the added SPF. 01 Moisture comes with an SPF 22 PA++, Lighting has SPF 20 PA++ and Clear has SPF 21 PA++.

I deducted 1 lippy because since it's a primer I'd have preferred if it would give a slight coverage to even out the skin a bit.
My skin has not reacted to this primer with any dry patches or other signs of irritations. That's really great since I cannot use a lot of items with SPF in them without getting an adverse reaction.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/MQ OC-00/Lunasol OC-01/Kate OC-a/SK II OP-1 with brown eyes and normal-dry but very sensitive skin.

continued >>