November 24, 2014 | 1742 users online

Eye Shadow - Fyrinnae - Gilded Wings

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a freebee. Normally I would not look twice at a deep gold eyeshadow, but there is something about this that made me look twice. It reminds me of the gold leaf I use for art projects, when I literally want to make object to make it look like it's been brushed with real gold. I gave it a two for packaging because it is a (messy) powder, but this is what Fyrinnae does, so I'm not sure that is necessarily fair.

It's very pigmented and beautiful and it really suits my dark brown eyes well - especially when blended out with a deeper, coppery shade. I'm NC40 as a reference and already have a lot of "gold" (read yellow) in my skin so this adds just enough glimmer without looking metallic. It's pretty perfect shade wise and I cannot wait to foil it for slightly more dramatic results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a brilliant, true gold. Like other reviewers have stated, it really looks like liquid gold. The color is just breathtaking. It shows up very vividly and is true to color on my eyelids (NC35). The pigmentation and color payoff is excellent quality, and the fine texture allows it to apply like butter on my lids. This is what really got me hooked on fyrinnae shadows. will be repurchasing soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Everyone else has said it and I agree - this really is liquid gold. Most other golds are sheer and washed out, but this is very pigmented and looks good even without primer. Today, I used it wet as a liner and people have been asking me which eyeliner it was, and I told them it was actually eyeshadow. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must mention that I absolutely LURVE golds! And I'm constantly searching for that perfect 24K molten liquid gold shadow that is always eluding me. Well Fyrinnae has accomplished it! They actually have 2 golds that I've tried that are both like pure gold, no undertones or other colours mixed in. Nor are they yellow, they're GOLD! This colour is one of the 2. Shrouded in Gold is the other. They're both Professional Colours, I don't know if they still make these shades but I definitely hope that they do! The only difference is that one of the 2 is a pure bright gold and the other is slightly darker, like antique gold, I don't remember which of the 2 is which but I love them both! As long as Fyrinnae keeps making them (which I hope will be all my life!) I will always have these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Recently swore off loose powder makeup and then thought I'd try this line and purchased a bunch of samples this one included. I now remember why I swore them off. This, however, is an exception - beautiful gold with subtle glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by phloxlombardi

Little Gnome has written most of what I would have to review this product and I agree 100%. Gilded Wings is gorgeous! I, too, use it on the inner corners of my eyes with a darker liner color on the outside. It looks beautiful used this way and is also great as a lid color. Wet or dry, the staying power is great. Fyrinnae's Professional Color line is such great quality, and I've ended up loving colors from it that I never would have thought I'd like. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A "liquid gold" looking mineral eyeshadow that is soooo smooth on application and sticks so well, it's amazing. This is such a luxurious shadow, much like the texture of their Lucky Charmed, but a different metallic color. I'm a Fyrinnae Sunstone/EM Winged Butter/MAC NC30 complexion, a GGG, if you will - and this is such a pretty color on me. You can use it as a lid color, or in the inner color for extra pop with a darker color on the outer corner of the lid. You can also highlight with it or use it under a darker liner color on the lower lashline. Gorgeous. Medium, metallicy liquid gold (and I do mean, gold, like 18-24K, not any of that light 14 stuff) that looks foiled and gorgeous at first application. This is part of their professional colours collection and they threw it in my last order as a freebie. If you like the new Sticky Buns color, you should definitely check this out, it is SO gorgeous. I plan on purchasing a full size when I run out of the sample.