July 22, 2014 | 2039 users online

Highlighters - Clinique - Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator - Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this a variety of ways. As a highlighter and as a blush. I'm very pale and it's highly pigmented for my complexion. I do use a brush when applying but have to be careful or it will be too dark. A little goes a very long way. It's a gorgeous color. Very natural, not shimmery at all, not glittery. Seems to last forever, too. Seems to have more of a slip to it when applying but when dry doesn't feel greasy. Won't repurchase any Clinique products until they get their act together on animal testing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I love Clinique bronzers, but Clinique tends to discontinue various types after a few years (Two of my bronzers were discontinued).

The SA suggested that I try this one when I found out my last bronzer was discontinued. Clinique bronzers in general are relatively more pigmented for Clinique products, and this one is also similar. You only need a small amount, making the product last longer. This one is pretty great -- I just use a small amount on my cheeks. It lasts long and gives a fresh dewy glow. I also agree that it's best to apply with fingers, not with a sponge or brush. You do have to be careful about applying too much, lest you end up looking clown-like, so I do suggest testing out the amount you need prior to going out with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by elliotx

I love patting this on my cheekbones and eyelids, then finishing with bronzer and shadow. Gives my face the flush of healthy skin and makes my makeup last longer.
I usually get so paranoid about clogging up pores and emphasizing them that I stay away from creamy glittery things, but Up-lighting doesn't do any of that, so I wear it every day. And you only need the tiniest dab so it'll last forever and is pretty cheap in the long run.
I have this in blush and really want to try out the peach :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by MiMiAlee

This stuff is AMAZING! Just the right amount of shimmer and the color will flatter any skin color. Some people might have problem controlling the amount of product that dispenses out but i think it can be managed easily.
As for the price, a little goes a long way so I think its not expensive at all.I would love to try other colors in it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this as a blush. I squirt a drop onto the back of my hand and use a damp sponge to apply to my cheeks. It leaves me with a subtle flush of color and a glow, but its not overdone or glittery or pore-emphasizing in any way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOD.

I was at a CCO for the first time, and never been a fan of department store brands, but I decided to pick this up in Peach because it just looked so pretty.

It was love at first drop. There was none of the purpley shimmer I've seen in so many other highlighters, JUST enough shimmer to make it dewy, and just all around complimented my face, no matter where I put it.

And the pump is AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am writing this review from a SA/MA perspective. This product comes in 4 shades. Natural, Bronze, Blush and Peach. This is a liquid product that comes in a pump dispenser. The price is $23 USD at any Clinique counter, however, the size of the product and the amount needed makes it a great value. You need the smallest amount to get alot of "effect". The Natural shades is more of your highlight, candlelight type of shade. The Bronze is pretty self explanatory, you use it for a bronzey glow. The peach and blush are great as blushes for fairer people and even for some medium tones. I really like the Blush, as well,,,, a blush. I used this on a client for her wedding day look and it gave her cheeks not only a lovely flush of color but a nice glow as well, just what most brides are going for. I needed a small almost less than pea size amount to acheive the look. As another person stated, you must be careful or you will end of looking like a pink or orange frosted ball. All Clinique products are allergy tested and completely fragrance free. I would recommend this for someone who also has a drier skin and wants a long lasting blush, since such a small amount is needed. May take a little practice until you find the amount right for you. Use your fingers to apply. A sponge will soak it up and a foundation brush never quite gets it as well blended as the warmth of your fingers will.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cpc1887

I have not used a bronzer in a long time because I'm always paranoid that my face will break out, but this product is great! Not too dramatic, but gives your face a nice glow, and a little color if you do in fact use the bronze. It goes on smooth and does not seem to irritate my skin. I think this will last a while, so it's worth the money! Amazing highlighting product for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my absolute favorite Clinique products. I have this in bronze and use it along my cheeks, nose, and sometimes forehead. I only use a teeny tiny amount because it's very easy to go overboard and create an orange glitterball effect. When used correctly, the product gives you a very natural sunkissed look with a satin finish. I love love love it, a must have for summer. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, it's really hard to pump out a tiny amount so you kind of waste more product than necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

cool product. I actually had no idea what it was for, because mine was given to me by my mom. i have it in the colour of natural and i've been using it on my upper cheekbones, apples of my cheeks, and under my brows as a highlight. this product adds shimmer and makes your skin look more glowy. great to wear out at night.