Dove 24-hr Nourishing Moisture Body Lotion for Dry Skin

1.0

on 1/23/2010 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I completely agree with everything the reviewer below said. It has a strong floral smell that reminds me of old Lancôme creams and makeup. It is a kind of runny and I gotta admit that I find the consistency very similar to sunscreen... This product takes forever to absorb and you need to use a whole lot, without even fully moisturizing your skin. I like my Nivea lotion for dry skin a WHOLE LOT better than this. This leaves a sticky film/ residue on my skin so it doesn't feel the least bit silky or even smooth. Will not repurchase.

on 6/7/2009 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a mediocre, basic moisturizer. The fragrance reminds me of that ubiquitous scent of older skincare products--a sharp, medicinal floral. A whiff of this is like being five again, diving into my grandmother's entire array of creams and potions. It is initially strong but quickly fades, leaving behind a mild remnant.

The moisturizing qualities are quite weak. Rather than being truly emollient, this seems to leave a light film over the skin. It has done very little for the appearance and texture of my skin. I cannot recommend it to anyone who needs substantial moisturization, though it may be suitable for normal skin.

on 5/7/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Ditto on the film commented on below, but it's not even an occlusive blanketed feeling. It's two silicones that leave an uncomfortable feeling coating and still leave the skin ever so tight underneath. Wouldn't even recommend it for normal skin. No nourishment or skin repairing here.