September 22, 2014 | 1876 users online

Toners - Olay - Age Defying Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ksushash3010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've purchased this toner because it has salicylic acid but no alcohol. But when using it my skin turnes red and burns, the reaction is similar to toners with alcohol! Instead there were no fresh or clean finish, it is rather sticky and this feeling is long. I don't like the product at all and won't buy any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Clustertums

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This for the money is a very good toner. Leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I use clinique cleanser and liquid soap then follow with this,i dont like clinique s clarifying lotions as i find them a little harsh but olay s toner suits me fine :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by frini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Olay's age defying toner is called here in Greece total effects toner.
After the cleansing with the milk I put the toner and puts away all traces of milk and makeup. It really cleanses and purifies skin without making it oily or dry. It's an excellent toner for the skin.
I have combo oily skin,prone to dehydration and this one makes my skin really really nice. Other toner's I have tried made my skin too dry,too oily, others where just moisturezing toners with no cleaning abilities(guerlain super aqua toner),this one here is one of the best for the price of 5 euros.I have come up to 4 bottles,since toner's finish more quickly due to their watery consistency.As long as I don't have issues with that I will keep up as long is it available.
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hamamelis Virginiana, Chamomilla Recutita, Potassium Phosphate, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Isoceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Pentylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Propylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 14700, CI 19140.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This will work good for normal to dry skin types. I purchased this because the ingrediants list looked very good- a toner thet contained salicylic acid but with no alcohol. This is a combination very rare to find at the drug store. Unfortunately, this was too moisturising for my combo to oily skin. After applying in the morning it left my t-zone really shine by early afternoon. Also, like the review said below, it leaves a sticky tacky feeling behind. The good is that it does leave the skin moisturised,gives a beautiul glow, and removes traces of dirt.
I understand that this is designed for more mature skin so I'm guessing it will work good for more normal to dry skin types (since the older one's skin gets the more dryer it becomes) so I will give it a 3. However wouldnt recommned for combo oily skin types.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Normally for toners I use Biomedic Conditioning Solution, PCA Skin pHaze 2 Smoothing Toner, or PCA Skin pHaze 5 Nutrient Toner.

I recently ran out of the toner I was using (the Smoothing Toner) and because I don't have anywhere near me that sells Biomedic or PCA Skin products, I needed to pick up a toner to use until I could buy one of the ones that I like best. I read all the labels, and lists of ingredients in the supermarket, and this one sounded best to me.

Unfortunately, I just don't like it. It leaves my skin with an almost slightly sticky film, instead of the fresh clean feeling that I am accustomed to from toners, and though it's OK to use for a couple days, if I use it every day for about a week, it starts to break me out. It's too bad, because aside from the sticky feeling, it feels OK on my skin, and it was cheap compared to the products that I usually use. Oh well.
I'm currently using this only a few times a week, and skipping toner on the other days. When possible, I'm going to re-buy one of the ones I prefer.