October 1, 2014 | 1840 users online

Moisturizers - Derma E - Firming DMAE Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this!! This is the best thing to buy if Dr Perricone's line out of your budget. Although I do not have sensitive skin, I have very break-out prone skin and this and Perricone's have caused me breakouts, that alone is a miracle! Sinks in completely and lightly moisturizing. Perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE: I began using this + "Hyaluronic Acid + C Antioxidant Moisturizing Serum" on my neck, where I had some pretty deep wrinkles (for a 23 year old)... and they are going away! From being about 1 mm deep they are only about half the deepness now! It took about 2 weeks. I think that I might not have ANY wrinkles on my neck after 2 more weeks :) The con is: the two products definitely work best together, but the Derma E DMAE Alpha Lipoic C-Ester Serum makes more of a difference. END OF UPDATE.

I have dry, sensitive skin. I bought this quite a long time ago because I wanted a moisturizing serum. I tried it, it stung a little, so I put it away. I found this again months later and tried it again... my skin must be slightly less sensitive now, because it didn't sting any more. I applied it at night and woke up with quite nice, glowing skin, so I continued using it. The interesting thing is, that for me, it reduces hyperpigmentation! It's not an over-night fix, but it works pretty fast on me -stubborn marks suddenly began fading :) I use this only once per day, before going to bed, just because I remember finding it a little too harsh for me to use twice in the day. When I only use this before bed, I weak up with moisturized and calmed skin :) My skin is very picky though - there aren't many things it can tolerate, but this doesn't irritate it.

I will likely repurchase this, but it will be in a long time - this serum lasts quite well, mainly because of the amount (50 mL/1,7 oz) and the type of pump it has - it squirts out a tiny amount (which is good). I feel that this serum might work better when I put a moisturizer on top - it then feels tingly for about 3 seconds, which it doesn't do without moisturizer on top. BTW: I have noticed that if a product tingles on my face for longer than about 15 seconds, there is a good chance it will irritate my face a bit. I don't know if the rule applies to other people, but I have found that tingles are good ONLY if they continue for a short time, which means that the acids in the product are weak enough for my skin to like.

There is no great reason for which I gave this a 4* - it's just that my skin is weird: it can first like a product, then suddenly begin to dislike it, so I can't give this 5* before I have used it over 3 months - only then I can be sure that this absolutely doesn't do anything bad. I will update the rating later, if I change my mind.

I bought this at iherb.com. I think it's a great site for those who want to get this serum, but doesn't have it in their country - the shipping is very cheap! If you're a first time customer, you can use my coupon code JUZ808 and get a discount of $5 (if shopping for less than $40) or $10 (if shopping for more than $40). I also want to say how the code works: if you use it, I get a small percentage of the price you paid. People earn money when you use their code. If you feel strongly negative about this, you can use iherb's own code ABC123, and you will get the same discounts, but only iherb will earn money from your purchase. If you have products for more than $30 you can just go ahead and find something for $5 more - with the $10 discount it won't cost you any more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I'm not going to claim that I've noticed significant firming of my 43-year old, fairly (usually) well-kept skin since I started using this serum a few weeks ago as I've recently changed almost my entire skincare regime as my skin is misbehaving (spotty, dehydrated, generally a PITA)... But what I will say is that this serum has a lotion texture, has not given me any adverse reaction unlike other vitamin C serums I have used, smells a little strange at first but not in the least bit unpleasant and sinks into my skin immediately. I mix it with a cheaper, basic hylauronic serum for extra hydration and to avoid a slightly matte look. I then use my regular moisturiser and salicylic acid lotion over and the overall effect is great plus it all sinks in very nicely. This particular serum is mid-range in terms of price but I had to get mine from the US via Amazon which made it slightly expensive (20.00 UK pounds) although great value for the volume. I've been using this serum for around three months in total but stopped using it midway for several weeks as I thought it might be drying - it wasn't, my skin is just playing up. Once I went back to it I noticed my skin improved slightly, though to be honest this might not be down to this serum as it's such a slight difference. Still, it can't hurt to keep using it as my skin tolerates it well, it feels great and the price is good considering the amount. My skin is definitely brighter though. I have just started my 2nd bottle and I'm looking forward to targeting my neck in particular with it - no visible lines yet, just small traces of them trying to form and I want to keep it that way!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by a1issa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been on a long hunt for a moisturizer that's mostly natural, fragrance-free, and win't break me out. I've had bad acne for over a decade and a half and am finally figuring out how to best control it after years of failed attempts with products that made me peel horribly, dried out my skin, and didn't make an appreciable difference in the acne. For me, the thought of a serum was compelling, but the skin plumping is just an added bonus to the fact that this doesn't break me out.

I've been using the serum for a month, and so far I've had absolutely no clogged pores and only a few pimples and one cyst (that's great for me!). The low level of ALA caused me to peel just a teensy bit on more sensitive areas (in between my eyebrows) for a few days, but I didn't need to discontinue use for my skin to adjust.

I haven't been using an additional moisturizer, and this has been adequate to prevent my face from producing excess oil. My face also appears to be maintaining hydration well, but the true test will be once the heat is running and the indoor humidity goes down to 13% at work (ouch).

If there was anything I would improve about the product, it would be the texture after application - it sinks in pretty quickly and doesn't leave much of a tacky surface, so it's not great as a primer.

Overall, I'm very glad I found this serum and I LOVE the price. I had almost written off Derma-E after using their acne products (they caused my skin to produce floods of oil), but I'm glad I kept going with the brand.

Oh, and is my,skin plumper? Maybe -- It's hard to tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Profiteroles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am just getting the smile lines, but don't have any fine lines yet, but I am definitely noticing a certain lack of "plumpness" in my skin since I've hit my 30's.

I have very acne prone, dehydrated (slightly) yet oily skin which is under control with Spironolactone. I have some old red scarring & good texture thanks to Mychelle. I used to use DermaE Hyaluronic Acid Serum as a light moisturizer for a couple of years & loved it. Never gave me a breakout or made me oilier. Than they added fragrance to it, and I was in love with it much less.

I have had very good experiences with DermaE products, I love it that they are affordable, many comes in opaque pump packaging, has clean ingredients & they work!

I was a bit concerned about a few of the ingredients on this serum, but was swayed by the great reviews, and am glad I tried it. I wanted a replacement for the HA Serum & my skin is getting a bit drier as I age and this one had the added "anti-aging" ingredients.

Happy to report that the texture is "cushy" yet light & absorbs clean, wears well under make-up, does not cause breakouts, pleasant scent, makes my skin very smooth & supple, love the pump & great price, I paid about $14 online.

I am careful about how much moisturizer I use because I am still oily, I only wear one pump for my face and it is plenty. The HA Serum used to last me 6 months & I wore 2 pumps at a time so this will last me even longer.

I haven't used it lone enough to notice the anti-aging effects, but the smoothing & moisturizing capabilities of this will make me continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by mforest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this serum daily for three years. I'ts the best thing i've ever used other than Dr Perricone's CONCENTRATED RESTORATIVE TREATMENT. I apply it after cleansing with a clarisonic. I find that it works best if you scrub the skin really good then put it on liberally, rubbing it up into the hairline and behind the ears to the DMAE can do it's thing. Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love natural products and am a religious follower of Dr. Perricone. Came across this as a great dupe for his moisturizer and I love it. I went on accutane many years ago so I do not break out, therefore cannot comment on that aspect of it. I am also on retin-a now, so the moisturizer tends to sting a bit. But that just gives me a nice, flush, glowy look. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

I've generally had good luck with Derma E products in the past, and picked this up when I saw a really good deal on it. With the cold weather transition, my skin has been irritated, red, broken out, and generally giving me a hard time, more so than usual. The biggest thing I have been battling though is massive dehydration, which I thought could be somewhat alleviated with a serum. I would describe this more as a light, smooth-textured lotion, not really a serum consistency. It sinks in quite nicely, and it does not feel tacky on the skin. I use this once a day after cleansing my face at night. I find it gives me enough hydration alone, and I don't apply anything else on top of it.
Although I have only been using it about four weeks now, I think that I am starting to see a change for the better. My skin looks more even-toned, the redness is slightly reduced, and my breakouts have not been aggravated with this. I can't wait to see if this improves down the line. I think Derma E can tend to be overlooked in the vast array of skincare products out there, but I think they have some wonderful products that won't break the bank and perform really well. I am extremely happy with this serum, and will buy it again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by hardesty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use as a night treatment. Makes my skin soft and supple.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by azgirl58l

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a replacement to Murad and I am happy I found it! I use it twice a day - in the morning under my makeup and at bedtime. Within 2 weeks of using this product I noticed a significant difference over my former expensive products. Believe me I have bought many brands including Clayton Schegal and this one works better. No breakouts, greasiness or anything. Just plumpness, fine lines erased, and smoother skin and my pores look smaller. I highly recommend it to everyone and my friends are enjoying it as well. I am going to try some of their other products.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No