April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Polishes - NARS - Orgasm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a mini Orgasm polish when I purchased a few products from the NARS counter a while back and I finally decided to try it out.
Thankfully, I didn't pay full price for this because this polish is terrible. The formula is watery and streaky with an uneven application. Plus it's too pale for my warm yellow-toned skin. It might suit women with very pale skin or dark skin tones.

I don't see the point in spending a lot of money on nail polishes (even Essie or OPI) and I'd say save your money with this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color I do not find to be very flattering on my pale skin. 3 coats and it still wasn't opaque. A bit streaky.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This nail polish is rather more orangey than I expected however it does have a lovely golden glow just like the blusher. It takes about 3 coats to get a nice coverage on your nails, and I found the formula very thin and hard to work with as it can be quite streaky with fewer coats. Overall I'm very disappointed with this product it looks lovely in the bottle but the formula is rubbish. I would have expected more from such an expensive bottle of nail polish!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by norilo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It doesn't leave a nice unified color. It is to sheer and becomes uneven, even after two cotes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I tried this polish at Selfridges and I have to say I was totally unimpressed. I didn't like the shimmer in it, and found the whole colour of it rather grannyish! So glad I tried and DIDN'T buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this nail polish. Its shimmery peachy color, very light and sheek. Its too light when applied once, so two coats does a pretty good job, however, it is still little see through color. It's little too expensive for a nail polish (I love OPI colors for 9 USD) - it costs 18 USD at Sephora. I will try to find similar color in OPI line, but if I can't I might purchase this - it's amazing color for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by missvictoria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product, well, I have a love-hate relationship with. It's actually on my nails RIGHT NOW. It is the most gorgeous peachy-pink shimmer nail polish, and I love the blush as well. However, the formula sorta pisses me off. I can usually deal with the application and then have beautiful nails for a week and not think anything of it. When I am applying the polish, I have to be extra careful, because even after it's "dry" it's not really. But other than that: feminine, fabulous colour, can be worn with whatever you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this polish in a swap and I must say even though I'm in the minority here, I love it! It is a gorgeous pinky gold color against my Asian NC30 skin tone, but I could definitely see how it could look a bit sickly on someone with fairer skin. I love the formula which is smooth and non-streaky, but it does take a bit longer (compared to OPI) to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by buhsayd

I think the problem many people have with this polish is they try to put too many coats on. They want it to be opaque, so with every coat, it becomes more and more orange and tacky. I think the best way to wear it is just one coat. That way, it's like a nude gloss, very wearable but not boring. I found out about this polish while I was looking for a coral toned polish that I could wear to work. Typical bright corals are too edgy for my clinical setting, so this Orgasm polish is the perfect answer for a summery coral that's not overwhelming. In fact, since one coat is so sheer, it adds an interesting peachy pink tint to natural-looking nails. Not orange. I think that's how it's meant to be worn. Just like the blush, however pretty the color, it's not going to look good globbed on. So don't layer this polish on thick either.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

Two to three coats to get this coral polish opaque. I love the jelly texture and when I wore it, it did not chip at all. Surprisingly this is my least favorite color out of all the Nars polishes I have. I do like it and it's a great polish I just don't grab for it as much as I thought.