LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 8/12/2015 1:12:00 PM

I received this product as part of a Lush gift set (You're A Star). As a dusting powder, it works fine. It provides a little buffer for sweat and grime so your skin can feel refreshed and clean in muggy, sticky weather. My main problem with this product is that it smells like suntan lotion. I don't know if it's because of improper storage before I received the product or if it's just become stale (the date of manufacture was 3 months before I received it) but it smells absolutely disgusting. I don't get any florals from this at all, just the musty, oily smell of sunblock. It's vaguely plasticky and thoroughly vile. The smell aside, the packaging itself makes the product difficult to apply. The bottle I own is like any of their bottled shampoos or conditioners. You need to sprinkle this product in a dish and then use a makeup brush to apply it. It gets everywhere and a lot of the product is wasted from falling off the brush and floats around in the air only to later settle in every nook and cranny of my room. My dresser is an absolute mess after attempting to use this for a week. If it weren't for the horrendous smell, I might put up with the mess and inconvenience but, as it is, no way. This is getting returned.

Ingredients: Cornstarch (Zea mays) , Kaolin , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Magnesium Carbonate , Fragrance , Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum) , Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) , *Cinnamyl Alcohol , *Benzyl Cinnamate , *Linalool . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 8/9/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have the one w the third picture's packaging. I think from what I'm reading from all the reviews that this is the best packaging LUSH has come out with. I use this also for chub-rub & I bought 2 of them coz the packages are too small intending to put it on my lovely lady parts but it has Kaolin! That is a hard mineral just like talcum so talcum has been linked to cancer because it's a hard mineral & idk all of the Geschichte but talc/kaolin=no on my bottom. But I put this on as a perfumed dusting powder all over my body either w an elf kabuki or an old Coty Airspun powder puff under arms, between thighs, crook of elbows, neck/under breasts & just all over. This is just the most ridic luxury product I don't technically need it but d--n I love it & will continue to repurchase coz I love being lightly powdery scented which I combine w LUSH solid perfume (I have 4 diff ones), lotion from VS or Bath&bodyworks & a perfume like MAC Turquatic, Jessica Simpson Fancy/Fancy Love, Paris Hilton CanCan or Snooki Couture are my current heavy duty rotation. This powder is strongly vanilla w Jasmine; it's divine! Spicy boozy vanilla not your cookie baking vanilla. Unisex scent very creamy a little smoky. I luv this even if it's a little excessive consumerism which ironically LUSH really seems against w their minimalist philosophy.

on 6/22/2015 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

As a chubby girl, summer is the worst thing for me. Between sweat and "chub-rub", it's enough to keep me inside for 3 months. I read about this products from a fashion blogger for "chub-rub" and decided to try it. It smells wonderful, but the sweetness of the vanilla is not sickening, just lovely. Every morning I use a fat makeup brush to run it all over my body. It absorbs the sweat, doesn't get sticky, and keeps smelling sweet all day. It does not work for my legs or the "chub-rub."

The packaging is not my favorite. The one I have now is a bottle with a small opening. So I have to pour it in a bowl or plate to use a brush.

on 5/17/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Omg the smell of this should be a perfume first of all, second it's just fab sprinkle it anywhere youd like to stay extra dry, soft and smooth :) it's so lovely and perfect for in between my curvy thighs ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This smells exactly like suntan oil to me, which is not what I expected from something touted as a "jasmine" scent. If I wanted to walk around smelling like Banana Boat all day, I'd spray on some Banana Boat—rather than chalk up my skin with a do-nothing powder that costs 3X as much! Sorry Lush—this one's a miss.

on 10/15/2014 3:54:00 PM

I don't know if I just misunderstood what this is for or what, but I bought this to put on the skin underneath my underwear and between my thighs to help with sweating and chaffing when wearing skirts and dresses, and it just doesn't do anything for me at all. I get better results with plain old baby powder. And personally I cannot stand the smell, so the fact that it stays on my hands for hours and that the packaging makes for extra product on the floor which then stinks up my bathroom are both major drawbacks.

on 8/14/2014 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

The smell is lovely! I use it after dream cream or charity pot lotions before I go to bed so that my sheets don't get lotion on them. The packaging isn't ideal and you get a bit of the product spilled. That's really my only complaint - if it came in a 'shaker' type container like other talcum powders it would be perfect.

on 7/18/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This smells so good.. the jasmine and vanilla mix is really wonderful. This is my second bottle. You can use it after a shower to soak up moisture, you can use it on your sheets while you're sleeping. I have no complaints about this, it has versatile uses... plus it has some natural stuff in it. Love.

on 6/17/2014 1:00:00 AM

I use it as the name tells: put it in the underwear when it's warm and I'm afraid I'm going to sweat too much and have to face a long day and wanna stay fresh down there...also really good to feel sexier and it works in certain occasions.... I use it on legs, arms, belly and breasts especially in summer or after putting my cream on.

on 1/23/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have just received this dusting powder today after I had ordered it online and it smells heavenly. This is great for days when you don't feel like wearing an overpowering perfume. The smell is soft, mildly sweet (but definitely not too sweet) and creamy. Not only does it smell great but it has a softening effect on the skin as well because of it's moisturizing properties.

I sincerely hope that Lush doesn't discontinue this product because I just love it!

Top Rated LUSH Products