October 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Nano Silver Mod#CS43

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, how CUTE is this iron?

This iron had a different feel when it straightened my hair. It didn't exactly go down smoothly, but had this sort of sliding feel. I've had better straighteners, but this was certainly good for the price. The LED temperature display really helped!

My only complaint turned out to be a plus! The head gets pretty hot as the iron itself heats up, so you can't use a second hand for support. However, because of that this is a great straightener for CURLING HAIR. Yup! Just search on youtube and it's pretty easy. The sides are nice and rounded so it's easy and can essentially be used like a curling iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this hair straightener, in only one swipe my hair is luxurious silky straight. It has a nice LED display for heat seatings, it warms up instantly and the design is great too. It has an extra long cord, and came with a cool heat resistant silver carrying case! For less then half the price of GHD...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lolipopi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been dying to try a tourmaline ionic flat iron ever since I saw the review by it'sjudytime on youtube for the one pass bio ionic iron - but for $200 I couldn't bring myself to do it! I did some research on some cheaper alternatives and found a J'ilbere iron at Sally's for $79 plus $5 off if I took in my old one to 'trade in'. Before I took the plunge however I found this Conair Tourmaline Ionic 1" Iron for $34 at Costco! Say What? Ok - it's conair, but I'm not going to turn my nose up at this if it's sooo much cheaper and does the same thing. Costco has a great return policy - so I took it home and tried it out. I love this thing. It cuts my time to straighten from about 20min to 8 or so min. It does what my older ceramic iron did not do - it makes my hair pin straight. I just want to be clear this model is white and its CS43N. It comes with a heat resistant carry pouch that protects my counter while I'm ironing. This does get pretty warm on the outside but it actually cools off really fast. The temperature range 202 - 395 and I use the highest setting. The plates are 1" extra long. It works pretty well on my long color treated hair. I live in the Pacific NW where it rains a lot. Today it was super windy and us locals don't use umbrellas ;) What I've noticed is the straightened hair holds it's shape very well under our wet weather. I mean not standing in the rain - but from my car to the store or house... It's still straight! I use this iron with my GVP version of the CHI 44 Iron Guard - and then afterwards I use Biosilk Silk Therapy or EV Coconut Oil to get a glossy straight look. I will not be taking this Iron back. This is a great alternative for us girls on a budget - or even someone who wants to try the tourmaline ionic irons at a fraction of the cost!
I would recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bcake86

I really like this product. Mostly b/c it is so light and thin. It heats up very fast too. my old iron was nice but it was so heavy on my arms. but this is so light it is more comfortable. i got mine at tjmaxx on clearance a few months back. sometimes when im using it i will hit the temp button and either turn it up or down. but also this has an automatic shut off where if you dont touch it for a while it will shut itself off. i guess there are a few cons with everything. also it doesnt snag my hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by pugi826

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS FLAT IRON!
Pros:
--it comes with a mat & pouch so you can put it away instantly and not have to wait for it to cool down.

--it has 5[i think maybe only 4] heat settings.

--heats up in literally 10 seconds.

--The cord is super long

--the plates are also super long

--automatic turn off

--doesnt make any sound! :] [no annoying beeps when your clicking the buttons.]

--does not pull or tug on hair

--straightens in one swipe... no need to go over your hair 3 times.

--straigtens thick hair wonderfully

--doesnt stink

--Many Many more.

Cons:

--i thought the price was sort of high, but it does come with the pouch and mat...and i have had it for about 4 months in 2 days...and so far so good. so hopefully it lasts a long time then the price will be worth it.

--the little gripper dots at the end of the straigtener where your supposed to put your other hand to help pinch it together[i dont know how to explain them] gets pretty hot so you cant really hold onto that without discomfort.

OVERALL
great product... would reccomend to everyone.
good splurge.
:]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 4:34:00 AM More reviews by MomColors

I've never used a flat iron before so I have nothing to compare it to. I wash my thin wavy hair every 2 or 3 days. (I home color so I don't like to wash that often otherwise the color goes and the grays show!) I bought this because I couldn't decide what I wanted.

What I found is I want the larger iron 1 3/4. I want to frame my face and I think the larger iron will work better for me.

Pros: Heated instantly I don't think I needed 395 degrees!
Hair slid right through the plates no problem at all but, I have thin hair too.
The plates really are longer and made styling a snap.
Straightened perfectly.
Multiple temp settings.
Comes with a heat mat/pouch
It's tourmaline ceramic with ion technology - whatever that means.
Swivel Cord

Cons:
I guess ceramic coated is not as good as ceramic. I have no idea but this iron is ceramic coated.
I think I might like a rounded barrel better.
Price $75 at the drugstore that seemed like a lot.

I'm giving it 5 lippies. It met my expecations and was packaged well so I knew what the iron did.