November 28, 2014 | 2034 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Trio - Aqua Marine

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by peachyrose

I believe this was LE for Summer 2008. I think it should be made part of the regular line as it's much prettier than their mainstay blue palette (I have both). I generally don't do blue eyeshadows, they either clash with my warm undertones or look garish on my pale skin. However, I picked up this palette on a whim since it was so cheap and the sparkly blues looked so pretty. Turns out, this palette looks beautiful when applied. The reviewer below was right, the light blue gives an ethereal vibe and the other shades give it some oomph. I love it so much that i wore it to graduation (and this is from a person who almost never strays from her standby neutrals).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by janene5000

By the time I write this review it will be too late-- all of these limited edition palettes will be gone. I got the last "Aqua Marine" in stock locally and feel compelled to alert MUAers to a truly outstanding drugstore find. Wet n Wild's Mega Eyes Palette in # 33298 Aqua Marine is almost a dead ringer for Stila's 2007 Fall Fantasy palette in Laguna. Although I quite wanted that Stila palette, I snoozed and lost. The invisible hand of the market place beat me to it. I was thrilled to see a close approximation of Laguna for the low, low price of $2.99 United States Dollars for three (3) eye shadows and a little pull out mirror.

There is a shimmery silvery blue-gray wash, a muted teal contour, and a gunmetal gray crease/liner color. The silver is absolutely gorgeous. In terms of quality, it is very similar to Stila or comparable department store cosmetics. The teal color is a little muddy for my tastes. But, for a dollar, it is a close enough approximation of a color I quite wanted so I am very happy with it. The gunmetal is a perfectly serviceable contour shade, but I prefer the simplicity of the teal and silver by themselves. To use the gunmetal shade as a liner, one would have to wet it. It is not pigmented enough to serve as a liner dry.

On a historical note, shortly before Stila came out with Laguna I had been pining for a long lost eyeshadow of my youth. It was a teal and silver Almay duo that I had once loved so much but could not find a modern substitute anywhere. Laguna was a close approximation of those shades. However, I think the W&W shades are even closer to the original at a fraction of the cost. I am really loving my little three buck throwback palette. Here is a rough comparison between W&W (left) and Laguna. The picture is a much darker than the actual product.

continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

WnW delivers again with their LE shadow trios. While I found their last offering less than pleasing (the shadow palettes that had floral designs), they get back to the good stuff with their latest releases.

Aquamarine is stunning. The colors have been described well thus far, the baby blue shade is not as scary as it looks in the pan b/c while it definitely has a blue tint, it looks very ethereal applied to eyes... shimmery and happy and not 80s fashion victim. The actual aqua shade is the most stunning and is a perfect combo of green & blue. I was not sure about the middle shade at first but it has grown on me. It is a grey shade that seems to have almost a greenish tint. When used in combo with the other shades, it gives it a more sophisticated look rather than just a really colorful look...if that makes sense haha.

The shadows are amazingly soft and pigmented and long wearing. I love wearing these over a vaseline base, it really seems to bring out the depth of them. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

I looked at all the new trios and picked this one because IMO it is the most unique...and I am so pleased! I used the (almost frosty) light blue as a wash, the bottom aqua color on the outer portion of lid and the brown/green in the crease. Used all three colors to line bottom lash. Really beautiful and all the colors are soooo pigmented. What a pleasant surprise. Since it is so pigmented, this trio will last a long time. I wish the middle color (the green/brown) was was a larger quantity like the other two, but it is the smallest pan =( Gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am soo in love with the Wet N' Wild trios & palettes that whenever I catch wind of a new LE display I scour the county looking until I find them. Luckily our Walgreens got these 4 new Trios pretty quickly and kept me from having too many sleepless frantic nights. There are 4 new LE trios: Earth Brown, Aqua Marine, Pink Petals, and Green Moss. This review is for Aqua Marine.
The top shade is a light shimmery (almost frosty) baby blue. I normally avoid colors like these as my eyes are blue-grey and baby blues look clownish on me...but this one is nice if applied lightly just on the lid, or as a brow highlighter. The bottom shade in the trio is the next darkest, it's a shimmery teal green shade....not enough blue to be turquoise but man, it is very pigmented. I used it in the crease and had to blend a bit so that it didn't look garish. It is a very gorgeous shade, I need to play some more to find a great way to wear it. The standout shade in this trio is the middle shade, the deepest one. In the pan it looks like a grey-green, but applied it is a gorgeous duochromatic green-brown shade. I loooove the green flash in this one! How amazing that a d/s palette can have the complexity of a duochrome shadow in it, and for a mere $2.99!! I marked this as a repurchase even though its LE, as I have yet to have any misses w/ Wet N' Wild e/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aqua Marine Mega Eyes Trio was such a gratifying purchase! The first shade is a light frosty blue that looks questionable in the pan...but when you apply it the light reflects it amazingly. The result is etheral and so clean with my dark brown eyes. I applied this shade all over my eyelid and blended up toward the crease. For crease definition I used the bottom shade. I can best describe this as a green / blue mix - it has the effect of turquoise but better. The darkest color is similiar to MAC Moth Brown and I am using that to line underneath. I pulled the look together by using Mega Liner in 861 Black.
I am in love!

I think this Mega Eyes Trio is amazing too bad it is Limited Edition...