July 22, 2014 | 1052 users online

Hair - Kerastase - Densitive Nutritional Supplement

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by sun111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very interested to try this products and to be honest had high hopes for it, unfortunately I had to stop using this supplement only after a few days of use. The reason for that is that it made me feel extremely unwell...i was dizzy, sick and was left with a horrible stomach ache. I dont know what was the ingredient to make me feel so bad, but one is clear kerastase is using someting not good...i never had similar problem with any other products. Maybe someone is happy with this product but i will never ever buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by gretchenpenelope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit-- I'm now almost through my fifth month, soon to receive my sixth. I started using the Densitive shampoo, coupled with the Age Recharge Masque during the fourth. I can't say anything regarding specific hair loss count, but I can say that the overall appearance, texture, and volume, of my lower-back-length hair, has pleasantly increased.

I'm into my second month now, and have definitely noticed a general improvement overall in my hair.
After reading the previous comments, I definitely think it's important to know what you're ingesting, but it's also just as important to note how small those quantities actually are, in comparison to the main components, especially when what you're ingesting is the size of a peanut.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 8:26:00 AM More reviews by allisonlamb

I just began taking this yesterday so I can't comment yet, but I will say that there are no "E" ingredients as indicated by the above poster. I have it right in front of me and although it does have talc, there are none of the "E" ingredients that the above poster warned about. I will update on how it actually works after 3 months of use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: April 20th 2009: In response to Alison Lamb's statement above that there aren't any e-numbers in the product. Well, I have the box in front of me! I suggest that you read the ingredients again! I've typed all the ingredients out and there certainly ARE certainly e-numbers listed! Why would I invent E-numbers and talc??? Read to the end of this review for them.

Original Review: Well I've been popping these funny, little Kermit coloured pills for 10 days now. I don't feel brilliant and my eyes look a little puffy. Nothing has happened to my hair yet. In fact, more has been falling than before I took them. I counted a hundred hairs after I stepped out of the shower after washing my hair today. I haven't noticed thicker hair nor thicker or longer eyelashes. I mean if it thickens the head hair, it has to be capable of thickening the eyelashes too, or in fact ahem, any body hair. It hasn't. I'm still waiting and hoping this isn't an utter waste of money. And having looked at some of the listed ingredients, I'm far from happy, for example it includes:

E102: Otherwise known as Tartrazine, hyperactivity anyone?
E171: Titanium Dioxide
E133: Brilliant Blue FCF: Derived from Coal Tar. Nice. BANNED in
many European countries.
E132: An Indigo dye
TALC: It has been long known that there is a correlation between talc
and tumours.
Sodium Carboxy Methyl Celluose, Potassium SilicoAluminate

Other people have pointed out on other forums that this silly shade is responsible for most of these E numbers. Why would someone want to pop pills that may make their hair thicker but pose other risks in the process? If you want to look healthy, by way of having thicker hair, why then would you want to make yourself unhealthier?

I never touch E- numbers and I'm very surprised that Kerastate (L'Oreal) would add such ingredients to something their loyal customers consume.

Personally, I don't want to continue taking them. Others may have better luck with them but E-numbers and talc make it a complete no, no for me.

I'm now going to do through the monotony of typing all the ingredients to prove that they are included, sigh. Here goes:

The ingredients are as listed from first to last as they are on the box:

Bulking Agent (Calcium Phosphates, Cellulose, Crosslinked Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose, Magnesium Salts of Fatty Acids) Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis L ) Kuntze Extr) (27% of which Polyphenol monomers min 30%) Grape Seed Extract (Vitus Vinifera L Var. Tinctoria Extr) (11% of which Polyphenol Monomers Min 20%) Taurine 11%) Zinc Gluconate, Glazing Agents (Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, TALC, Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose, Maltodextrin, Dextrose Monohydrate, Potassium Silicoaluminate) Anti-Caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide);COLOURS (E102, E171, E133, E132) Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin).

Best Before End; see end of pack. Store in a cool dry place.
L'Oreal UK.

The only thing that I can think of is that the UK ingredients may be different from the US ones. Could somebody else please check the outer cardboard packaging if they are in the US. I don't think it's likely that there would be a difference though.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am taking these peels a month now and I will take them at least 6.As my hair was super damage, thin and fowling down. I say WAS because from when I take them my hair change completely .Much more healthy, shiny. Also I stop losing hair too. I simply love Kerastase as I can always see results from it. Nothing ells to say really as I got from the supplements what they promise.
This peels contains taurine (an amino acid), grape seed and green tea (as antioxidants), and zinc (to stimulate keratin production).
UPDATE 6/28/2008
I have double much hair now than 3 months ago. And i am sure about that as my hair dresser yesterday told me that i have so much new growing hair. LOVE this supplements.