October 25, 2014 | 1536 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Goldfever Iridescent Eyeshadow Quint 589

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by LittleNat

Goldfever is a beautiful Dior palette consisting of five champagne, gold and taupe shades. The top left shade is a perfect, sheer shimmery taupe which I use quite a lot as an everyday wash of colour shadow. The top right shade is a shimmery gold with slightly pink undertones. The bottom right shade is another taupe colour but has perfect plummy undertones to it. The bottom left is another gold/champagne colour with yellow undertones and finally the middle shade which is a white gold shade thats perfect for highlighting. All the shades apply and blend beautifully just as most of Diors shadows/quints do and the staying power is great too.

All in all this is great palette for a pretty and natural everyday look and I would purchase again although I think this was limited edition.

(Click continue for swatch)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy wow. Gorgeous! I'm relatively new to Dior but so far I'm really loving all of the beautiful quints. They're my new addiction. Goldfever was definitely worth tracking down. It's a very polished, chic look. I wear the shades to work and feel very sophisticated. It goes well with a red lip. The shimmer is definitely not OTT. It's just soft and like another reviewer said, "angelic". Shame it was LE, because it's absolutely lovely. But if you can get your paws on it, I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by peachyrose

Goldfever is composed of gorgeous shimmery champagne colors that create a clean, glowy neutral eye. This quint is definitely not for creating a smoky eye as there are no dark contour shades but it's perfect for those days when you want to subtly emphasize your eyes. It's definitely worth the hefty price tag. The texture is soft and silky. Also, the shimmer is downright angelic, not cheap or tacky looking at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

I *LOVE* this....such gorgeous colors. I am a big fan of shimmery champagnes so knew I had to have this when I saw pics. All the colors are glowy and gorgeous in a subtle way which is what I like so much about it.

NC25/brown eyes& hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

Another fabulous 5-shadow palette from Dior. I also bought the other palette from the Summer 2008 collection, Golds, which is much more pigmented, and I love them both! A lot! Goldfever is sheer and shimmery with both cool and warm tones, and is the one I reach for when I want a more subtle look. With these two palettes, I'm all set for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by brookecouture

I just really started to get into Dior with this Summer 2008 collection. Unlike its super pigmented cousin (Golds) Goldfever is pretty sheer. I packed on the darker taupe shades about 5 times and just had a pretty wash of silver. Which is ok for me because I bought this quint specifically to wear with red and other dark lippies. It looks tremendous and definately not over the top. Very classy and pretty. I love to use it with Smolder eye kohl (from MAC) smudged on top and on my lower waterline.
All of the shades work well together and I see myself reaching for this more than previously anticipated. I was at a loss on what shadows to take on vacation, but now I know I can grab my Golds & Goldfever quints and be set for the week. Two thumbs up to Dior for this entire collection!

MAC NC/NW20 for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ditzycubanita824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the quint that started my love affair with Dior!! Its soo gorgeous in the pan as it is on eyes. Gorgeous taupe and champagne shades that would make any mouth water. Heard some complaints about it being sheer, but in my case it applies true to color and makes the prettiest neutral eye. This would be perfect for a office everyday look or for a night out. Blends like butter and lasts all day with UDPP underneath. I would repurchase in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by maret81

Love - at first sight! This is the most gorgeous compact I have seen in years. Yes, some of the e/s are pretty similar..but I don't mind. Shimmery champagne colours, what's not to love :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

Dior's Goldfever LE eyeshadow quint contains cool-toned butter golds, plum-tinged taupe, goldish grey - colors that are surely a recipe for a bruised eye look. And yet, they work together for subtle sophistication. This is not the palette you should buy for a "smokey eye" as the darkest shade isn't dark enough as an e/l, IMO. I wear the butter gold as a highlight, the goldish grey as a contour, and the plummy taupe close to my lashes. Then I wear a jet-black, volumizing Diorshow mascara to balance the softness of the colors. For cheeks, I recommend a neutral cheek (MAC Emote or a cool-toned bronzer) with a dab of milky pink blush, and a sheer pink lip like MAC Ahoy, There!

If you find your eyeshadow looking chalky, try UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion). It made the Dior eyeshadows pop with only a sheer application. Also, when I asked a Dior SA about Goldfever, she looked at my C3 skintone and said, "I don't think the khaki and warm golds will work for you." She was talking about Golds quint. Please do not confuse the two!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok. I was lemming this like crazy, finally cracked and bought it. And oh my gosh am I disappointed....

Quite honestly, my advice to anyone wanting to get this quint is don't bother, LOL. The shades are *incredibly* sheer and completely dupe-able - in fact I'm sure you already have them. Pigment is lacking completely - at least 2 of the shades are so similar when on (because they're so sheer) it may as well be marketed as a quad rather than a quint.

Yes, the texture is nice and soft and they blend well, and it's a very pretty and *subtle* champagne look, but seriously. NO pigment. Even the two darker shades are so sheer you just get a hint of another colour, no actual definition is achievable. Today I have a nice, glowy EOTD but it's absolutely not worth the . The only shade that's really interesting/unique is the plum-ish taupe, but IMO it's not worth getting a HE quint for 1 shade, especially when it's so sheer it's hardly detectable anyway. For reference, I used 4 of the 5 shades and it looks like a single colour wash. Check out Temptalia's blog and pics too - yes it's very pretty and glowy, but it's also incredibly subtle and you genuinely can't tell if she used 1 shade or all 5. I wish I'd paid more attention to Temptalia's picture!!

I concede that used wet you may get more depth/pigment out of the shades, but to be honest when you're paying high end prices, I expect better payoff without having to mess about. Do not expect to get the deeper colours to show up on your eyes as they appear in the pan without significant help. And don't expect the 3 champagnes to appear as different shades on your eyes.

And I did use it over both TFSI and Becca Eye Tint in an attempt to get the shades to show up better, but neither really made any difference IMO.

I am extremely disappinted in this quint - compared to Sky Glow or Earth Reflection the shades are invisible. However - if you're looking for a product to use purely for highlighting then this may be it. Unfortunately, I was looking for something more than that. We can't usually return makeup here (UK) but this is going back, however much of a tantrum I have to pull!!

Hope this helps someone...

PS I added my pic, see the 3 champagne colours? Similar in the pan, identical on the skin. More's the pity.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No