mark For Goodness Face Spf.30

3.6

active ingredients: homosalate - 8.0% octinoxate - 7.5% octisalate - 5.0% oxybenzone - 5.0% avobenzone - 3.0% water/eau butylene glycol glycerin peg-8 dimethicone nylon-12 citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract fumaria officinalis flower/leaf/stem extract epilobium angustifolium flower/leaf/stem extract vanilla planifolia fruit extract theobroma cacao (cocoa) extract vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit extract rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract rubus fruticosus (blackberry) fruit extract vitis vinifera (grape) fruit extract tromethamine silica trimethylsiloxysilicate glyceryl stearate hydrogenated lecithin carbomer polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer squalane dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer caprylic/capric triglyceride fumaric acid citric acid disodium edta benzyl alcohol cetyl alcohol polysorbate 60 methylparaben propylparaben

on 3/24/2013 7:06:00 PM

I love that this has SPF and doesn't make me break out the way almost every other moisturizer does. It doesn't exactly sink into your skin so you have to wait a bit before putting on make-up, and it kind of smells like sunscreen, but neither are huge enough issues to not buy it again.

I don't feel like it's evened out my skin tone or made it glow or improved it in any measurable way, but it moisturizes very well and hasn't done anything bad such as clog my pores or left me feeling like an oil slick, which is the most positive/important aspect for me.

I agree with another reviewer that the packaging is a bit gimmicky, plus I'm not sure it's the most hygienic, but it's better than a regular jar.

In the end, I'd buy this again but only if I can't find something more impressive.

on 5/27/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this off and on for a few weeks now (I usually use olive oil as a moisturizer) and I must say, I'm pretty impressed. I have dry skin that is prone to breaking out and this leaves my skin perfectly moisturized while providing a great make up base and hasn't caused any acne (yet...)

I also like how even though it has an spf 30, that it doesn't leave a grey cast onto my skin like some moisturizers (I'm an NC20). I suppose that is because it doesnt have titanium dioxide, but I'm fine with that. If I were spending a day at the beach, I'd use a suncreen specifically for that purpose; as a sunscreen, not a moisturizer with a sunblock in it.

Can't say I dig the slight pepto-bismul scent, but the scent fades shortly. I also like the unique press down cap to keep germs/bacteria out of the bottle. I feel its a little over priced though, 50mls for $20 CAN. I'm an Avon/Mark rep who only signed up for the personal discounts, so I save a whopping 10% off.

I would repurchase again as long as my skin continues to remain clear while using this.

on 4/1/2012 8:50:00 PM

I decided to give this a try after reading on beautypedia it was rated as excellent, also listed under best anti aging/anti wrinkle skin care, has lots of antioxidants, good sunscreen and also contains a cell communicating ingredient. I found my skin felt good and looked healthy and my t zone didn't get shiny at all.

on 2/29/2012 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this for a while. My girlfriend even started using this too. I was happy with the SPF. It did make my already oily skin more oily during my day. I thought the packaging is too much plastic but I do like the measured out dispenser. The one thing that I dislike was how bad it stung my eye. Even when I'd try to keep it away from my eyes it still some how gets there and burns like hell.

on 5/20/2011 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I know this line is marketed to specific younger gals, but if you have oily to normal skin prone to breakouts-love antioxidants, yet have a lovehate relationship with spf...give this guy a chance age aside. This is just packed with interesting antioxidants, blueberry cocoa (no real smell but the spf scent is faintly detectable. Spf 30 is a win. I'm not very patient and this needs about 15 minutes between makeup application, it starts to feel more matte after that. Wear was excellent, I did not suffer exasperated oiliness. It did not burn my eyes (or skin) and they are sensitive. It does feel thicker going on but it carries around to the neck and applies to hands if you have extra. For a facial Spf I think the product is lovely and I would be willing to pay this as it easily compares to Olay Regenerist pricing. The packagaing protects the photosensitive ingredients, but its a bit gimicky. I didn't go in wanting or expecting moisture from this product, sun protection was the goal. Win.

I put "No" I wouldn't buy this product again only because this moisturizer is a bit pricey for me ($16) and has little product in it (1.7oz). I have no problems with the packaging, I thought it was pretty cute and unique. This product is not bad for my skin, it's non-greasy and gives me the sun protection I want but....I can get a cheaper one with almost the same effects in it and that is the ............Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion with spf30 in it! Not only is it cheaper ($10 difference!) but has more product in it! (4oz!)

So...sorry For Goodness Face! I really want to love you, I really do! But you're eating up my money! D:

on 4/4/2011 7:34:00 PM

I have been using this for about a week now and really like it, i have combination skin that is acne prone and this hasn't made me more oily or break out. I love that it has spf 30 also, that was a big thing for me as i try to wear sunscreen everyday and have heard that with acne and oily prone skin the less products you use the better. The only drawback would be the packaging since i cant tell when im close to running out. Definantly buying again and would reccommend.

on 3/2/2011 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was really hesitant to try this moisturizer out, mostly b/c I've tried their See Things Clearly Brightening Moisturizer and was less than thrilled. This one was also unfortunately, a "meh" for me. PROS: The pump mechanism [breaking] that was such a minus in the STCBM has been improved and there are no problems, jar affords sanitary dispensing. CONS: So, so greasy, whitening effect that takes extra care to blend away (NC35+ ladies should steer clear), bulky jar, strong sunscreen scent (though that doesn't personally bother me too much). As the active ingredient is avobenzone, it will sting sensitive skin (or, in my case, regular skin at certain times of the month). I'll figure out a way to use it up and then just stay away from mark skincare from then on.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and was really hoping I would like this. I have liked another one of the moisturizers from mark. But I found this one to be quite horrible. It is rather thick, I am assuming because of the sunscreen. This did not sink in very well and I felt like my skin was really oily. I was really disappointed that this made my skin break out horribly. I already have really severe acne, but this seemed to make me flare. My skin turned bright red and I had many erupting breakouts. Not a worthwhile moisturizer if you have acne.

on 10/18/2010 2:56:00 PM

I use this everyday and it doesn't break me out. I have very sensitive skin as well as being very oily. The packaging is awesome!