August 20, 2014 | 1498 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - crease shadow brush (synthetic crease brush)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by MACalleycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

#205 Core Tools Duo Fibre Crease Brush:

This brush is round with an angled tip. Regardless of how carefully I swipe the brush through my eye shadow it picks up too much shadow. This leaves a mess of my compact and a mess of the brush. I've used similarly shaped brushes before, but the bristles of this just flip out leaving a poof of shadow on my cheek bone and under-eye socket. Also, the brush is slightly too large to deposit the color precisely to the crease. It's not a matter of technique, since I don't experience this with any other brush.

Save up for a nicer brush and pass up this "deal" Hate it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by phreshrox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a couple of these crease brushes, they're decent drugstore brand brushes, not too bad on the wallet, and they do their job well.

The crease brush is soft, but also firm enough to do it's job. I find that it blends pretty well, like the large crease brush she has too. I have both the large and small crease brushes, and they both deliver the same. They pick up product pretty well too. It's a good deal if you're looking to save a few bucks definitely. Packaging is easy! Nothing special there. I'm not picky about my packaging, so if you're one of those, well, don't expect too much from this. It's far from fancy.

I would buy it again if I needed to. Always good to have a few crease brushes laying around, and since this is decent in price, it's a good steal. It blends well, doesn't shed on me too bad, and I find that it works just as good as my Mac brushes. Go Target!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MaggieN

I just bought this brush, since I don't have anything similar to it. It's great for applying powder or eyeshadow on your crease and under your eyes. The brush is very dense, yet very soft, it doesn't scratch or hurt my skin around the eyes at all. This seem like pretty good quality for a $10 brush. I don't want to go and buy an expensive brush such as Mac, since I don't wear eyeshadows every single days, so I opted for a cheaper one. Since buying this brush, I'm excited to experiment more with my eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is a lot nicer than the crease brush with the white handle. This brush picks up a lot of pigment, could be used above lid and outer corners of the eyes. It's versatile enough to use creme eyeshadows too. Doesn't shed and easy to clean. I would buy again and recommend this brush for anyone on a budget for high quality makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by amhalal

I've been looking for the perfect crease brush and this is it. It's medium sized, soft but firm bristles with a rounded, angled head for good control and color deposit. The price and quality is great, like all other SK brushes I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by fairlane

I have used this brush for a while now and am so so thrilled with it. Some references: it's longer and more plush than the Nars #14, also slightly longer bristles and fuller than the Smashbox #15. I have long been a devotee of the Trish McEvoy #11 for crease, but this brush is a close 2nd. It applies the color more densely, which is good if you're using a lighter or less pigmented crease color. It's not fluffly, which I dislike in a crease brush and is versatile (i.e. - can be used as a smudger in a pinch). For the price, it's great. Doesn't shed and has held up to many washings. It's $9.99 at Target and is a worthwhile purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by shesparkles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not the flat crease brush others have reviewed, so I created a new listing. It's on Target.com as "synthetic crease brush" but the packaging reads "crease shadow brush." It is from the SK line with the black handles and the head of the brush is a sort of domed cylinder, with two-toned soft synthetic bristles.

This brush was an impulse buy and I am so thrilled with it. It is the perfect shape and size to give me a softly defined crease--and the rounded shape shades out the edges of the crease color naturally; I hardly need to blend afterward. Get it!

Pic: