April 21, 2014 | 1387 users online

Moisturizers - Elizabeth Arden - Intervene Pause & Effect Moisture Lotion SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I specifically told the SA at the EA counter that I didn't want anything with harsh anti-ageing ingredients in it as my skin is too young for that and sensitive. She assured me I wouldn't have that problem with thsi product, well, she was wrong!!

As soon as I put this on my skin started to go slightly red, then it starts tingling in a burning kind of way, then I got light bumps all over my skin, especially cheeks, forehead and nose.
The next day my skin was really red and the bumps were still there. It's been a week now and the redness has calmed down but I think it will still take a day or two for the bumps to go down.
The product is heavily perfumed as well, the smell is quite nice but should be in a perfume not a moisturiser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

I tried the cream for drier skin, which mine can be especially going into winter. However, I wasn't impressed when my skin became quite red and I had some whiteheads, made my blackheads more obvious too. My skin just looked irritated! It sucks because the night cream is actually really good. Not sure why the day cream makes my skin go crazy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by rulaalsamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have combination to sensitive skin and this product has burn my skin :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

This stuff is really nice. Great creamy texture without being greasy. Makes my skin really soft and smooth- great to put on right after washing face. Also makes pores a bit less visible.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

horrible. guess i fell for the anti aging scheme, once again. i bought the cream revision and it didn't do anything for my skin. i'm 18, so i wasn't looking for anything anti aging, just heavy duty moisture as my skin is quite dry, but very acne prone! the SA recommended this to me, praising this product and i was instantly sold...sadly the only person who seemed to like this product that day was her. as soon as i put this product on, my face tingled and stung(because of the anti- aging ingredients in it) not only this, but the cream just seemed to sit ontop of my skin (didn't use more than a pea sized amount) aswell as not providing enough moisture. ended up giving up on this product and gave it to my mum. don't fall for the anti aging cream hype. if you really want to combat 'aging' buy a quality high spf sunscreen, a rich moisturizer and if you're really desperate, get botox/surgery.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I do not like this product at all The fragrance is too much and it did nothing great for my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by shgale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I have dry skin but am prone to monthly breakouts but I find that the texture is perfect for my skin- deeply moisturising yet not greasy or oily. A little goes a really long way and I find it really gives my skin a healthy glow and I haven't had any breakouts since using it (a year ago). I ran out and switched to a different facial moisturiser and my skin is paying the price- Spotty and dry. It also is great under make up. I couldn't live without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 6:25:00 AM More reviews by lauralh1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's interesting to read that others have said this is a matifying product. I actually have found it to be too greasy on my skin. The texture is ok but a bit too thick. I prefer lighter moisturisers. It hasn't had any anti-aging effects on my face, it just makes it greasy, and red & blotchy in some places too. It is also quite expensive.

On the plus side, the packaging is very good with a pump dispenser. I think this product would suit people with slightly dry skins.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by star7395

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture of this moisturizer on my skin is smooth and this lotion is good for combination-oily skin because it mattifies. The spf 15 is a plus. But the only thing i hesitated about was the price, retail $55. I actually thought Intervene Pause and Effect Moistuire Lotion SPF 15 was just another version of The Visible Difference Advanced Anti Oxidant Lotion SPF 15, which they discountinued but was much cheaper and has a lemony scent. Maybe it costs so much because it has biodormin, but whatever the case i would definitely buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by tammythain

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It absorbed quickly and did not feel oily at all. Scent was nice. I think it is more for oily skin than dry because of the feel.
I have a trial sample and this is my first day. Will keep you posted.