July 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Liquid - Alexandra deMarkoff - Countess Isserlyn Liquid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bearsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried a variety of foundations through the years, and Countess Isserlyn is one of the best. My skin always looks flawless and glowing, which isn't easy at my age. Yes, a little goes a long way, and yes, you have to smooth it out to make sure it doesn't look mask-like, but it's worth the effort. I've found it seems to go on best with a makeup brush and a light hand.

Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found a most wonderful and unique way to use this product. I stirred well, put a dry sponge in a tight compact, and poured just enough to dampen the entire makeup sponge-- I use a SPF tinted moisturizer first (there is no SPF in the Countess Isserlyn), then I just dab my fingers on the sponge a couple of times and put it where I need it--mainly around my nose and chin. Beautiful and very convenient!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nellie1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite make up is DHC liquid but this is a close 2nd. However this is very expensive and oily. But is covers wonderfully. You must blot your face afterward or you'll get make up everywhere. However if you use powder, that might be the answer, I just don't like powder of any kind on my face. Lovely colors. This is best for a night out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sheilaedee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You do not have an age category for Old Crows, but I have been in love with this product for 40 years. I do not deserve even the face I have after decades of smoking, crazy diet and sun abuse. Two chemical peels and an occasional injectable helped, but this make-up is responsible for my skin looking the best it can at age 77.

Putting the tightly capped container in a basin of warm water helps it smooth on evenly. I smooth on a light covering for at-home, or dip the stick to the bottom of the bottle for prime time. Using clean fingers and a magnifying mirror guarantee getting it right.

My selection of CI liquid make-up shades has evolved over the years, to compensate for aging. When prescribed dermatological concoctions, to "nourish" my mature face, I had trouble with the ever-popular mineral make up blotching and clumping . ( BE Mineral cosmetics are effective and effortless, but the color has little depth on very dry skin.)

I can play around with the application of CI while reaping the results of TNS and gloppy moisurizers..

E Bay is my vendor.. when the price and timing are right. However, a bottle lasts a long time. With the economy (which does change color and texture...and smells bad ) so fluid, pricing and shipping costs may come down.

I have heard that major department stores steered away from Alexandra de Markoff because its management was unstable and deliveries undependable. More's the pity.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS STUFF. AS I GET OLDER I NEED THE NATURL look.BOTH FORMULAS. ONE FOR SUMMER--MATT. AND THEN THE MOISTURIZING ONE FOR WINTER. LOOKS SO NATURAL!!! I CAN ADJUST THE COVERAGE BY HOW MUCH PIGMENT I PICK UP FROM THE BOTTOM WITH A TOOL.( I USE A CROCETT NEEDLE.) AND HOW MUCH I SHAKE IT.
I RECOGNIZED THAT SEVERAL BRANDS COPIED THIS TRIED AND TRUE FORMULA. JOEY OF NEW YORK---ALMAY LASTING. THEN JEROME ALEXANDER DID ONE ALSO. I HOPE THEY NEVER STOP MAKING THIS SORT OF FORMULA. IT TRULY COVERS AND LOOKS NATURAL ONCE IT SETS INTO THE SKIN. I NEED TWO DIFFERANT COLORS. ONE FOR WINTER AND ONE FOR SUMMER. TRULY A ADJUSTABLE FOUNDATION DEPENDING ON YOUR MOOD. YOU CAN EVEN GET PIGMENT FROM THE BOTTOM AND BARELY ANY OF THE SILICONE/OIL AS YOU PULL IT UP.
I DEDUCTED FOR COST, BUT IT DOES LAST LONG.
IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO SWAP YOUR OUT...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lr99999

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You get sick of stirring it. I wanted to give this a really good blending, so I put the bottle in a ziplock bag and shoved it inside the whipping attachment of my Kitchenaid mixer, turned on low. I turned it off and rotated the bag a few times. The pigment mixed completely.

Hey--and they say only MAN knows how to use tools.

As for the makeup, I don't wear it every day, but I like the stuff.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Moyra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Despite my habitual cosmetics impulsivity,I thought about this for a while, because of the reviews here and because its unavailable in my area, so I had to take a wild guess at the colors. Excuse me, but what up with the 80 and a half, 90 and a half type color rating? If it weren't for Makeupalley and some assiduous research, I would have been clueless.
Not that I wasn't, mind you. I bought 80 and a half, 90 and a half and the all white one. On Ebay. For about 18 bucks each, thank goodness.
Because they SUCK - the moisture right out of my face, that is. Both the colors work - I am neutral to warm toned (sorta/kinda between Mac NC15/NW15), and the white, well, its a decent brightener underneath other makeup.
I really wonder about the mineral oil thing and moisture, all I can say is that by the end of the day, my skin is flakey, nasty and full of little lines I didn't have before I applied this, regardless of the megaliters of moisturizer I apply underneath, primers and so forth.A bout the only good thing is that this stuff didn't provoke an allergic reaction, which almost every conventional foundation does.
Yes, it covers, yes, it only takes very little so the little bottles should last forever. But they turn me into crepey wrinkle monster when in reality I have hardly any of the aforementioned skin booboos.
I do like the white in tiny amounts as a brightener mixed with moisturizer under other foundations (that hopefully, contribute moisture too) but warning - its really easy to turn into Uber Goth Woman if you apply too much.
Honestly? Pretty awful stuff, all around, and definitely NOT worth the price of admission or the decades of hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by vibgyor

After reading the reviews of this product I have to defend it. Yes it does require mixing to blend the pigment, but by placing your cap on securely you can simply rotate the bottle during storage without fear of it leaking and speed up your application. The neck has a small opening which is perfect for its very fluid texture. This foundation has a super thin silky feel but can still provide very good coverage which is buildable. Its best suited for dry to very dry skin types or combo skins that prefer the J-LO GLOW. Many of the problems mentioned in the reviews seem to be coming from poor color selection and that is in no way the foundations fault but rather the person selecting. It does have fragrance which is old school in a good way but thats subjective. If you have dry skin this is worth a look

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Myrtille

Wore this one in 92 1/2 for a year...was PERFECT, covered EVERY zit. Went back to it two years later...was a disaster. Too heavy, too beigey. I don't recommend except for getting pictures taken. It's just too heavy for daily use, especially for a natural girl like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by gorie_69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have experimented with makeup for years, and I have never found a better one than this. I have very dry skin and this makeup makes me look like I'm literally glowing. I get so many compliments on my skin now! Highly recommend for someone with dry skin. If you have oily skin though, I would use very sparingly if at all. Very oily makeup, but I love this since my skin is so very dry. Worth every penny! I would spend $100 or more on this, especially since it lasts forever. I only wish it were easier to find, but if you need a place to get it, go to canyoncosmetics.com and call them. They will send you free samples and are very helpful. If you want to feel beautiful, get this makeup!