August 1, 2014 | 1794 users online

Makeup Brushes - Alima - Large Shadow Brush 39

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've owned this brush for at least a year and for the longest time, I didn't quite know what to do with it. I don't think it picks up product (loose or pressed powder) very well. It's good to apply a sheer wash of colour all over the lid, but it's difficult to build up intensity with it (which I need because I have visible red/blue veins on the lids, no matter how much concealer I use). I prefer to use brushes with shorter bristles for all-over-lid application, such as the Eco Tools one, for instance.
However, I have recently discovered that it's a wonderful blending brush! I've never used Alima's blending brush (or any other for that matter), so I can't compare, but this large shadow brush does a very nice job. After I apply colours to my crease and/or along the lash line with a crease and/or angle brush, I blend with the #39 to soften the edges (depending on whatever look I'm going for). I don't consider I have particularly large or small eyes and I think the size of the brush is just right. The bristles are soft and I haven't noticed any shedding so far. I recommend it, although you might want to go for a "real" blending brush if this is the only thing you're going to use it for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Perfect brush for applying lid color and/or a general color wash, and I also use it slightly damp to apply mineral eye shadows. I've used this nearly every day since December 2007 and it's just like new! A fabulous price and a great investment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ItsThatGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush to use with eye shadows both loose and pressed. But after reading the suggestion for #39 on Alima's website, I decided to try it for applying my undereye concealer. Now I have to buy another one for my eyeshadow! I love this so much as an undereye concealer brush - I use Alima's foundation and concealer - and it works so well under my eyes. The concealer goes on so nice and the brush is so soft, applies to my skin with no irritation at all and it covers great. I highly recommend this brush for both eye shadow and mineral concealer application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

This is from Alima's new line of synthetic brushes that I cannot rave enough about. I bought them all when they first came out and I have to say I love every single one.

This brush retails for $14 and is an HG brush for me! I use every single day for light colors as a wash or my base color. It is thick and picks up the perfect amount of eyeshadow, blending it nicely from browbone to eyelid. It is slightly domed with long soft bristles. I also use this sometimes to add a slightly darker color on my lid. Definitely a must-have eyeshadow brush!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No