September 1, 2014 | 1988 users online

Makeup Brushes - Alima - Eye Detail Brush 35

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the first of this brush as a gift with one of my Alima e/s orders. At first, I didn't know what to do with this brush. The bristles are synthetic, short, dense and slightly firm (but not harsh or scratchy.) I played around with it and discovered that it has many uses. ;)

Use it as a crease brush. Use it to apply a brightener (or highlighter) to the inner eye (near the tear duct) or under the brow bone. Use it as a liner brush when you want to apply a smudged powder line. Use it to apply a darker shade to the outer corner of your lower lid.....

I now own several!!! ;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this brush and wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it. It seems really tiny compared to most of the brushes I was used to using... but I have found some perfect ways to use it. First, when I wear a wider liner, like a pretty color instead of black or brown, this is a great brush to use for that. It is also good for smudging liner that I put on with the brow/liner brush. It is stiff enough to control where you're going with the smudge, but soft enough to diffuse the color nicely. I also like this for my brow highlighter when I want the highlight to be tight on the brow. One sweep with this cute little brush and exactly the right width has been applied. Get this versatile little brush! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

This is from Alima's new line of synthetic brushes that I cannot rave enough about. I bought them all when they first came out and I have to say I love every single one.

This brush retails for $12, and is a good brush but not a necessity IMO. I use this occasionally when I do a darker color on the outer V, but I don't reach for this everyday. It is flat and thin, making it perfect for precise details, and it picks up a perfect amount of eyeshadow. I use this mostly with darker colors to add in smaller places, like the outer V or right above my lashline.

Overall, a great brush but not a must-have.