April 19, 2014 | 1072 users online

Makeup Brushes - Alima - Fine Liner/Concealer Brush 31

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

This has been my daily gel/cream liner brush for over a year, and it couldn't be better. I like to make dashes in a back & forth motion then blend it out, and this makes application fool-proof (if I'm going for a dramatic wedge-shape I'll use a small slanted brush). It washes and dries perfectly. I couldn't be happier with this or any of my Alima brushes, and I highly recommend them all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this during a little brush-buying spree, and wasn't sure exactly what I would be getting. I tried it as a liner for tightlining and it was okay, but it's not very wide and I use mineral shadow to line and it just didn't hold enough of that. It worked well enough but the brow/liner brush is more efficient. Then I tried it as a concealer brush and again... just a little too small. I pretty much just conceal dark circles under my eyes and this brush took me 4x as long to cover them as my larger concealer brush does.

What I ended up using it for is a lip brush. I had been having trouble finding a nice synthetic eco-friendly lip brush and I noticed that the shape of the bristles closely resembled the last lip brush I had. I tried it, and it's great. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

This is from Alima's new line of synthetic brushes that I cannot rave enough about. I bought them all when they first came out and I have to say I love every single one.

This brush retails for $12 and is ok for gel liner, but I honestly prefer the Angle Liner #33 for liner. This one works in a pinch, when I haven't had time to wash the Angle Liner, but I don't reach for this one as often. It is very small and easy to use. I have not tried this for concealer, as I use my fingers.

I like having this brush around, but its not a must-have in my opinion.