Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn Skin Care Bar with Sandalwood

3.8

Not tested on animals

Palm Oil, Coconut Fatty Acids, Peanut Oil, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

on 3/14/2009 12:10:00 PM

This is a very nice bar soap. It lathers well, cleans my skin and leaves it naturally & lightly fragranced, without synthetics. I really love the warm, earthy scent. Very light & natural on my skin & does not cause headaches like some synthetic scents. One bar lasts me a little over a week with daily use (it's similar in size, shape & color to a bar of dial). No artificial colors or fragrances. I didn't buy mine for any special skin conditions or anything like that, just to use in the shower and it's been fine. It doesn't seem to dry out my skin, and I use a couple of drops of jojoba oil on my damp skin afterwards and that seems to do the trick. It comes in plain paper packaging, which I recycle. I've been trying to do the switch over to bar soaps from body washes since less packaging has less impact on the environment, and I'm pleased with this one so far. One bar cost me a little over $4 at Vitacost.

Ingredients: Palm Oil, Coconut Fatty Acids, Peanut Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Shea Butter, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

on 6/8/2008 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This orange yellow bar soap is nice. I bought it to help fight acne/KP/demodex on my back and arms. I use it in conjunction with anti-mite lotions and creams, so I don't know how much the bar soap alone contributed to the major improvement to my skin (back breakouts healing and almost no KP left), but I really like it for my whole body and my husband likes the sandalwood fragrance.

Blue Sage Naturals soap may have better/more Sea Buckthorn, but it is more expensive and doesn't smell nearly as nice as Aubrey's.

The soap does leave a film, but overall it is a great value compared to body washes, especially sea buckthorn body washes and soaps. When this bar was sold out, I ordered Blue Sage Naturals' ultra moisturizing bar instead, and it was $30 (compared to about $5 for the Aubrey bar).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to see if it would help with acne, itching, and Demodex. All it did was dry out and irritate my skin. I won't buy again...it doesn't work, and is expensive.

Why is it that all the "natural" soaps I've tried are drying??? Aren't vegetable oil based soaps supposed to be gentler on the skin?

Going back to Dove!

on 4/27/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great moisturizing soap. Doesn't leave my skin dry or tight nor does it cause breakouts. Smells wonderful like sandalwood, hence the title, and a bit like roses. Simple small list of ingredients is great and price is under $5. Great item and will buy again when I run out.

Popular Gels/Soaps