October 21, 2014 | 2037 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Peut-Etre Eau De Parfum

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by lukula

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a very pleasantly smelling perfume, soft and floral. The only thing I do not like is the fact that it doesn't last at all on me. I could barely smell it on me after about 20 minutes, and then it totally evaporates. Too bad. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though I'm relying on fragrance memory, to my nose this is very similar to La Perla's little known fragrance, Charme. I agree with all of the reviews below. I'm another musk loather who immediately succumbed and bought a bottle of PE at first sniff (as I did with Charme.) Peut Etre is a perfect balance of floral, powder, amber and musk notes. It's soft, feminine, easy to wear. It's suitable for all seasons and all occasions. Men absolutely LOVE this--from Harvard grad lawyers to the guy at the car wash...

If you love Chanel Eau Premiere, give PE a try. The same sensibility is at work. Both are updated classics; light, linear florals that go easy on the aldehydes. Those who love Malle's Iris Poudre might also appreciate Peut Etre.

UPDATE--OHH NOOOOO!!!! I didn't realize when I purchased this that it was a limited addition. Why do fragrance companies torture us with LE's? Does Lancome think that I will buy Poeme because they stopped making the one I love most of all? Fragrance LE's make no sense at all.

I have one unopened bottle left. Then what, Lancome?

Update: I.scored two more bottles of this wonderful fragrance a couple of years ago. Yesterday, a man stopped me in the gas station and asked what fragrance I was wearing. He said, " I don't even like perfume, but that smells so good! " Grrrr. Why , oh WHY did they stop making this,???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by MizLiz211

This has been a great spring of new discoveries for me! Lancome Peut-Etre is the latest one. I have no idea how much this fragrance resembles the 1937 original, but I do enjoy this version immensely. In the opening, it reminds me of Tresor, mercifully lacking Tresor's spun-sugar cloud, but with its apricot-colored rose. Peut-Etre becomes less sweet in the drydown, where a powdery, aldehydic iris becomes more prominent. I am somewhat reminded of Iris Poudre. It is elegant, nostalgic, and lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Angela1013

A musky floral, soft and delicate yet potent. Lasts all night. I like this perfume. Gets compliments!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The latest addition to the La Collection group of re-releases, Peut-Etre is the musk for people who hate musk scents. That's me. I found this scent at Saks, which has an exclusive distribution on it at least for now. I went to the store with "bare" wrists just in case there was a tester, and when I saw it, I sprayed, I swooned, and I bought! These special editions from Lancome are 1.7 Eaux Des Parfums, and the price is $125 USD. Now for the scent itself. Peut-Etre has no irritating crisp can't-wait-til-that's-gone top notes, it immediately presents itself as a round blend of sweet florals and the musk is evident right from the top. Don't think of heavy, sweaty musks -- there is absolutely nothing heavy or overpowering at all to be found in Peut-Etre. The musk reminds me of Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely, which is the only other musk-based scent that I've ever liked. This is that type of soft, light musk. I am getting a hint of sweet floral like an orange-blossom and there is also a lemony-rose and iris in the blend. It's not a lemon scent at all. Just a freshness. It's not complex or confusing, it's feminine and romantic and the lasting power is amazing on me. The iris is just an accent note, it does not seem like any of the iris-based (Prada or I Profumi Di Firenze) types. I'm not fond of iris in general, but in Peut-Etre, it just seems to balance out the florals and add a touch of fruitiness, almost like a plum note. I'm not yet a musk convert, but I've been wearing this just about non-stop since I bought it, and I'm definitely repurchasing. I hope that Lancome keeps this one around for a long time. I think it could be worn year-around, but right now it just seems right for warm Spring days.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No