September 16, 2014 | 1892 users online

Liquid - Lise Watier - Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisturizing Foundation SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by micahea

I looked high and low for a foundation and finally settled on this. I am very pale but have not had trouble colour matching in the past and the very palest colour - porcelain is still darkish orange on me. Seriously, oompa loompa orange. Pale girls you will be shaded out of this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by CdnSusen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's winter in the Foothills of Alberta - windy, -30 Celcius - the kind of weather that sucks every last water molecule out of your skin. So, my skin being extremely dry, I went to search for a moisturizing foundation. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try the Lise Watier.

Well, it's NOT moisturizing - at all. It doesn't blend well or easily. I have to put it on one small area, blend, apply to the next small area, blend, etc - otherwise it dries so quickly, blending becomes impossible. And, even after mixing it with MAC Strobe Cream before applying, it's still dry and difficult to blend. And, every dry patch shows as if spotlighted. I also find it creeps into fine lines and wrinkles.

On the plus side, it does come in a nice glass bottle with a pump (hygenic) and isn't too pricey (mid-range). Also, it does give good coverage.

I won't be repurchasing and won't be recommending it to my friends.
I will be returning it. That being said, maybe it's a great foundation for ladies with more oily skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by tsef

My HG foundation. It has a very natural, glowy finish. It gives medium coverage. Still has to use concealers for blemishes and scars. It is very moisturizing for the skin. I do notice my skin appears to be very smooth after application (perhaps this is the anti-wrinkle firming effect). I still use sunblock SPF 45-50 undearneath this foundation as it only has SPF 20. The price is very reasonable ($35) from Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Jcoull

I love this foundation!! I am younger and still am dealing with the horrible scarring of acne. since acne scars are basically dents in the skin.. like a wrinkle is a line in the skin i thought it could help to smooth it out.. and it did!! It seemes to fill in the areas from the scarring and gives me a flawless complexing!! I am very loyal to this foundation now! It is expensive so i use it more when going out or going to work.. and use something a little cheaper for just casual days. ooo and its a pump!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

They were selling this on the Shopping Channel for $30 plus a bonus eye-primer (in a click pen). There are 3 colour choices, light, medium & dark. I picked medium, which stated on the bottle as Neutre (although I am sure in the Dept. store counter, there are more colour selections).
For my NC 30 yellow-beige skin, a light application on top of a silicone primer, the fdn gives a whitish (ashy) cast, meaning there is too much beige & not enough yellow.
Out of the 30 ingredients, the 8th ingredient is hydrolyzed protein which gives a temporary tightening to the skin & the 10th ingredient is palm kernel oil for the moisturization.
The finish is satiny matte, no shimmer, no oily shiny look, no powder required, which is great for a moisturizing fdn, plus the spf 20.
It may work great for those whose skin colour matches with Neutre shade, as for me, a mismatching shade is worse than wearing nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Lena1220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading all the reviews on this foundation, I took the plunge and bought it. I've waited a good 2 weeks to give my own review since I seem to always like something at the beginning and then change my mind after.

Well, I'm still in love! I apply it with the LW fondation brush and the coverage is great and easily buildable without being cakey. It feels very light and my skin looks fabulous!

It is a bit pricey but not horrible and completely worth is as far as I'm concerned. I love that it has a pump which avoids contamination.

So far, I'm tentatively calling this my HG foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by stellatrout

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent foundation. Lovely finish. Non-irritating to my sensitive skin. Easy to find in Canada. Sits and stays on my combination oily/dehydrated skin without caking or settling into the large pores on my nose. The reviewer below (AliceF) has basically covered all my thoughts on this fantastic product including identical colour issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sugarblonde

This packaging of this foundation is great - tall and easy to hold, and the pump dispenses product carefully. Coverage is at a good level, and the colour I purchased, neutre, is a perfect neutral beige - no pink, and not too yellow for my skin.

The finish has a moistured, healthy, glowing look and a cooling, firming feel. 20 SPF is a plus.

I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After a long, exhaustive search I have finally found my Holy Grail Foundation! But where, oh where to begin? The basics I suppose...

Lise Waiter's Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisturizing SPF 20 (francais, Teint Lift Anti-Rides frs 20 SPF) is $35 Cdn at Shopper's Drug Mart, perhaps slightly more at department stores. It contains Liftiline, proven to lift and tense with a guaranteed effect one hour after application. It's a wheat protein that immediately improves elasticity and smooths skin. It also contains Toniskin(tm), which is extracted and purified from yeast. Toniskin reinforces the skins' dermal and epidermal junction by stimulating the synthesis of anchoring molecules such as collagens and intergins. Toniskins thus reduces wrinkles, smooths and redesigns facial contours.

It is Fragrance Free, has UVA/UVB protection and offers proven results in seven days* (*From the Lise Watier website)
"Complexion is more radiant: 96%* Skin is firmer: 88%* Appearance of wrinkles reduced: 84%* Results obtained with a group of 50 women (self-evaluation) over a period of 28 days. *Percentage of women in agreement."

Back to me. But what does it look like on you ask? Gorgeous I tell you! It's a fuller coverage foundation, but not quite "full coverage". It is buildable and one pump from it's beautifully designed, tall bottle is enough to do almost a complete face. I like that it is not quite enough, so there is no waste. You will need two small pumps to do a complete face, one large pump for targeted application ie. T-zone. It immediate evens out my complexion and I can take it up under my eyes because of the wonderfully moisturizing formula. A little extra dab here and there perfectly covers my broken blood vessels and stray pimples that have cropped up due to a new, mismatched cleanser. Concealer (I use Mac Moisturecover) blends on top easily, with no caking! I would not have had to use it, because this foundation offers so much coverage, but I did for the sake of this review. My powder blush also looks better than it ever had, thanks to this foundation. Before it looked too powdery and sat on top, but now it looks more like the natural flush, or pretty pop that I intend on and seems to become part of my face the way cream blushes do.

The finish is a cross between matte and dewy, which to me makes it very natural. I wear a fairly heavy moisturizer underneath. I have combination to dry skin, without any flakes or tightness and this is extremely comfortable. It stays put all day and all night and I don't ever need to touch up. I don't use powder anywhere except my nose and only then do I use Blot Powder. There is no settling into lines of any kind I am very pleased to report! All in all, for coverage and finish, I give it a 5/5.

I use Red Earth Secret Potion, which is a runny liquid highlighter, that I consider the liquid of the gods and it works splendidly with this foundation, much better than it did with my last brand. I dot on a couple drops and blend after foundation application and it gives a touch of luminosity. I think this will take just about anything I throw at it.

I bought the shade Beige Nu, which IMHO is the Lise Watier equivalent of Mac NC 20, perhaps a little more on the beige side. It's very natural on me and doesn't look like I am wearing foundation at all. It just looks like I have flawless skin. Their lightest shade is Porcelain, and while I can get away with Mac NC 15, I could not get away with this one. Those who find NC/NW 15 too dark may want to take a look at Porcelain. Fortunately, it's also quite neutral, which these days it difficult to find, so it should work for both NC and NW!

So, there's my long and glowing review of my beloved Lise Watier Anti-Wrinkle Firming SPF 20 Foundation. I love it, I love it, I love it. I am dreading fall because Porcelain is too fair for me and Beige Nu will be too dark so I will have to mix the two, unless they release more shades. I was never much of an artist! This is the perfect foundation. It's beautifully made and looks beautiful on. Yes, it's pricey, but when I saw how it made my skin look I slapped my money down with a megawatt smile. I've been through 8 different foundations in the last three years, without ever finishing or repurchasing a single one. This one I know I will be buying as gifts, finishing and repurchasing for myself. It's perfection. Now if only they'd make my perfect winter shade.....Lise mon chere?

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No