Lancome Le Crayon Kohl - Black Ebony

3.3

on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Im not sure how an eyeliner could be worse. This dragged and pulled my skin, barely any color payoff...I even tried the old drag trick of heating it with a lighter first, still not the best. I much prefer the Urban Decay pencil liners.

on 2/28/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't think I could draw an even line with this to save my life. If I press lightly trying to make a narrow line it sometimes won't show up, so I press a bit harder and it's way too thick. (This is based on a few months of using it daily). I found the color to be intense, but I have very fair skin. The color fades when you smudge it. I don't use it on the waterline, which is probably its main purpose, so it's probably not something I'd buy (it was a free gift). Clinque Quickliner has so far been the "best behaved." I was hoping a pencil that could be sharpened would be better and more accurate, but this one wasn't.

on 11/19/2013 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is average for me. When I use it in my upper lid, I usually top it with a liquid liner since it doesn't glide on very well. It somewhat tugs on my eyelid. However, this works well on my waterline. Overall, will not repurchase because it is too expensive and I think there are better ones out there for the lesser price.

on 6/11/2013 12:15:00 PM

This eyeliner was very disappointing! it smudges very easily around my eyes and does not last whatsoever! for the price I paid, I hoped this eyeliner would have been better then what it was! one of the worst eyeliners I have ever used. my cheaper eyeliner from the thrift store works better than this!

I got this as a sample from a friend who works for Lancome and usually I don't like pencils that you have to sharpen but this one works very good and although I do have cheaper eyeliners that work just as well, I feel that this one stays on longer and is darker which I like because I'm not big on going to the bathroom to reapply during a night out.

Definitely will think about repurchasing but because of the pricing being at $25 a pencil, I will rethink and maybe look for something better like the MAC kohl for about $14 instead

disappointed! it smudges and transfers onto my lower lid area...giving me racoon eyes even when i set it with an eye shadow to prevent smudging! worst eye liner i have tried and it is not very black. it does not glide on smoothly, tugs my lids. i would give 0 lippy if the system would let...!

on 3/4/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Goes on creamy but it smudges right off. I put this on my upper lash line and within one hour it's smudged in my crease. Awful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great eyeliner! It's a bit pricey, but definetly worth your $!
It is very creamy and goes on so smoothly. it's not the most pigmented eyeliner out there, but it gives u a smoky kind of black color that looks amazing.

on 1/12/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm so surprised by all the reviews of this.... For me this eyeliner is the best eyeliner BY FAR. It glides on effortlessly and I get great staying power... it will last all day... or all night depending. If I'm going out for a marathon night I'll apply NYX shadow base before my eyemakeup, but I don't need that kind of wear daily. Overall my HG eyeliner... I have it in Lapis, and Coffee as well. They last forever so while it's a pricey eyeliner... no doubt in my mind it's well worth it!!

on 1/10/2012 1:31:00 PM

I wear black eyeliner in a straight line on my upper lid.
While this liner goes on smoothly, it unfortunately smudges and smears very quickly...
I really wanted to like this liner, and I have tried many things to try to make it work, to no avail -- using foundation and powder on my lids before applying, putting dark eyeshadow over it to keep it in my lids... nothing works..
It always comes off in a line above my crease where my lid touches (if that makes sense), and the little 'cat-eye' line at the edge of my eye comes off in what seems like minutes..
I got this as a sample/gift with a larger purchase at Lancome in a dept. store.