August 22, 2014 | 1074 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - BABY soap for sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 More reviews by ebijou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your skin is reacting and not behaving, use this. It will dry it down a little, so use a simple, clean moisterizer along with it (glaxal base cream), This will clean your skin, but you need to use it consistently, do not use something else along with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

This is a gentle cleanser for face and body. Of course it's not for acne or various skin conditions. I wanted to use it for makeup removal and washing my lady bits *lol* and as a cleanser in the middle of the day since I only use my Clarisonic and Deep Clean Cleanser in the AM and PM. It claims that it's PH is the same a "pure water" Come on...don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining Dove.
This soap smells great, it's very comforting and lathers well...an excellent body bar. I have used it on my face, it did not break me out but it also did a p*ss poor job of removing my makeup. I lost a ton of eyelashes trying to get the lather out of my eyes. Not for makeup removal. Anyhow, I decided it didn't meet my Mid Day cleansing needs and was relegated to body wash detail, somewhere in my shower with my african black soap and bad shampoos, all that are used to shave with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by beachblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for Baby Dove in the original scent in the blue box. I use this to wash my face. Doesn't make me break out and is very moisturizing. I've been buying this for years and don't plan to stop. Just a perfect bar of soap. Love the new baby smell. I use this on my body as well when I can't be bothered to use shower gel.

Just don't get it in your eyes or up your nose because it will sting. Personally, I would not use this on a baby for that reason.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

Here is how Dove markets this soap on the packaging:

- More Canadian paediatricians recommend Dove Baby than any other baby bar.
- Contains special non-soap cleansers that are gentle to use from head to toe.
- 1/4 "Moisturizing Cream" (<-- in BOLD. Uh huh.) has special moisturizers to help protect against dryness.
- Dove Baby has the same pH as pure water.

I first used Dove Baby on my face. Turns out it was a bad idea 'cause it ended up drying my skin and left me feeling kind of itchy.

Then I used it as a hand soap. It left my hands feeling dry to the point of causing tiny cracks. I do admit to washing my hands on a regular basis and hardly using a hand cream afterwards, but the bar soap that I normally use to wash my hands with does NOT give me cracks.

I purchased Dove Baby at Wal-mart for about $2 CAD. It comes in a 2-pack with each bar weighing at 100 grams. Overall, all the claims Dove makes about this soap are rubbish, and I will never buy this again. Not recommended for babies either.

Ingredients: SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, STEARIC ACID, COCONUT ACID, SODIUM TALLOWATE, SODIUM ISETHIONATE, AQUA, SODIUM STEARATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM COCOATE OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ANIBA ROSAEODORA (ROSEWOOD) WOOD OIL, CEDRUS ATLANTICA (CEDARWOOD) BARK OIL, ROSE FLOWER OIL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE, CI 77891.