July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Masks - Jurlique - Intense Recovery Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I didnt thikn this product would be all that great, but Im actually loving it. I dont know what purpose I bought it for, probably just because I dont have a mask and having something of any kind that could just tighten up my pores, even my skin tone, make my skin brighter/do a deep cleaning every now and then seemed like a nice idea. So that's what I went into this expecting.
I have combo skin; oily around the nose and chin; othewrise dry, can be very sensitive at times. I also have acne marks under my jaw, few but theyre reddish and otherwise I have lighter skin so they show a lot to my aggravation.... I have big pores along my skin and cheeks that are another major problem.
This is a green mask that dries down almost greenish-brown. I love that this comes in a squeeze tube, that makes it so much nicer than masks that come in tubs or jars and just get so gross after you put your fingers in a few times and then notice that gross stray eyelash one day (ugh). It is a thinner tube and less material than I'd have hoped when I first ordered this online, but I really like it. It usually takes two squirts or two nickel sized amounts to go over all my face plus chin/high neck area where I can get little pimples sometimes.
So I put it on and let it dry. If you let this dry for 5-7 minutes it will act more hydrating. I discovered that if you let it dry for 10-15 minutes actually it will act more like a purifying mask and clarify more than hydrate. Afterwards, I take it off with a damp wash cloth or cotton pads with several rounds of removal to make sure it gets all off. Ive actually found that the washcloth/cotton pads do a way better job than just washing the mask off like I was before with my hands. I also have realized through trial and error that although with some masks (probably because they are drier), I used to put my face with the mask on top in steamy water like in the shower or run hot water and put my face nearby so it could penetrate my pores and sometimes that would give me better results....however, with this mask its the opposite. You need to let this dry and then take it off. Dont put it on while in steam and dont expose it to steam afterwards it just turns wet again and then never dries and has its full effect. Regardless of how long you put it on (~7 min for hydration or ~15 for purification), either way it softens and brightens the skin and my pores definitely feel tighter (yay!). I like that so so much about this mask . It also definitely calms my skin down and evens tone at least temporarily. It has never caused any breakouts. In fact I put it on now and again after plucking or whatever and it calms my face down if anything. Ive been using it for about a month now, twice a week plus any extra time I may feel like my skin needs TLC (scared of a sunburn, just waxed or plucked, etc). Every single time my skin has felt great afterwards. I think to expect this mask to do any one thing perfectly (purify, remove blemishes etc) would probably lead to disappointment, but it does several things pretty well though not perfectly.

It is expensive, at $39 for 40 ml. I've been using it for about a month (probably between 10-12 times now) and have worked my way through 60+% of the tube. But I really love how my skin looks and feels afterwards. I never have breakouts and if I feel like I'm about to get them, they always calm down when I put this on. its the best breakout preventing, skin calming, tone correcting, just relaxing mask Ive ever used on my skin. Feels like true pampering. Totally recommend, and yes I will repurchase in fact I am also thinking of trying Jurlique's purifying mask while I'm at it. Winner!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

i excitedly just tried this out for the first time today. when living in hot tropical places i revert to more of an oily skin type :( neither combination or dry at all. i'm not sure how a dry skin type person would find this mask. but since it is winter here i thought a balancing mask with both purifying and hydrating properties was in order rather than something too stripping. indeed it does feel moisturizing and chock full of nutrient rich oils. i washed my face after removing it because i think it's a bit too rich for me otherwise if those residual oils where left on. the clay feels mildly tight upon drying down but not too much as to be uncomfortable. the after effects i noticed were that my t-zone area, where i tend to get some congested blackheads, seemed like the clogs were more "loosened up" and pulled to the surface somewhat, gross! but i guess it seems to make sense that it would draw out impurities a little bit. after completing my "at home" facial my skin feels and appears pretty deep cleaned and smooth, though not dried out. i will try it again next week and see how i feel. overall it seems like a nice mask, i'm still not sure for the price if its worth it though. i have to try it out a few more times to say for sure.
MORE:
I am in my first trimester of second pregnancy and my face has been horrible (super oily, broken out, and yet tight and dehydrated on the surface) like it never was before. feeling at my wits end from being limited to what I can use to help bc of the pregnancy, I reached for this mask. I've been using it every other night before my bedtime routine. It hasn't helped prevent mybreakouts bc it's from hormones, but it has helped heal old ones really balance the skin in terms of oily and dry so it feels supple again. At least I am grateful for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by wonderfulJ

This is so expensive - but worth it. Such a beautiful and high quality product.

Highly effective and very enjoyable to use. It always give me results, which I need, as I have uneven, hormonal ance-prone skin.

If you have acne, uneven or dull skin, this is definitely what you've been hoping for!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by kemingj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Pros: Easy to apply and wash off, nice aroma from botanical ingredients, skin feels calmed and smooth after the treatment.

Cons: Tube could squirt out extra clay mask content than intended usage, need to be extra careful, skin still feels tight and a little on the dry side after use (not well hydrated), a little on the pricey side.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by jadoreDIOR22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mask is soo good! i love how my skin feels and looks after i use it
i use this once a week, and it keeps breakouts at bay, and prevents any form of dryness so it obvious maintains your skin's natural moisture level (which is perfect cause i have dry skin)
and i love how the mask is green... it makes me feel soo pampered and connected to nature and thats what jurlique is all about... creating skin care from the powerful forces of nature :D
a tad expensive but definitely worth every cent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an interesting mask. At first, I thought it is a hydrating mask but after using it in the last few weeks, I believe this is a hydrating mask with purify effect because one of the ingredient is green clay. There was once I had a few small pimples on my face, after using this mark, all of them had dried up overnight without the drying effect. At the same time, it had kept my skin soft and brightens up my skin tone.

This mask is perfect for combination skin given you want to balance the different area of the face. I could love to repurchase this again but it is very pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by gilliantng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchased this because of the reviews and also because Jurlique products did not contain any artificial preservatives.

this mask was OK, and it contains some oil, so there was a slightly oily feeling after i had washed it off. my skin was smooth, but for the price i paid, there're other hydrating masks that could also make my skin feel this way at a lower price!

will not be repurchasing this as i think this is overpriced though it does not contain preservatives (it has an expiry date of 6 months away for the 40ml bottle?). i'm not convinced that this is value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by exquisitejade

This mask is awesome. Your skin feels so soft and clean afterward. It really brightens my complexsion, and oh, it smells so good. I love this mask and will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by katiebaby87

This mask is my absolute favourite of all my skincare products. I started using it once a week several months ago and it has made a huge difference to my complexion; my skin feels nourished and soft and looks noticeable brighter, clearer, smoother and more balanced. No irritation, no dryness or tightness that I've gotten with other masks that are just too heavy duty for my sensitive skin. This has done an amazing job on my super senstitive skin, it's the best product I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second Jurlique mask and I love it. It is really nice. Makes me and my skin feel happy.

Update: this mask has really grown on me and I am using it almost daily. I am going to buy the big tube next time.

I also use Intense Moisture Mask (previously known as Deep Penetrating Mask) and I find this more nurishing, more hydrating and overall a better mask.