October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lipshine in Samoa #75

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by nudelipsandnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love the Aqualumiere lipsticks in general. They remind me of water color paints. This lipstick goes on very soft and pastel. Don't get me wrong--you can certainly layer it and achieve a deeper shade. On me, this shade is a sheer berry shade. In the tube, it looks much darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by etmg

love this lipstick. It is rose shot through with copper. It is the type of colour that if you have no other make up on will lift your whole face without being "in your face" if you follow me. Lovely

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Sockknitter

When I saw the pictures of this on Marion Cotillard from a recent Oscar telecast, I was smitten and it became a lemming for me. Several months later, I found a tube of it and instantly purchased. I was bitterly disappointed because it looked nothing like what it did on her and I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it. Pricey mistake.

I've since been hunting for a vibrant but not fuschia/garrish pink for everyday wear. I dug this out and bingo...just the color I was looking for. It is a vivid rose red pink with golden glitter. Sometimes it looks too bright for what I want but overall, I think it brightens my face when I don't want to do too much with my eyes. I'm still hunting for my HG pink but this will fit the bill until then.

The only thing I really don't like about this (other than the price) is the glitter. I don't mind shimmery/glittery lips but you can really FEEL the glitter in this lippie...both when you apply it and when you wear it. The top of the lipstick is COVERED with glitter...I try to wipe it off with a tissue but it just stays there. Oh well! I also don't think it's very moisturizing but that doesn't bother me too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

This is so beautiful and instantly flattering. It's a warm rosey red color with a fair amount of gold glitter. It's sheer. Texture is moisturizing. The only thing I dislike is the glitter could be less. Looks great with the Rose Petale blush. Probably would find something with less glitter and would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

got the sample size of this lipstick. at first look, i wasnt interested at all. i dont like dark color lipstick. i think it makes me look so much older. i read the reviews here in mua and i realized i should give it a try.

WOW!!!! what an amazing lip color! on my lips, this is a shade of red with gold shimmer. i never thought that red lipstick would look good on me. what i like the most with this lipstick is it makes my teeth look soooo white and clean! it makes my face sooo bright looking. when DH saw me the first time im wearing this, he said "you look blooming!" awwww!!!!!

but i dont think i can use this lipstick as my everyday lipstick. i guess i can use it on special occassions or when i go out at night.

quality and packaging, i am very impressed!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On me Samoa is a MLBB with shimmer. This lipstick is fool proof for me, even with a bare face it looks gorgeous, plus the spf rocks !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Louise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Samoa is a very unusual color. I bought it on a day when I was getting a makeover at the Chanel counter during a skin event. Most of my lippies from Chanel are either pink or coral. I imagined that it was some type of pink, probably because the MUA put a pinkish gloss on top of it. When I wore it yesterday, I noticed the color. "Hey, this is not pink I said." It is a brownish-goldish-reddish color. It would look beautiful with a tan. Unfortunately, I do not tan and am a PPP. I think that I may save this for the fall when I am thinking of burnished copper and crimson leaves, for that is what this color reminds me of. I am hoping that I will grow to like it more as time goes on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I knew upon hearing about this shade that I would have to have it-a bronze rose! it's more rose than bronze on me and has a subtle shimmer to it. It's very natural looking on me and almost a MLBB kind of shade...but with more ooomph. It's just an incredibly flattering shade. It's actually the one Marion Cotillard (Acadamey Award winner best actress for La Vie En Rose) wore at the Oscars this year....it looked amazing on her, and probably would on just about any brunette. for reference I am LLL/hazel/brown (wear Chanel TI in 1.0 or 1.5)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by plummiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Samoa is part of the Summer 2008 Aqualumiere collection. Chanel describes this shade as a copper rose and that is a pretty accurate description. It is a beautiful, sheer color with subtle microglitter and it lasts on my lips just as long as the RA's. I went to purchase a back up but it was sold out. I'm planning on getting at least 2 more as it is LE.