Avocado Oil

4.5

100% virgin avocado oil, yellow-greenish in color

I bought cold pressed, organic avocado oil to temporarily replace my beloved rosehip and argan oils. Rosehip goes off fairly quickly and it's quite expensive and ultra-versatile argan isn't giving my finnicky, peri-menopausal skin the extra help it needs during the winter. My skin is acne-prone, combination, currently dehydrated and has become much more sensitive over the last few years which has meant I've had to abandon my favourite skincare products, hopefully temporarily. Because it is quite a thick oil, I find that just one drop of it mixed with a couple of pumps of Cerave PM smoothed over my face and neck ensures it applies easily, hydrates my skin adequately and gives my skin some radiance without clogging my pores. Whenever I've gone over this amount I've had pore-clogging aplenty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

2/1/16 update

I no longer use this on my face as its kind of break me out with surface pimples with white little pus. Not like a lot but mainly on my folds of my nose and my eyebrows.. It is still a great oil for my body tho. Still loving it.

============================================

I rarely write review as I just stealth and read reviews from other. But this avocado oil is really a great moisturizer for my extremely acne prone skin. Even though my skin is oily, I use strong stuff like retin-A to treat/prevent my acne and for anti-aging, my skin has been always dehydrate and flake and oily at the same time. I tried a lot of moisturizers from high end (Nexus, Avene, La Roche-Posay and etc) to drug store brands (Cetaphil, Cerave, Venicream, Neutrogena, Olay, Elta MD and etc), all of them just simply broken me out. Then I realize my skin get clogged up by olive oil and its derivatives, coconut oil and its derivatives, petroleum/mineral oil and too much silicone, I finally managed to find Dermalogica intensive moisture balance which doesn't break me out. But still my skin is not impressed enough as it is still dehydrated and flaky and oily at the same time.. Not a pretty image.. Then I do a lot of research on raw ingredient, like oil cleansing method, Argan oil, Sunflower oil, Castor oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Coconut oil, Rose hip oil, and Mineral oil, all did not help my flaky dehydrated skin and broke me out badly.. I kind of already gave up on my skin being dehydrated and flaky and just thought as long as I don't get acne, I am good enough, until I brave up and tried avocado oil. I know my skin will react kind of fast to wrong products so firstly I applied it only to my neck where only breaks out with wrong product. The first day (12/31/15) nothing happened so I then apply it to my whole face the next day. The first 3 days my skin start to calm down a lot as my acne become just little red dots with a tiny pus on top. I either pick those out (bad I know) or leave them along. Then next those pimples just start to heal. But my skin still feels kind of tight so I started adding oil to my Dermalogica moisturizer, my skin finally feel normal again, I don't feel tight and my skin is not flaky anymore. My skin is still oily though which I don't think I can ever change that but it's hydrated now.

The application of avocado oil feels, well, like applying oil to your skin but it doesn't feel suffocating like petroleum products and it will sink in to your skin eventually. The smell, just like avocado as expected and it doesn't linger once its applied. In my case, I firstly used it by itself but I feel I need humectants to attract water to my skin and then the right emollient to trap moisture so I add oil to my moisturizer. Its been great combination so far. I tried just adding Dermalogica moisture booster serum but feels adding moisturizer make my skin more comfortable.

PS: I did not review either Demelagica intensive moisture balance or the moisture booster serum because I am not that impressed with those two products. They are being simply not breaking me out and only provide a little help to my skin if not adding avocado oil.

I am currently using cold pressed, unrefined avocado oil from Amazon by Renewalize. I have been using this for a week. Got so impressed already that I have to review it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love it,I use it for my hair as a prewash hair mask or just during the week to tame flyouts and I rub it in the ends of my hair which protect them from splitting.Soothens dry and tired feet,and saves my hands during the winter.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I adore this oil, it's extremely nourishing for skin, hair and nails. I mostly rub it into my cuticles, and it makes my nails grow longer than ever. It's also great to use on dry skin, and isn't greasy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use Avocado oil as a hand cream, after I've washed and dried my hands (they're still a bit moist). Also, from time to time, I use it after I shower, before I towel dry. I absolutely love this on my skin. It absorbs spectacularly and I even love the weird smell. My boyfriend says I smell like salad after I use it, but that's fine, I love salad :D

I tried using it for my face (dry and sensitive) and it didn't work at all. I got red, itchy bumps all over my cheeks and chin. In spite of this, I still give it 5 lippies, just because it does wonders on my hands and body.

I have a small bottle (around 30ml) with a spritzer, which is great for pumping out the correct amount.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use avocado oil to deep condition my hair. I add it to dry hair and let it sink in before I go to bed. In the morning I shampoo normally. It washes out easily and makes my hair resonably soft. I would maybe buy it again, but it doesn't smell very nice (that's why I don't use it as skin care), so I might just try macademia oil next time instead or just stick to argan oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

i only use avocado oil on as an hair conditioner, and it is the absolutely best thing for me. just mix equal parts organic unfiltered avocado oil and organic aloe vera, i make small batches, since it is so easy to make. put into a small dark glass bottle with a dropper. when the hair is wet, shake the bottle. use 1/2 a dropper, warming the mixture between your palms and apply to the roots, spreading gently towards the ends
my hair is naturally very curly, dry and tend to get freezy, for years, i've been using kiehl's cream with silk groom. i liked it very much, that was until i tried avocado oil/aloe vera.
now this huge kiehl's bottle is lonely and abandoned. no additives, no preservatives, no $$. 2 simple organic ingredients keep my curls tamed and oh, so shiny. love, love, love HG!!!

Avocado oil is a great oil when mixed in with other oils but I cannot stand the smell of it on my face by itself. It smells precisely like guacamole and persists for hours. I tried an organic avocado oil by Primavera (German brand) that moisturized fabulously, but in the end, the smell repulsed me and I could no longer use it on my face. I find that it makes a stellar addition to Kari Gran's Cleansing Oil (because it is mixed in with other oils) or in the body oil blends by Laurel Whole Plant Organics.

I had bad reaction with retinol and chemical sun screens. My skin was very sensitive, very dry, but also have pimples, acne and dermatitis... I decided to try avocado oil because I read good reviews about it.

The avocado oil is about $7 AUD from coles and it is cold press unrefined. It Has green color and quite thin texture.

When I removed the make up, it needed few minutes of rubbing to take off the waterproof mascara and makeups. However, it was Not itchy or burning which was great for me. I used foam cleanser to wash off.

I added a little bit of oil on my face a long with skin recovery cream by paula choice.

The results? No redness, reduced pimple and less dermatitis!! I am not joking, my skin improved sooooo much even my room mate could not believe me...

I used many products and facial oils, Glycerin and many other moisturizers (drug store, high end to paula choice ranges) but they only made my skin feel very itchy and red. I have been using this oil for a week and so far bad no reactions! people complimented ands ask about my skin care routines now Lolll

If you can not find gentle make up remover and facial oil in melbourne, try the avocado oil!

Pros:
- good carrier oil that helps other moisturizers to penetrate better
- good skin repairing and anti flammatory ingredient with vit A B D E
- good fatty acids
- cheap for facial oil
- no itchy ness, burning sensation

Con:
- slightly thicker than grapes seed oil

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Have used every oil and this is the best.Absorbs really fast,no overly powerful smell,no breakouts,and a large bottle lasts months.only use unfiltered,organic.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products