August 20, 2014 | 906 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Suki1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin. Dry ageing skin on my cheeks and forehead but oily on nose and chin. I've just recently started using organic, cold pressed Avocado Oil as Make-Up remover, and it functions brilliantly for this. Then I decided to massage the avocado oil into my dry cheeks and forehead at night and this has been working wonders. Now I use all over my body as well with great results. I just decant the oil into a small, dark, glass jar and put it into my bathroom. And after reading about all the virtues of Avocados, I have been making a homemade mask with 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 a tblsp. of organic shea butter, a tsp. of raw organic honey, and a spritz of the juice of half a lime.Leave it in for 20 minutes: WONDERFUL! After this my skin feels very nourished and as soft as velvet. I would willingly pay 100's for a moisterising cream that could do all of this, but 500ml of organic Avocado oil costs all of 13! Next I am going to try out Avocado Oil as a treatment for my hair. Can't wait!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite oils for cleansing my skin. I've been using it for several months, sometimes on its own, sometimes mixed with castor oil (equal parts of each). My skin is combo/oily and if something doesn't agree with it, I'll know within a day or two when a blemish pops up. (Which is very rare, thanks in part to no makeup, oil cleansing, and PC 2% BHA liquid.)

I keep an amber, glass dropper-top bottle of this on my bathroom counter. In the evening, I'll take one dropperful, warm it between my palms, and gently work it into my skin (dry). After a few moments of gently massaging the oil on my face, I'll wet a baby washcloth with cool water and use the softer, non-nubby side to gently remove the oil. (I'll wet the cloth, wipe my face, and repeat two more times.)

I stopped wearing face makeup some time ago, so I can't vouch for avocado oil's ability to remove foundation, powder, concealer, etc. I do still wear eye makeup and it removes that quite easily. Since using oils to cleanse my skin, it's been clear, more even-toned, and my pores are much less noticeable. There are other oils I use from time to time, but avocado oil is my 'go to' that I reach for the most. (Mineral oil also works fine for me and in the hotter months of summer, I'll often use that because of its lighter, thinner texture.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by m33m4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

HG. Avocado oil is an amazing moisturizer (I haven't had any issues with breakouts, but I only use a tiny drop daily). It leaves my skin feeling plump and hydrated all day. I haven't noticed a decrease in scarring or anything yet, but I have only used this for about a month so far (so here's hoping!).

Where it really shines is my hair. Hugely chemically processed and exceptionally dry, avocado oil has improved it ten fold. My hair feels soft and is shiny now :) I dyed it again a few weeks ago and left the dye on for over an hour because i stupidly lost track of time gossiping with a girlfriend. Naturally, I was left with a crunchy, easily knotted mess. I then started using avocado oil (drenching my hair for at least an hour before shampooing, and a small amount daily as a serum).

In the beginning I noticed very little difference, and any benefits were short lived. But after just a feel weeks there's a marked improvement in my hair quality. I did some research online and apparently avocado oil is one of the very few oils that don't just coat the hair strand, but can actually penetrate it. I can only assume it has a similar effect on skin (but I'm not a doctor and dropped out of chem after one term, so there's that). Our ex cleaning lady used avocado oil as a moisturizer every day since she was 18 years old and she looked incredible. At 55 her only noticable wrinkles were slight crows feet (which I already kind of have at 26). She had very fair, euro skin and red hair as well (which is gorgeous no doubt, but is known to be more wrinkle prone). She swore by it, I regret not taking her advice much earlier, but I was 21 and didn't care about wrinkles ("I won't get wrinkles for AGES" :/)

Overall: dirt cheap, effective, doesn't break me out (some people do have issues with clogged pores from this so I guess you just have to monitor it), and is flat out amazing. No more expensive department store creams for me! Hopefully it saves my skin too, it's already saved my hair and wallet (in this economy...woo!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

HOLY GRAIL!
Since I'm a teenager suffering from break-outs here and there and used to be acne-prone, I've always been scared with oils on my face. However my skin is extremely dehydrated and most moistruizers just doesn't do the job. My dehydration-problem has become really annoying, since makeup clings to the dry skin and sits there awkwardly cakey. Not a cute look.

Well, one day when I was at my local grocery, they had all of these natural oils on sale for really cheap money, so I thought why not. I have now been using avocado oil as a "nightcream"/overnight-treatment and it is AMAZING. I'm swear this will make your skin so soft, so smooth and so hydrated you won't believe it. So far I haven't experienced any break-outs, so that's good!

Thumbs up to this oil! :)

- btw.
I won't recommend using this as a hair oil. It will get greasy not matter what.
What you however can do, is leaving it in the ends (only ends!!) of your hair, and then shower washing it off. It will make your hair really soft and more shiny.
Works just as well as cocunut oil, if not better for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually use this as a make up remover. Its "like" I'm doing the oil cleansing method but not really because I wash my face afterwards with a gentle cleanser. This works really well at removing all traces of make up no matter what it is and it makes your skin feel nicely moisturized. I have super super oily skin and this does not make me any oilier or cause any breakouts. I just pour a dime size into my hand and rub it all over my face and massage it for a minute or two before hopping into the shower. I would definitely try it is a moisturizer if my skin is ever dry but not as of yet. I'm using Olivado avocado oil that I bought of amazon. I've also tried this drizzled over salad. Not bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

olivado avocado oil

packaging: nice but since im using it in the bathroom, wished there was a pump haha
price: olivado is relatively pricey in canada at whole foods

initially helped with eczema but it soon started giving me small whitehead bumps on my arm, cant use for too long and too much. i did slather it on in the shower with the steam still present. tried it on my face, perhaps i used too much but got a spot right away the next day. am just going to continue using on my calves and hair ends. also, if you put it all over ur body, like i did...ur PJs will smell funky..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm 24 and feel that i'm ready for my first eye cream. i wanted to buy kiehl's creamy avocado eye treatment but it's kinda expensive and the vit e eye cream from TBS doesn't look like something that will make a big difference or prevent anything, and i found that some expensive moisturizers/eye creams have avocado oil in them so i went online and bought pure avocado oil from an organic store, it came in a small dark bottle with droppers.

i prefer organic store products than like that they sell at grocery store. becareful to choose where you purchase it from, not all of them are pure and in good condition and worse it will give you pimples or irritation rather than a clear complexion.

so i apply it everynight under my eyes. i have one fine line under my left eye and after 3 days it's completely gone. if i stop using it, the effect will last for about a week before the line start to show again but still not as bad as before i use the avocado oil.
sometimes i slather it on my face like a mask and wash it off in the evening, i never go to sleep with it since i live in tropical city and god knows what happen if you sleep with oily face, but it's perfect if you live in drier area/with winter.

overall this is a cheap and effective wrinkle treatment that will definitely make a BIG difference under your eye, cost cheaper than a drugstore eye cream and you can be 50 without one damn wrinkle on your face. when i'm old, i ain't gonna spend hundreds of dollars on a tube of overpriced eye cream that will never work.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased extra virgin (cold-processed, unrefined) avocado oil from a seller on Ebay. It was a great value at a dollar per ounce, and I intended to use it on my hair, body and possibly face (I have the most finicky persnickety face).

On the body as part of an oil blend (grapeseed, argan, a little marula, and now avocado)-nutty smell, mostly goes away, helps skin absorb the blend more quickly, makes skin looks smoother and more healthy.

I have not tried it on my face yet.

On the hair-I have fine dark curly hair, prone to split ends- Excellent. Immediately reduces frizz, helps define curls, seems to minimize split ends with consistent use. I definitely recommend as a great natural treatment for curly hair either as a leave-in smoother (just a little in the palm, run through ends and maybe a bit further up) or as a deep conditioning treatment (a good amount all over the hair, a little rubbed in the scalp, leave on as long as possible before shampooing and conditioning in the shower).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Avocado Oil, where have you been all my life? So here's the story. My skin, it throws temper tantrums, especially when it starts to cool down. This year, was no exception, it dried right out WHILE I got breakouts...The thought of washing my face with chemicals didn't seem appealing, so what I did was purchase an organic face wash (which I have reviewed), that I heard about from a youtuber. Another thing she used to moisturize was, avocado oil. I grabbed a bottle and used it in addition to the other products I was using to moisturize. The tantrum is long since over, and I'm using strictly avocado oil as a moisturizer for my face and eyes, and a makeup remover. I love it and am so glad I picked it up. This is a Holy Grail for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Olivado Organic Extra Virgin Avocado Oil which I originally purchased for culinary purposes but when I developed severe summer allergies a few years ago I started using it on my skin, at a time when the only products I could use that didn't sting my face were Eight Hour Cream and Clinique Soap. Avocado oil worked wonderfully to quickly soothe, heal and moisturise, and it's become a staple.
Compared to olive oil it's lighter, virtually odourless and doesn't sit heavily on the skin; in fact it seems to just melt in and in small amounts won't make your skin look shiny and "oily". I even went out with this on my face once, having forgotten that I hadn't put on any moisturiser!
My skin's dry/combo to very dry and I find that it actually helps to balance out the oilier areas. It's full of antioxidants and apparently helps the skin to produce collagen; if my skin needs a boost I massage in a generous amount every evening (on its own or within my nighttime routine) and can definitely feel my skin becoming firmer and buttery soft, as well as looking dewy and bright.
For best results use while the skin is damp and warm. The oil will help to lock in that moisture and your skin will feel even softer.
Great for face body and hands, on its own or mixed with facial oils or creams, as a massage oil or applied as a mask, and numerous other uses; I decant some into a little plastic pump bottle (it's fluid enough to pump) to keep in the bathroom and wouldn't be without it. It's around £5 for 250ml so you can't go wrong. I love it!