Avocado Oil

4.4

100% virgin avocado oil, yellow-greenish in color

on 7/13/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Avocado oil is deep yellow/greenish and stinks. It smells strongly of avos obviously but I get a whiff of bacon in there too. I don't wanna smell like either one! So to get over that I always use it in a homemade blend of carriers and/or essential oils. Avocado oil softens my hair. It is good as a pre-poo.

on 7/4/2015 3:58:00 AM

I make up a mix that is half avocado oil, half grapeseed oil and a few drops of rosemary essential oil. I have thick curly hair that comes to the bottom of my ribs. I pour about half a teaspoon of this mixture into my hand, then rub my hands together, flip my head upside down, and run my fingers through the lengths, I keep rubbing my hands together and also use my finger tips to rub it into my scalp & rub it evenly through my hair. I then tie my hair in a knot ontop of my head for at least an hour before getting into the shower. I find this mix of oils is so light it washes out easily, and my curls have become so light, defined and bouncy, I havn't used conditioner for about 6 months now. At the moment Im using Right Guard with Oils shampoo, but have recently ordered Aritha, Amla & Shikakai powders from Amazon to try as a shampoo soon. I do find that my hair feels very dry and knotty when it's wet, but once it air drys it's so soft and lovely. Ive also noticed since ditching conditioner for this oil blend that I only need to wash my hair about every 4 days now as it just doesn't seem to get very oily anymore. I used to have to wash it every other day using comercial conditioner. I also use a handmade soap bar I bought from Ebay which is goats milk and avocado, it's done lovely things to my skin and has no chemicals in it at all.

on 5/16/2015 4:30:00 PM

I've used avocado oil for almost 10 months and I have to say I'm very satisfied with it. I have combination-dry skin and there was a time when I got many under-skin pimples because of make up, and that drove me crazy. I've tried many moisturizers but none of them could help. I accidently read a review from a blogger, who said that she dealt with her under-skin pimples by using avocado oil. That's why I have it a try. Right after a week of use, wow, all the pimples disappeared like magic. This oil doesn't help to treat acnes or normal pimples, but it works well for under-skin pimples. sometimes, I still have some acnes on my chin or forehead; but since I started using avocado oil, I haven't seen any under-skin pimples again. My cheek skin is now really soft. After 10 months of use, my mom told me that my skin is getting much better than before and she also wants to try this oil for herself, for my dad and even for my brother :D I really love this oil and I think that I will stick to it for a very long time.

on 4/3/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have only used this oil on my hair once and I love it. Most oils make my hair greasy and limp but this oil makes my hair look shiny, full and healthy. Definately one of my favourite oils.

on 3/31/2015 1:03:00 AM

I like this a lot for my low-porosity, fine, mid-back length curly hair, which is easily weighed down by most oils. I use a small amount (a teaspoon or two) in dry hair as a pre-shampoo treatment (aka pre-poo) and a teaspoon plus a few squirts of conditioner and about 6 ounces of water in a spray bottle as a curl reviver.

on 1/21/2015 8:28:00 PM

I have recently used an avocado oil on my skin as a night serum. The next morning i woke up and my skin had a few bumps that I never have.Throughout the day the bumps got more worse. Im not sure whether I am purging or breaking out or having an allergy. I have been using calamine lotion to help sooth and bring down the redness. I feel very self conscious about the dots and will not be using avocado on my face EVER again. I also used the oil on my hair which made it extremely greasy and gross. perhaps I used to much and am willing to try it on my hair again.

on 1/4/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This makes a superb oil treatment for hair. It pairs well with olive oil, too, for this. I have now used for a couple of weeks before every shower, and my hair has been falling out less and looks very healthy. You don't need too much, to get the benefits.

I don't like it too much for skin compared to coconut oil, except that coconut oil can slightly irritate the skin if you use it too much. It would be better for oily skin--it is a bit drying if used regularly.

It is better when combined with another oil.

For dry facial skin, you need an extra boost that avocado oil can't give alone. As a makeup remover, again, coconut oil is better for me as it dissolves grit/mascara/heavy liner, more efficiently. With avocado oil, you just can't get the eyes clean of heavy m.u, without going over it a dozen times (which is prob gonna lead to wrinkles, long-term).

I've been liking it for body skin, after misting with orange blossom/rosewater mix, as it absorbs much better than most other oils, and there is little to no 'avocado' smell.
I even dust with baby powder just so as not to risk 'smelling.'
People don't like talcum powder, but a bit of it dusted after any body oil/lotion, makes skin very soft. I think it helps 'contain' the moisture, but I could be wrong.

on 12/25/2014 2:10:00 PM

I bought some of this on a whim yesterday and did a hair and face mask with it...it is by far the most moisturizing oil I've used, my hair is soft and shiny and my fave is ultra supple. Love this stuff, will always keep some on hand.

on 12/7/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

One of my favourite oils. very moisturising the only oil only that works on my hair without making it stiff and crunchy it leaves it soft and shiny. definitely saw an improvement in the texture of my skin and hair, didn't break me out .great for winter.

Avocado oil helps with improving collagen production and has anti ageing properties.

I use it to remove make up and also mix it in with other oils and butters to make a lotion which I use on my hair and skin.

on 11/29/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very good as a skin or body oil and/or a carrier oil for blending with other oils and/or essential oils. e careful as it can go rancid very quickly. (I keep it out of light and in the fridge.)

Nice when blended with Grapeseed.

Suitable for folks with Nut allergies.

Popular Moisturizers