April 16, 2014 | 1924 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL!
Since I'm a teenager suffering from break-outs here and there and used to be acne-prone, I've always been scared with oils on my face. However my skin is extremely dehydrated and most moistruizers just doesn't do the job. My dehydration-problem has become really annoying, since makeup clings to the dry skin and sits there awkwardly cakey. Not a cute look.

Well, one day when I was at my local grocery, they had all of these natural oils on sale for really cheap money, so I thought why not. I have now been using avocado oil as a "nightcream"/overnight-treatment and it is AMAZING. I'm swear this will make your skin so soft, so smooth and so hydrated you won't believe it. So far I haven't experienced any break-outs, so that's good!

Thumbs up to this oil! :)

- btw.
I won't recommend using this as a hair oil. It will get greasy not matter what.
What you however can do, is leaving it in the ends (only ends!!) of your hair, and then shower washing it off. It will make your hair really soft and more shiny.
Works just as well as cocunut oil, if not better for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually use this as a make up remover. Its "like" I'm doing the oil cleansing method but not really because I wash my face afterwards with a gentle cleanser. This works really well at removing all traces of make up no matter what it is and it makes your skin feel nicely moisturized. I have super super oily skin and this does not make me any oilier or cause any breakouts. I just pour a dime size into my hand and rub it all over my face and massage it for a minute or two before hopping into the shower. I would definitely try it is a moisturizer if my skin is ever dry but not as of yet. I'm using Olivado avocado oil that I bought of amazon. I've also tried this drizzled over salad. Not bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

olivado avocado oil

packaging: nice but since im using it in the bathroom, wished there was a pump haha
price: olivado is relatively pricey in canada at whole foods

initially helped with eczema but it soon started giving me small whitehead bumps on my arm, cant use for too long and too much. i did slather it on in the shower with the steam still present. tried it on my face, perhaps i used too much but got a spot right away the next day. am just going to continue using on my calves and hair ends. also, if you put it all over ur body, like i did...ur PJs will smell funky..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm 24 and feel that i'm ready for my first eye cream. i wanted to buy kiehl's creamy avocado eye treatment but it's kinda expensive and the vit e eye cream from TBS doesn't look like something that will make a big difference or prevent anything, and i found that some expensive moisturizers/eye creams have avocado oil in them so i went online and bought pure avocado oil from an organic store, it came in a small dark bottle with droppers.

i prefer organic store products than like that they sell at grocery store. becareful to choose where you purchase it from, not all of them are pure and in good condition and worse it will give you pimples or irritation rather than a clear complexion.

so i apply it everynight under my eyes. i have one fine line under my left eye and after 3 days it's completely gone. if i stop using it, the effect will last for about a week before the line start to show again but still not as bad as before i use the avocado oil.
sometimes i slather it on my face like a mask and wash it off in the evening, i never go to sleep with it since i live in tropical city and god knows what happen if you sleep with oily face, but it's perfect if you live in drier area/with winter.

overall this is a cheap and effective wrinkle treatment that will definitely make a BIG difference under your eye, cost cheaper than a drugstore eye cream and you can be 50 without one damn wrinkle on your face. when i'm old, i ain't gonna spend hundreds of dollars on a tube of overpriced eye cream that will never work.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased extra virgin (cold-processed, unrefined) avocado oil from a seller on Ebay. It was a great value at a dollar per ounce, and I intended to use it on my hair, body and possibly face (I have the most finicky persnickety face).

On the body as part of an oil blend (grapeseed, argan, a little marula, and now avocado)-nutty smell, mostly goes away, helps skin absorb the blend more quickly, makes skin looks smoother and more healthy.

I have not tried it on my face yet.

On the hair-I have fine dark curly hair, prone to split ends- Excellent. Immediately reduces frizz, helps define curls, seems to minimize split ends with consistent use. I definitely recommend as a great natural treatment for curly hair either as a leave-in smoother (just a little in the palm, run through ends and maybe a bit further up) or as a deep conditioning treatment (a good amount all over the hair, a little rubbed in the scalp, leave on as long as possible before shampooing and conditioning in the shower).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Avocado Oil, where have you been all my life? So here's the story. My skin, it throws temper tantrums, especially when it starts to cool down. This year, was no exception, it dried right out WHILE I got breakouts...The thought of washing my face with chemicals didn't seem appealing, so what I did was purchase an organic face wash (which I have reviewed), that I heard about from a youtuber. Another thing she used to moisturize was, avocado oil. I grabbed a bottle and used it in addition to the other products I was using to moisturize. The tantrum is long since over, and I'm using strictly avocado oil as a moisturizer for my face and eyes, and a makeup remover. I love it and am so glad I picked it up. This is a Holy Grail for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Olivado Organic Extra Virgin Avocado Oil which I originally purchased for culinary purposes but when I developed severe summer allergies a few years ago I started using it on my skin, at a time when the only products I could use that didn't sting my face were Eight Hour Cream and Clinique Soap. Avocado oil worked wonderfully to quickly soothe, heal and moisturise, and it's become a staple.
Compared to olive oil it's lighter, virtually odourless and doesn't sit heavily on the skin; in fact it seems to just melt in and in small amounts won't make your skin look shiny and "oily". I even went out with this on my face once, having forgotten that I hadn't put on any moisturiser!
My skin's dry/combo to very dry and I find that it actually helps to balance out the oilier areas. It's full of antioxidants and apparently helps the skin to produce collagen; if my skin needs a boost I massage in a generous amount every evening (on its own or within my nighttime routine) and can definitely feel my skin becoming firmer and buttery soft, as well as looking dewy and bright.
For best results use while the skin is damp and warm. The oil will help to lock in that moisture and your skin will feel even softer.
Great for face body and hands, on its own or mixed with facial oils or creams, as a massage oil or applied as a mask, and numerous other uses; I decant some into a little plastic pump bottle (it's fluid enough to pump) to keep in the bathroom and wouldn't be without it. It's around £5 for 250ml so you can't go wrong. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Untoxifyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have turned my back on conventional moisturizers and found joy in natural food grade oils! I get my avocado oil at a warehouse type store and find that a lot of the time food grade is less expensive than the cosmetic...? The smell is usually fresher and much less likely to be rancid(which is truly a disgusting odor) I also prefer the packaging to be glass as I avoid plastic whenever possible. Avocado oil works great on my skin(face and body)and hair. I am prone to breakout and have mild psoriasis. I have found this does not aggravate these but helps. It works well under mineral makeup powder which can be drying. As other posters, I apply this on my body right after a shower and my skin looks glowy which says a lot for a nearly 43 year old Mom :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by simaagayeva

I was so excited to try this product after reading the great reviews. Within the past several months, I developed severe perioral dermatitis and had giant inflamed eczema patches on my cheeks. Simply put, I tried avocado oil thinking it would help soothe my skin. After gently exfoliating with a wash cloth and applying a couple drops of oil, I went to bed. The next morning when I woke up, I was horrified to see that my entire face was covered in swollen, raised red patches. It was awful. I took an anti-histamine and applied hydrocortisone cream. Within a couple days, my skin went back to how it was before. I purchased the NOW brand of avocado oil at GNC. I was really excited to try something natural after spending money on drugstore stuff. Now I realize that just because it's all natural, it doesn't mean it will be a miracle worker for your skin. My only regret is not doing a patch test first.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

This oil is a miracle worker. Really. i've suffered with acne for a long time, and eventhough it's mild, it's frustrating.
It finally started to clear up BUT i'm left with stubborn red splotchy marks and discoloration.

Applying this oil every night as a moisturizer helps both the hyperpigmentation and really heals my skin. Plus it also clears out my pores, prevents breakouts (some articles say that it has a slight anti-bacterial property) and helps balance my skin's natural oil secretion. Avocado oil is also slightly on the acidic side on the pH scale (low alkaline)... Around the same as your skin's pH thus protecting it's acid mantle. You just can't go wrong with avocado oil.

REMEMBER TO APPLY JUST A LITTLE or it might be too heavy and not sink in properly. I put an amount enough to cover my face, (which takes trial and error) warm it up between my fingers and pat it in and voila! Nice, dewy skin! If you dot the oil on your face, make sure to rub it in, concentrate on massaging/patting it in your most acne and clog-prone areas to help it absorb quickly (reducing breakouts caused by 'suffocating' pores) while still getting it's full benefits. Try not to tissue or ESPECIALLY rinse off as some off the beneficial properties that you want will go down the drain. If it's too greasy, cut down on the amount of oil you use.

Goodluck :)