Avocado Oil

4.4

100% virgin avocado oil, yellow-greenish in color

on 4/3/2015 5:12:00 PM

I have only used this oil on my hair once and I love it. Most oils make my hair greasy and limp but this oil makes my hair look shiny, full and healthy. Definately one of my favourite oils.

on 3/31/2015 1:03:00 AM

I like this a lot for my low-porosity, fine, mid-back length curly hair, which is easily weighed down by most oils. I use a small amount (a teaspoon or two) in dry hair as a pre-shampoo treatment (aka pre-poo) and a teaspoon plus a few squirts of conditioner and about 6 ounces of water in a spray bottle as a curl reviver.

on 1/21/2015 8:28:00 PM

I have recently used an avocado oil on my skin as a night serum. The next morning i woke up and my skin had a few bumps that I never have.Throughout the day the bumps got more worse. Im not sure whether I am purging or breaking out or having an allergy. I have been using calamine lotion to help sooth and bring down the redness. I feel very self conscious about the dots and will not be using avocado on my face EVER again. I also used the oil on my hair which made it extremely greasy and gross. perhaps I used to much and am willing to try it on my hair again.

on 1/4/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This makes a superb oil treatment for hair. It pairs well with olive oil, too, for this. I have now used for a couple of weeks before every shower, and my hair has been falling out less and looks very healthy. You don't need too much, to get the benefits.

I don't like it too much for skin compared to coconut oil, except that coconut oil can slightly irritate the skin if you use it too much. It would be better for oily skin--it is a bit drying if used regularly.

It is better when combined with another oil.

For dry facial skin, you need an extra boost that avocado oil can't give alone. As a makeup remover, again, coconut oil is better for me as it dissolves grit/mascara/heavy liner, more efficiently. With avocado oil, you just can't get the eyes clean of heavy m.u, without going over it a dozen times (which is prob gonna lead to wrinkles, long-term).

I've been liking it for body skin, after misting with orange blossom/rosewater mix, as it absorbs much better than most other oils, and there is little to no 'avocado' smell.
I even dust with baby powder just so as not to risk 'smelling.'
People don't like talcum powder, but a bit of it dusted after any body oil/lotion, makes skin very soft. I think it helps 'contain' the moisture, but I could be wrong.

on 12/25/2014 2:10:00 PM

I bought some of this on a whim yesterday and did a hair and face mask with it...it is by far the most moisturizing oil I've used, my hair is soft and shiny and my fave is ultra supple. Love this stuff, will always keep some on hand.

on 12/7/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

One of my favourite oils. very moisturising the only oil only that works on my hair without making it stiff and crunchy it leaves it soft and shiny. definitely saw an improvement in the texture of my skin and hair, didn't break me out .great for winter.

Avocado oil helps with improving collagen production and has anti ageing properties.

I use it to remove make up and also mix it in with other oils and butters to make a lotion which I use on my hair and skin.

on 11/29/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very good as a skin or body oil and/or a carrier oil for blending with other oils and/or essential oils. e careful as it can go rancid very quickly. (I keep it out of light and in the fridge.)

Nice when blended with Grapeseed.

Suitable for folks with Nut allergies.

on 11/27/2014 4:43:00 AM

I have been using avocado oil in my skincare regime for around 5 months, and have had great results. I have used coconut oil on my face & in my hair, but for sons reason avocado oil has produced better results! So now I've switched completely.

How I use it:

HAIR: with a blend of castor oil, carrot seed oil & jojoba oil, massaged into my scalp a couple times a week. My hair has become almost unmanageably thick! My ponytail is so heavy & there are no more dry ends.

SKIN: I cleanse with avocado oil, applying a layer to my face & put a washcloth into hot water, wring it out & hold it on my face until it goes cool. I do this for my morning cleanse and sometimes at night too! The results are amazing! Try it!!

Lately I've been putting avocado oil on my face as a moisturiser, too - after the cleanse.

I also exfoliate my face & body with a mixture of brown sugar & avocado oil a couple times a week.

I highly recommend trying this oil.
Coconut oil did nothing for me - but avocado oil has worked a treat! I love it.

on 11/1/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

To start off, I have sensitive and normal skin. However, I had sensitive, acne-prone, oily/combination skin when I was a teenager up until recently. I'd recommend this product to anyone open to integrating an oil into their beauty regime.

I use the Olivado brand (~$11 on Amazon), as it is cold pressed from the flesh of the avocado and not the seed, providing more benefits for those who are looking to use this in their beauty regime. As for the packaging of the product, some people may find it tedious, since it was not made to be apply topically. It is recommended to keep the bottle in a dry and cool space to prevent the oil from going rancid faster.

As for the product, it is an amazing makeup remover, facial moisturizer (AM and PM), and hair treatment. Before I get into the shower, I take a quarter size amount of the oil and gently massage it all over my face, paying particularly attention to my cheeks and chin, as this area has always been problematic for me. After massaging the oil into my skin for about a minute or two, depending on how much makeup I am wearing that day, I take a damp muslin cloth and gently wipe away the oil. Afterwards, I typically follow up with Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel and Glycolic Acid Toner. Right before I head to bed, I apply a pea size amount of the oil all over my face and neck. I typically do not apply avocado oil in the morning unless my skin appears dry or dull. Every so often, I apply a pea size amount of the oil on the tips of my hair to nourish it, as I do curl and straighten my hair often. For those who may been wondering, I do not find this product greasy when applied to the hair or skin.

I have been using avocado oil for approximately four months now and have not had any issues with the product. I have not experienced any breakouts or allergic reactions. I am glad I've integrated this product into my beauty regime, as it is multifunctional and affordable. :)

on 7/25/2014 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have combination skin. Dry ageing skin on my cheeks and forehead but oily on nose and chin. I've just recently started using organic, cold pressed Avocado Oil as Make-Up remover, and it functions brilliantly for this. Then I decided to massage the avocado oil into my dry cheeks and forehead at night and this has been working wonders. Now I use all over my body as well with great results. I just decant the oil into a small, dark, glass jar and put it into my bathroom. And after reading about all the virtues of Avocados, I have been making a homemade mask with 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 a tblsp. of organic shea butter, a tsp. of raw organic honey, and a spritz of the juice of half a lime.Leave it in for 20 minutes: WONDERFUL! After this my skin feels very nourished and as soft as velvet. I would willingly pay 100's for a moisterising cream that could do all of this, but 500ml of organic Avocado oil costs all of 13! Next I am going to try out Avocado Oil as a treatment for my hair. Can't wait!

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products