August 31, 2014 | 1676 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Age Defying Artic Cloudberry Radiant Day Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I wanted to like this. It smells lovely. I am such a Lumene fangirl, especially the Vitamin C line, but I don't like this. Like a previous reviewer, it makes me look "sweaty". It also causes rosacea pustules to pop up, by the end of the day. I think it is the high level of TD but don't quote me on that. Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I do like this cream, but I don't love it except in the winter. I have bought the little teeny jars a couple of times, and I love that they always seem to be available. I figure that the product is fresher, and wouldn't be able to use up a big jar.

Lumene is generally a very good brand, and I've been pretty happy with everything I've bought from the line. This is a nice day cream with SPF - it smells lovely and smooths on very easily.

I find that it's very rich, though. It has a tendency to sit on top of my skin, which wouldn't bother me in a night cream. For a day cream, though, I don't like it. By contrast, I find that the Tender Drops cream from Lumene absorbs very well - but it doesn't have SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

OMG were do I start . best moisturizer cream I ever used , I have dry skin and this really helps my skin . it doesn't dry out , I like the smell , its really thick which I like , a little goes a long way and I would really be sad if I ran out of this product , its sold for $3.99 at CVS but I got it for $2.99 because it came with a cleanser and night cream , if I was to run out of this I would go and buy more .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

I really like this cream. My skin is naturally dry and Lumene seems to keep it moisturized and balanced looking. I only buy the tiny sample sizes but a little goes a long way. I love that I can use the tiniest dab to freshen the skin around my eyes during the day as they become tired, dry and worn looking. This is always my "go to" for day moisturizers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to love this.... I really, really do. It has SPF in it (a must), isn't drying (yay) and smells citrusy (bonus!). It absorbs nicely, doesn't break me out or make me itch, and does make my skin look more radiant.

So what's the problem, you ask? It leaves my combination skin looking like a huge oil slick by lunchtime. It looks great for an hour or two, but then my skin develops an oily sheen and my foundation disappears. My skin isn't usually too oily--I'm in my mid 30's. I haven't seen shine like this on my face since I was borrowing my parents' car and trying to sneak into R-rated movies.

This might work for days when I don't want to wear foundation and have some oil-absorbing powder handy, but I'm not sure I'll make it through this entire tub.

*edit* After a friend's 5 year old son told me that I "look sweaty" while wearing this, I'm reducing this to 2 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by hannabananahk

I love the faint citrus scent that comes with this super moisturizing sunscreen. It's not greasy like other sunscreens. For the price, it cannot be beat!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The cream has a nice sheen to it but it is a little thick for underneath makeup and it can be a tad oily. The fragrance is nice and not too powerful. I mainly buy the smaller jar when I travel so I would not choose this for my everyday SPF cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not very moisturizing and it has not-so-good ingredients in it. Gave it to my mom.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I tried this out for weeks and only noticed clogged pores and pimples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've actually purchased the mini version of this day cream twice. I find the size perfect for travel and that little sucker lasts for about a month, which is great. I use at TM with SPF, so it doesn't bother me it has no SPF included. I think it is a great cream and found that my face actually looked a little better when I used this everyday and paired it with the cleanser (nothing dramatic, I just noticed my skin was brighter). It has a pleasant orange-y smell and absorbs very easily into the skin...no greasy feeling post moisturizing. It is probably worth it to buy the large size but ouch!