November 26, 2014 | 1752 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E - Fragrance Free

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very rich, but I bought it thinking it was Fragrance free, which is not! I'm disappointed, will go back to Aveeno.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by andreeadriana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, the ingredients in this product are quite impressive for its price. It's quite rich, more like a body butter consistency and it leaves the skin very smooth and supple. The only downside is a bit of stickiness if I've applied too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NOT fragrance free (are you listening Palmers?). I like the thick texture and find it absorbs quickly and does not wash off with handwashing. This is one of my test of a good moisturiser. The cream is coloured yellow and that does not bother me, though some people may not like it. However, what does bother me is the scent, short-lived though it is. I usually try to be frugal and use up what I have, but this product is spoiling my shower routine, which is my most precious time of the day. I think I really will have to trash this one.
UPDATE: I hung on to this product and am actually adding a lippie, two up to three, because I've realised that the mositurising properties of this product are terrific. It's a very rich cream with a luxurious, long-lasting feel. Were it not for the broken promise over the scent, this would get 5 stars from me for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was given this as a gift from a friend. I have been using it twice a day and do like the texture. It is thick enough to moisturise, but absorbs fairly quickly so I can get dressed quite fast too. It is fragrance free, however there is still a slight scent which is not unpleasant. Good value!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It comes in a pump, which I prefer in body lotions. I got it for under $6 on drugstore.com. I don;t know what the deal is with Palmers "fragrance free" but they are not fragrance free. The original Palmers might smell like peanut butter, which I detest, but the fragrance free version is no better. It has this smell which I cannot stand.

However, this lotion's texture goes on very smoothly and does make my skin smooth without that greasy feeling. It feels good at first application, but in the long run, it does nothing for my skin which gets really cracked and dry in the winter time.

I would not purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go to every day body moisturiser.I dont have dry skin but i adore it. I use it every day when i get out of the shower. It really moisturises and tones the skin. It spreads quite easily despite its thickness, It has the faintest scent of the original but honestly its so minimal and disappears after a minute or two. I hate he original scent because its so strong and artificial and like another reviewer below me has already pointed out, surely it must interfere with your pefume? not to mention leave that srtong, artificial scent on your clothes?. This does everything the original does bar mask you in a very strong artificial scent. Its also incredibly cheap. I just hate that whether its the pump or flip top packaging it is very difficult to get out because its quite thick. I prefer the flip top so i can just leave it standing upside down and allows the product to come out with minimal effort.compared to leaving it right side up or the pump version. It is the packaging that made me give it 4 instead of a 5 lippie. It does take a minute or two to absorb fully but i just brush my teeth during this time and then get dressed. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

As other reviewers have noted, this is might be fragrance free but it still smells of cocoa butter. Luckily the smell fades after a few minutes. The good:

- Really long lasting moisture for the scaly parts of the body such as lower legs and upper arms

The bad:

- So thick that I couldn't get it out of the pump and had to put it in another container to use it

I don't have dry skin in general so only use this on heels, elbows and lower legs. I will continue to rebuy mainly to use on my lower legs to keep them soft and supple in warmer weather when my legs are on display.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by pippapolly

This is great. It gives your body skin exactly what it needs to be healthy and moisturised. Even though it may take longer to absorb than what people may prefer, with this cream I feel it really absorbs deep into the skin as opposed to just the surface layer/s. It really is the perfect lotion for after shaving and/or exfoliating - it is intensively reparing and moisturising and the option to have no fragrance means your skin does not have to be irritated! I also find that it improves my skin tone and texture miles more than any other lotion. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This winter has been exceptionally cold in my part of Canada and my skin has been drier than ever. I've been going through a LOT of body lotion as a result and was hoping to find a more economical alternative to La Roche Posay's Lipikar or Sephora's Supreme Body Butter (which I have to admit is my all time favourite). I'd heard good things about Palmer's and figured I'd give it a try. Well, the one thing this really could use is some SCENT because the unscented version smells like a combination of wet cardboard boxes and smokey ashtray residue - blech. And while this lotion is thick, it doesn't really moisturize all that well and my skin is still itchy, itchy, itchy, even after slathering this stuff on. It is very hard to work into the skin and seems, instead, to sit around on the surface in a thick, sticky residue that seems to "grab" my clothes when I apply this at the gym and then try to get dressed. AND - talk about adding insult to injury - the stupid pump on mine barely works at all. While I might try other Palmer's products (that's a big, qualified "maybe"), I sure won't be buying this one again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. So...it's off to Sephora again for me for more of their body butter!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good body lotion in that it absorbs quickly, non-greasy, and long lasting. I love that it is fragrance free (still a hint of cocoa smell remain) unlike the original lotion.

Love this. Will repurchase.