July 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Body Scrubs - Tree Hut - Coconut Lime Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Best scrub ever! I love this brand and products. This is my favorite scrub from Tree Hut.

Unlike many other scrubs that is a bunch of oil, thick chunks of salt/sugar crystals that's not dense altogether, that scratch more than exfoliate yet leave a thick gross film on the skin, this is different. The sugar grains are the right size, close together, and not a thick oil mess but more bonded by a gel. It scrubs and exfoliates amazingly well and you don't need a whole lot this stuff is in a way concentrated and you get a generous giant tub of this.i prefer a hard thorough scrub and this is perfect to do without scratching me. It rinses off fine and im fascinated to see all the gunk from my body go down the drain leaving me with super smooth skin with no nasty residue. My body absorbs products afterwards much better, perfect before self tanning, cellulite treatments, body butters, oil, etc. you can't beat it's price, so cheap.

I have been using this for some years now, and will continue to do so.

By the way, Did I mention this smells delicious? I love love love coconut and this is like a mini tropical paradise in my shower when I use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by vitalogies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells so yummy, I wish I could eat it! Not the best scrub I've ever used, it's pretty average for the price, but it's good enough. It leaves my skin fairly soft and feeling clean. Not harsh at all on my extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I am a Body Shop snob with body scrubs but I decided to give this a try. I am super impressed with the quality. It is very thick and has tons and tons of sugar unlike some cheap scrubs I have tried in the past.

The only con to this is the smell. I do not smell coconut or lime. No idea what this is supposed to be but I like it anyway. My skin is so soft and I am so relaxed afterwards. My skin drinks in the body cream afterwards. GREAT stuff, definitely will be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

This scrub smells so good! My skin is so soft and smooth after using it. It has the perfect consistency without being harsh or oily. It rinses of easily too. I usually use this scrub 1-2x/week and a tub will last me around 9 months. My sister is prone to ingrown hairs on her legs and she loves this scrub to prevent them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by heytherebeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is really great stuff.

Pros: Cheaper than any other brand I've seen. Really scrubby, just the way I like it :) Leaves my skin seriously soft without being greasy. Gel-like texture so oil doesn't spill all over the tub.

Cons: It starts stinging unless I rinse it off right away. Fairly natural, but still has some chemicals I don't like (but homemade ones attract ants so I'm kind of stuck).

The container doesn't bother me at all; actually I dislike squeeze tubes when it comes to scrubs! To prevent water from getting into it, just open it in a corner of the shower away from the water stream, scoop some with one hand and close the top with the other.

Anecdote: Today I used the scrub on my whole body instead of just one section (I do a different section every day like legs, arms, etc. to save time). No joke, my skin could breathe so well and my blood circulated better and I fell into a deep sleep for like 3 hours! Just had to rinse it off fast because the stinging started.

Seriously, sometimes the scrubbiness just hits the spot! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I seen this at my local Ulta store for $5 and decided to pick it up and I am very impressed. I love lime coconut products they smell aswesome, this product smelled very good and isn't strong, it made my skin soft and beauty, made my moisturizers go on smoother, and this will be my summer must have as far as body scrubs. I will be picking more up very soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I literally just finished a tub of this body scrub and overall I like it. The packaging is cute, I prefer my scrubs in a tub rather than a squeeze tube. The scent doesnt smell anything like coconut lime, like at all, however its not an offensive smell. overall this product does exactly what it should and afterwards my skin always feels perfectly polished. afterwards you will need to apply a moisturizer as it is a little drying. I will repurchase, though I prefer the bath and body works aromatherapy ones that have oil in them, much more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by beckytrawick

Bought this at Walmart today for around $5. I have never bought a sugar scrub before, so I don't really have anything to compare this too other than a DIY one I've used that I found on Pinterest. After buying this, I went home and took an unnessecary shower because I was THAT excited to use it.. WOW. The skin on my legs has never felt so soft and clean. The smell is right on, "Coconut Lime" and the good thing is, the smell doesn't linger in the bathroom for too long either. I really love that this wont attract ants either, unlike the DIY scrub that I used which brought on tons of ants in my bathroom. The packaging is cute and simple, just a twist cap on a thick container. This product was around $5.40 I think, which is pretty cheap for the amount of product that you get. I will definitely be repurchasing now that I found something that makes my legs and the rest of my skin feel SO smooth! I imagine this will be really great to use before shaving your legs or self-tanning to really, deeply exfoliate! 5 Lippies for this product!

This brand also makes a couple other scents as well. I'm going to try the Honey & Almond one next!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a small container of this at Ulta because I hadn't used a sugar scrub for a while, and was pleasantly surprised. The scent is indeed a pleasant lime and coconut, but it doesn't linger after rinsing. I find it to be medium scrubby and only slightly oily, which is great because it left enough residue on the skin that I felt I could do without lotion, but didn't leave the tub/shower a dangerous, slick area or make the towels an oily mess. Also, the lack of excess oil makes it easier to spread on the skin, and there's much less waste. The screw-top packaging is plastic and easy to handle. This is a real winner for the price, and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after seeing many rave reviews from one of my favorite YT beauty gurus. My local store only had the almond, the chocolatey, and this one, coconut lime. I got this as I am not at all a fan of "gourmand" scents. The lime and coconut are nicely balanced and the scent is stronger when water is added than it is in the tub itself. It's less coconut than BBW CLV and not as sweet. I don't find it to be overpowering and it doesn't linger long. The consistency is thinner than VS or BBW scrubs but the sugar doesn't disappear as quickly. It doesn't lather like the other brands, not does it leave an oily residue. It's a great value at $6 for 18 ounces (21 ounces in the "bonus" size tub I found) and I would like to try it in other scents, specifically Tahitian Grass and Lavender Vanilla. If VS stops making their scrubs (or, if they continue to increase the price while decreasing the volume), this could easily become my go-to.