October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Age Shield Hand Cream with Helioplex SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Tais

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though this seemed to be a good product, I was so happy I could have Norwegian Formula w/ SPF30 but I coulnd't stand the smell! unbelivably strong, perfume-y, arghhh... Had to wash my hands immediatly after I noticed that awful smell came from my hands. Hated it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

Terrible. This stuff peels off in clumps after putting it on. I agree with other reviewers that this hand cream is nothing like the original. This cream is much less moisturizing and has the prior mentioned clumping problem. I think I'll just use regular sunscreen on my hands and pass on this crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Chattnchick3

This is a really thick hand cream! It's kinda like spreading cold butter on your hands. But once I rubbed it in it made my hands nice and soft. (I have the worst red,chapped hands.....They could belong to a lizard.) I also like how it has SPF in it.
It has a sun lotion type of smell mixed with baby lotion. Its really not that bad of a smell. It was around cheap around five dollars but I will not repurchase because I finally tried the L'Ocattine (sorry if I didn't spell that right) 20% hand cream and that is my HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this hoping for a good moisturizer for my hands and sun protection, but for me it did not deliver at all:
- Not moisturizing or emollient
- Weird sticky consistency
- Strong, unpleasant "chemical" smell
Overall: Disappointing, especially since many Neutrogena products, especially their cleansers, work so well for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this would be a good product to protect my hands from signs of aging. The consistency of this product is similar to glue. It also smells awful. When you put this on, it doesn't feel moisturizing at all. In fact, after rubbing it in, my hands feel dry. Also, sometimes it causes a sort of "sloughing" effect where little flakes of skin or something come off as well.

This product might be protecting my hands from sun, but it feels so darn horrible that I am going to throw it away - which I normally wouldn't do after spending $6 on a small tube. You could save your money and just put sunscreen all over your hands--it would feel the same. Yuck!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by dpav

As a drugstore hand cream, this hand cream is very expensive considering the tiny amount of product you get. I got this hand cream because of my good experience with the original Norwegian formula. So I thought this hand cream will deliver the same level of miniaturization as the original formula. But I was wrong. This is nothing comparable to the original formula. This one has a s/s smell that I truly don't like, and it doesn't moisturize well. Will have to look for another hand cream. Or, buy a good hand cream, and use a s/s on top of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Useless and totally a rip off. You can use any hand cream on your hands, you don't need an "age shield" hand cream!
If you really want young looking hands, moisturize your hands with any lotion and always wear sunscreen on your hands!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

UGH...I can't get over the smell...BARF! It goes on kinda greasy/filmy, but seems to moisturize okay and I like that it has sun protection. It's been like over an hour since I've applied and I can still smell it (and my hand is not even near my nose).

Gonna return this ASAP!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

First of all this stuff is nothing like the original Norwegian formula hand cream, so I really resent the fact that they made it seem like it would be, trying to capitalize on the popularity of the original to pawn this crap on us.
Overall this cream sucks majorly. I donít know how they managed to make a cream that is simultaneously greasy and drying. It also smells horrible.
I really hate this product, so the search for a good hand cream with full spectrum sun protection continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by michele2000n3

eh. a ton of hype lately... bought it... feels like i have sunscreen on my hands. feels like you have t buy a moistrizer for your hands after you already have put lotion on. go buy some cheaper sunscreen and slab it on then use your fav hand cream, you'd be better off