Vivant - Mandelic Acid Toner 3%

on 12/28/2013 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I recently got a free 2 oz. sample of this toner with a Dermstore.com order. I loved it so much, I ended up ordering a full-size (4 oz.) bottle. Surprisingly - considering the harsh ingredients - this toner is not at all drying or irritating on my face. It gently exfoliates and helps keep my skin clear and smooth. The only drawback to this product is the price: $44 for 4 oz. & $79.50 for 16 oz. Ouch!

Ingredients: water, alcohol denat, propylene glycol, witch hazel extract, mandelic acid, polysorbate 20, sodium lactate, sodium PCA, glycine, fructose, urea, niacinamide, sodium benzoate, lactic acid.

on 5/19/2012 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG toner! Mandelic acid is an AHA, and it works wonderfully at lightly chemically exfoliating my face. Its brilliant. It keeps my skin smooth and clear. The first time I used it, I was shocked at how immediately (the very next morning!) my skin looked and felt. The smell, to be honest, is like pure alcohol. Its very strong and makes my eyes and nose burn when I use too much on a cotton round. Despite that, its the most wonderful product I've discovered.

on 12/11/2008 8:34:00 PM

i use this toner too n i love it.
it makes my skin so smooth and glowing... i'm on my second bottle.

on 4/24/2008 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's been hard for me to find any reviews on Vivant's skincare line, so I'm starting my own. Mandelic acid is becoming the new breakthrough in skincare, especially for acne sufferers like me. Mandelic is an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that dissolves the intercellular “glue” that binds dead skin cells to the surface. It also has antibacterial properties that will unclog pores while at the same time stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to revel a smooth, clear even-toned complexion. I love this toner. It's evened out my complexion. It's not harsh like witch hazel toners or Vivant's other clarifying toners. It's also helped to alleviate breakouts. My skin doesn't tolerate BHAs well, but I still needed an AHA to exfoliate. I tolerate glycolic acids fairly well, but they have a tendency to sting. With this toner, it's very mild and effective with treating my skin problems. I will continue to user this because I see that my skin as very positive results with it. After I acclimate to this, I'll probably ramp up to the 9% solution later.