Serious Skin Care SuperMel C

2.8

Water, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, C14- 22 Alcohols, C12-20 Alkyl Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, C14-22 Alcohol, Myristyl Glucoside, Mrthylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crossploymer, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, FD&C Yellow #6 FD&C Red #40.

on 9/15/2012 11:28:00 AM

I might be on my own here, but I LOVE Super Mel C Cocktail and this is a staple in my skin care regime.

I first bought this in a moment of weakness 2 years ago, when I was home sick with the flu, was awake at an unholy hour in the morning, and had my brain weakened by infomercials. I was enamored with SOD from all the Cindy Crawford Meaningful Beauty commercials and then flipped to HSN while they were having a Serious Skincare special.

Super Mel C was part of a 6 or 7 piece kit was unbelievably inexpensive. 3 or 4 of the products included contained SOD, but they were in little microbeads that burst on your skin during application. I loved the idea that the SOD was better in these products because they were protected in the capsules instead of mixed in to the base product and left to oxidize once the product had been opened.

2 years later, I have repurchased Super Mel C Cocktail twice in other kits. I have a 4oz tube on my beauty bench in the bathroom and reach for it most mornings. I travel 3-4 times per month for work, and have a 2oz tube in my office and another in my travel case. I refuse to be without it. Even when my skin is irritated from a flareup, this is gentle enough to use. It has a slight fruity scent to it. I think it smells like melon, but that might be a subconscious association to the SOD.

Super Mel C Cocktail moisturizes my skin, soothes my skin when its irritated, and creates a smooth base for my powder foundation. I also use the crème when my skin is drier, but its too moisturizing for most days at this stage in my skin. I use a dime to nickel size amount of product in the morning, dot it across my cheeks, forehead, and chin, and then apply in a firm, upward, circular motion until the microbeads have burst and all the product has been absorbed into my skin. The results are smooth, soft, and not the slightest bit greasy. Will continue to repurchase.

About Me: I’m a skin care junkie and like to mix and match my skin care products everyday to use whatever my skin needs at that time. I have very very sensitive skin and suffer from a sun allergy, eczema, and contact dermatitis. When I do break out or have irritation, the dreaded hyperpigmentation follows. So I run the gamut on skin care products on the search for the next big thing that doesn’t irritate my skin.

on 3/27/2009 10:22:00 PM

Now this Serious Skin Care product I LOVE! It does make a difference on my skin...I have bought this again.

This is gross! Luckily I got a sample packet of this so I didn't waste $ on it. It feels extremely grainy on the skin, almost like your skill in "pilling" off. It never fully absorbs and just sits on top of the skin. It's gross! I threw the sample away and would never purchase this junk.

on 1/18/2009 1:28:00 AM

This product totally underwhelmed me. I was very disappointed & wanted to like it. First, it has a strong perfume to it--too strong for anyone sensitive to fragrances, especially synthetic ones. I found that it was greasy, took way too long to sink in and did not do anything for my skin. I was bummed!

on 9/16/2008 12:01:00 AM

Cant figure out exactly what this is supposed to do. When you apply the serum it has tiny little beads that just never seem to dissolve. It has a grainy texture that does not feel good on my face.

on 4/24/2008 6:43:00 PM

I have changed my opinion on this product.

When applying I took the time to press it into my skin and then it didn't sit on it staying white. After a week I am very pleased with this cream. My make up goes on smoothly over it. It has just the right amount of moisture for my over 40 skin without being too heavy. I look forward to using the serum and eye cream that came with the kit.

The odor wasn't the cream, it was the plastic wrap around the cream bottle.

It was inexpensive as part of a kit. Purchased separately it is a little pricey.