September 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Burt's Beeswax Moisturizing Night Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by totokoko

This moisturizer did not sink into my skin at all and even caused stress break outs.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by makemeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my facial skin is dehydrated badly, not flaking or anything like that, but prematurely aging due to harsh treatments, in addition to this winter weather. =( this lasted through the whole night but my skin still felt tight showing dehydration lines. it just sat on top of my skin & didn't absorb. maybe it's swell for just plain dry, flakey skin. i tried using it in the morning mixed with a liquid moisturizer and still just sat there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a great night cream! After using so many types of moisturizers, I'm so happy to find something that doesn't have to be ordered online or shipped from another country. I have really dry skin, and on top of it moved to a really cold region in Canada, so my skin has been feeling tight and flaky for the past few years until a few weeks (!) when I finally decided to give the whole Burt's Bees line a try.
I also have the day moisturizing cream and the royal jelly eye cream. I like the smell and love that it's based in natural ingredients. Whenever I try eating or using organic/natural things, I tend to break out, but not with Burt's Bees. I don't think I'll ever switch back to one of those expensive lines again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by glagodmos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

During a bout of exceptionally dry weather I felt like my skin was going to peel off my face, and knew I needed to find a super moisturizer for night time. (Normally, my skin is "normal" and just slightly dry during the winter.) I've also been trying to be better about buying products with ingredients I recognize, so I ended up with this Burt's Bees beeswax night cream. Love it! It's a bit thick to apply, and feels a bit thick/greasy after applying, but it leaves my skin feeling sooo soft and moisturized the next morning. it's definitely not something i could use year-round, or during the day (too greasy) but is perfect for those dry winter nights. I might also be able to use it just for the dryest areas (like under my eyes) during warmer months. It's a small jar, but I've found that I only need a small amount, so it should last a good long while, which makes the price fairly reasonable. The smell reminds me of the old cold creams - a bit old lady-ish perhaps, but I didn't think it was overpowering or offensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sauerkraut888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have REALLY dry skin, so I've been looking for a decent night cream (with natural ingredients, since I have to use it every day) for AGES. After trying several brands, I think I've finally found my HG night cream!

The only thing I don't really care for is the smell. It's sort of a waxy / artificial kind of smell, which I'm not particularly fond of. This cream would probably be too much for oily or normal skin, but it definitely works wonders on me, since it really helped me getting rid of some ugly acne scars and all those annoying dryness wrinkles! Yay! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not super impressed with this moisturizer. Its just not moisturizing enough for my satanically dry skin. That being said, neither are 99.9 other creams out there. All in all its passable I use it during the day for now. At night I use the evening primrose which is sooooo good at keeping my thirsty skin quenched. I also use the naturally ageless serum and the attar of rose serum so that helps. This might be ok for mildly dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by sollieday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG skin cream is Chantecaille Flower Harmonizing cream, and every so often I try something else closer to nature and less expensive to see if I can wean myself from the Chantecaille in order to economize. This cream is working just fine. I am halfway through my second jar and my skin is pretty happy. I get the occasional clogged pore, but I don't really care about that. I get clogged pores from everything, even though my skin is extremely dry and extremely sensitive. I guess I need to exfoliate more, but because I am so sensitive, this is very problematic.

Anyway, I chose this cream because it is natural with a simple ingredient list, as the other reviewer noted. Additionally, it does not contain chamomile or other flowers of the field, which tend to give me allergic reactions. I use the night cream day and night.

I agree about the packaging, which I consider unsanitary. I wish it was a pump, but it is so thick I don't see how it could be put in a pump without changing the formulation, which would surely take away its mojo. So, I scrub my hands very well before using or use a cotton swab to get some cream out of the jar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first night creme that I've been able to use that doesn't irritate my skin after a few weeks. It absorbs quickly, smells nice and when I wake up in the morning my face feels plump and smooth but not oily. I wish it didn't come in a jar that I have to dip my fingers into, as I'd rather have a pump that I could use to get the product out. I think it's very affordable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I've tried most of Burt's Bees moisturizers, and I like this the best. It's very emollient (sweet almond oil is the first ingredient). Ingredients separate though, so I used to mix them with a cosmetic spatula. I like that it has relatively few ingredients in comparison to other face creams. The fewer ingredients, the less chance there is of irritation to my dry and sensitive skin. Unfortunately, it comes in an unsanitary jar and I'm trying to avoid this type of packaging.