October 24, 2014 | 1715 users online

Eye Shadow - Lise Watier - Eye shadow Quartet "Les Peacock"

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really pretty quad. A friend loaned it to me while we were doing stage makeup for a Samba show because I had peacock feather earrings on as my "costuming" for the show. Gorgeous colours, felt so nice on. I'd like to pick this one up for my own makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jandi

One of my favorite palettes from Lise Watier. The teal is gorgeous for a pop of color, and the pink is a beautiful grown-up pink, that looks feminine without making you look pink eyed. Creamy texture, and blends like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by FireWeaver

I got this item in a swap, and I'm pretty satisfied overall.

I don't use all the colours together, but tend to treat them as individual pigments to use with my other shadows. Personal taste perhaps...using the pink and then the teals makes me feel like a watermelon.

For certain days, the matte bone colour works pretty well as a base. I tend to go for more shimmery since sometimes a very matte light colour looks more like lotion that didn't get rubbed in, but it does function well when blended in properly. I love the pink (and I hate pink) because of it's darker, Victorian like hue, which gives my eyes a pretty elegant look.

The light and dark teals work well together on different sections of the eye, and give off a very nice pearly effect that changes in the light. I would only say that it's a little hard to tell how even it's being put on because of that sometimes. The light teal I have to be careful with because it's really light when it first goes on, and if I'm not paying attention, I can go too far.

I do wish the dark teal did look more like it does on the palette though. I like getting stronger colours BECAUSE they are stronger. But perhaps it's better that it can look more natural, and then with more layers it gets stronger. Allows more variety. I have experimented with more layers yet, but I will soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by karmacat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought it for the turquoise but ended up using only the matte, off-white colour as an all-over base! Beautiful colours that would look beautiful on brown or hazel eyes, but unfortunately they're too matchy-matchy for my already aqua-ish eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jenmae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Verrryyy pretty. I have brown eyes and this works beautifully with them. Highly pigmented, so no need to apply layers of this eyeshadow. I do wish the highlighter colour was shimmery, but it does the job. The dark green is great to use as a liner as well. Try it, it's worth the $30.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This was not only my very first Lise Watier product, but also my very first swap! My friend, an aqua eyed red-head had bought it for herself, and I had bought myself that same day a Lise Watier quad in olive/khaki greens, sienna and champagne. After getting dolled up, we realized we had gone against "The Rules" and matched the greens in our eye shadows to the greens in our eyes. And voila, a swap was born!

Well, if that wasn't a brilliant lead into colour, I don't know what is. The first of the four lovelies is a deep shimmery algae-marine teal, very peacock like. The second shade is a lighter version of this, minus the marine and add jade. I should have been a colour chemist. It is a dark, shimmery jade. The third shade is a gorgeous, surprising and it works REALLY well, shimmery neutral medium rose (it's not pinky, not brown either, not really beige. it has all it it!). The last shade is my least favourite, though it serves its purpose. A matte bone ivory that is suitable for highlighting the brow bone only. Because it is matte, completely, it will only work there. These shades are great to wear together, but I usually wore them one at a time, with another neutral, as they are such strong shades.

The texture of Lise Watier eye shadows is truly divine. I have recently started collecting their singles anctually prefer them to the quads. The pigment is outrageous! The shadows with shimmer tended to work better for me than the bone. All the shadows glide on easily, feel like silk and cause no irritation whatsoever. The colour is true and lasts for hours. As I get older and my eyes demand more moisture my make-up tends to slide off throughout the day. Lise lasts longer than other brands and looks better

There was no detectable scent. I would not buy this again, only because it does not suit me. It's meant for someone with cool skin and I have warm skin. It's really
beautiful though and the shades are so unique! I would have loved to have kept it, just for the pink shade, but up for swap it went Miss you, I do Les Peacock.

Last but not least, the packaging. This quad comes in a silver, round, plastic outer compact with a good sized mirror and brushes. Very portable and seemingly well made. I've had no problems With any Lise Watier products at all. It's not cutsey, but it is rather attractive. I would not be embarrassed to pull this out on the buss. Well maybe. Who does eye shadow on the bus?

I'm taking off one lippy for the finish of the bone/ivory shade. A Satin finish would have been better for brow bone, inner eye, middle lid higlighting. Other than that, this is a gorgeous collection for (not olive eyed) cool skinned caucasian ladies and women of colour.

Lise Watier has gorgeous quads and singles. The pigment the best I've seen yet and I have a box filled with overpriced cosmetics. The ingredients are good and the packaing is innovative. I found my Holy Grail Foundation in Lise! Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisturizing Foundation SPF 20. The best magic potion to ever grace my face! Chocolat is the perfect ultra-rich eyeshadow for smoky brown eyes and it lasts all day and night - stunning and easy to apply. If you haven't tried Lise Watier yet, I recommend you treat yourself to a new addiction!