July 30, 2014 | 1990 users online

Deodorants - Green Beaver Company

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by hebamo

The deodorant I'm reviewing is for Wild Yam. As another review said, this stuff smells great on it's own, but is awful to use. I notice I smell terrible when I use it and it doesn't cover up my "sweat" smell at all. It's been making me extremely self conscious for the past few days I've been using it, so I won't be using it anymore. The only redeeming quality is that it didn't leave any residue on my clothes, which was good. I've used the deodorant crystal before and it works better than this stuff. I do not recommend this stuff AT ALL. I'd much rather go back to regular antiperspirant than use this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing Green Beaver Natural Deodorant in Wild Yam. I'm no stranger to natural deodorants and I have to say this is the absolute worst one I've ever used. It smells great, goes on clear, doesn't cost an arm and a leg (I paid $6.99), but that's where the good ends. It magically makes my body odor worse than if I didn't wear deodorant at all. I thought it was all in my head at first, so of course I experimented. I went without deo and it was not good, but I didn't reek. I went out with this stuff on and I reeked. I kept trying it hoping that my body just needed to acclimate, but no dice. I wear this, sweat and STINK. It actually amplifies my stench. It's unfortunate because what am I going to do now with this except throw it away? I'm going back to using plain coconut oil until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this deodorant in the unscented Sport 24 version. I've been using it for about a month, and I really like it. However, I've never really had a problem with wetness or odor, so I can't give an accurate report on how well it works for someone who really needs an effective product.

I like the ingredients, the texture, the absence of scent and how it actually moisturizes my skin. I used to use Dove and I would always have these little red bumps under my armpits. I thought they were from shaving, but I realized they were from my deodorant when I switched from Dove to Green Beaver. I think maybe the scent was irritating my skin.

I recommend this product to someone looking for a natural product, who doesn't have a big issue with wetness or odor, and who has found other deodorants irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Citrus deodorant from The Green Beaver.

I normally buy antiperspirants because I sweat more than I smell. But after some research, I realized that antiperspirants were bad for your body because it blocks your sweat glands. Which is fine, because your body is able to redirect all that sweat to like your other thousands of sweat glands. However, after prolong usage of antiperspirants, it may damage your sweat glands in your armpits. Also, I found out that a lot of the ingredients in deodorants and antiperspirants are really bad for your body, and can lead to breast cancer and other sorts of health problems. So natural products were the way to go!

I wanted to find an all natural antiperspirant, but I guess those don't exist. So I had approached a sales associate at a health food store to inquire if all their natural deodorant had any wetness protection. She said "Yes, it should". Then I went on to ask her what the difference between an antiperspirant and a deodorant were. She said "Nothing, they are the same stuff". Well I took her word for it and bought the product. Turns out she was wrong. I've had a pretty hard day at work today and I did feel wetness in my armpit area, so this deodorant does not protect against wetness. I don't normally have strong BO, so I can't say that it did a good job deodorizing my almost nonexistent BO.

It does sting after applying it on your freshly shaved armpits, but it doesn't last for very long. If you're like me and don't need to shave under your arms everyday, this deodorant actually gives off a very nice soothing and cooling effect after application, which only lasts like 5 seconds. The other thing I don't like about this product is that it feels.... almost... STICKY after application. I don't know why it feels that way, but it doesn't rub off onto my shirts so I guess it is bearable. Plus, if it did, it's a clear stick so I wouldn't really be able to tell anyway! Another thing, the scent of the deodorant doesn't stick around for very long, so it almost makes me wonder if it's still hanging around under my arms. I would not repurchase this as I think I will experiment with other all natural deodorants to find one that I like better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I'VE TRIED AND HAVE BEEN USING DR. MIST FOR 2 MONTHS NOW. IT IS THE BEST!!! I WOULD USE GREEN BEAVER IF DR. MIST WASN'T AROUND. PLS SEE MY REVIEW.

This review is for the 24hour Extra Protection Rosewood Deodorant.
The fact is, I need extra protection from my Deodorant. I've tried Dove, Adidas, Lady Speed Stick, Mitchum, Secret, Byly, Jason, Lavilin, Avalon, Nature's Gate, Kiss My Face.... to name a few. I prefer to use natural deodorant to avoid the toxins, but none have stood to the test without layering different brands and reapplying throughout the day. It's come to such a point that even Dove and Adidas FAILED me!

So imagine my astonishment and shock when Green Beaver, 24hour Extra Protection Rosewood Deodorant - in it's non-flashy packaging proved to be an AMAZING Deodorant. It's rather hot weather now and I've worked up a sweat and this puppy still works! Also - NO WHITE RESIDUE! My only only complaint would be a little stinging when first applied on freshly shaved pits.. but given how it works, I'm willing to suck it up. I'm also prone to getting clogged pores or sweat glands, and I haven't had a problem with Green Beaver at all!!!

So in general, I've been using Green Beaver products for the past 3months, and I am utterly blown away! This company is totally lemming worthy! I do not work for this company, I am just utterly blown away! See my reviews for their Frosty Mint Toothpaste and their Cranberry Shampoo.

What I LOVE about this Company and their products is:
- natural ingredients and you KNOW that there are no nasty chemicals like Aluminium Chloride, Propylne Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Suphate, Parabens etc. With other companies like Jason or Avalon etc, you still have to read the ingredients.. with Green Beaver, all you have to do is just pick up the bottle and go!
- yah it's natural .. but bleedin' hell IT WORKS!!
- if you want to be green and help save the planet - and damn it, still look good (and smell good), without having to think or try to hard, I wholeheartedly recommend Green Beaver!
- obviously not a whole lotta money was spent on packaging.. the packing isn't pretty and work just fine, but this translates into savings for me, and a great ingredient list.

Here's what Green Beaver says about their Deodorants:

Perspiration is an important, natural bodily function, helping to regulate body temperature and eliminate toxins from the body. Perspiration odour develops primarily as a result of bacterial growth. The perspiration feeds bacteria on our skin which produce unpleasant odours. Thus the introduction of antiperspirants and deodorants.

Antiperspirants contain an aluminium based compound such as aluminium chlorohydrate whose function is to clog the sweat glands in order to minimize perspiration. Some antiperspirants contain as much as 25% aluminium chlorohydrate. Health Canada classifies antiperspirants as drugs because they modify a normal body function. Recent scientific studies have questioned the role of aluminum with Alzheimer’s disease. Deodorants contain preservatives, antibacterial ingredients, perfumes and dyes that prevent bacteria on our skin from growing, thus inhibiting the development of bad odour. Recent scientific studies have questioned the role of chemical preservatives called parabens and breast cancer.

The Green Beaver Company manufactures natural antibacterial deodorants. They contain a unique antibacterial complex of natural enzymes such as citrus extract, lichen and other odour preventing botanicals, as well as grapefruit seed extract. We not use artificial antibacterial agents, fragrances, dyes or chemical preservatives. We added aloe and chamomile to help soothe sensitive and damaged or burning skin resulting from shaving. Our natural deodorants go on clear, will not leave any white residue and are also not mushy or too hard.

Available in five natural fragrances from Mother Nature’s garden (lavender, citrus, tea tree, rosewood, wild yam). We also have an unscented natural deodorant.

Our products are safe for the whole family including babies.
100% NATURAL, BIODEGRADABLE, VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE

They do not contain:
Aluminum, paraben or hydantoin preservatives, propylene glycol, artificial aromas, fragrances or dyes, phthalates, quaternium, EDTA, propylene glycol, petrolatum or silicone, artificial antibacterial agents, fragrances, dyes or chemical preservatives.