October 20, 2014 | 750 users online

Shampoo - Green Beaver Company

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I am a big fan of the Green Beaver Company, loving several of their other products, such as their green tea facial moisturizer and their entire line of toothpaste, I hate their shampoos. I have severely abused, bleached platinum blonde Asian hair, and this shampoo was verrrry drying. Now, of course I have severely abused, bleached platinum blonde Asian hair, so there are other reasons for my hair being dry as well - I can't place the sole blame of my recent breakage and dryness on this shampoo. However, I am disappointed that the impressive-sounding natural ingredients list of this product resulted in one of the most drying shampoos I have ever used. Maybe this would be alright for folk with normal hair, but my hair needs a much gentler shampoo. I have had better luck with Green Beaver's conditioners, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by biscotte

I agree!
I have tried many green beaver products and loved them all.

The shampoo is excellent. Compared to other natural shampoos, this one is the best. It lathers well, doesn't tangle up the hair and rinses off perfectly. I use the Apple mint shampoo and conditionner regularly.

I also love their eye makeup remover. Works very well and doesn't sting at all. You can use it for a all over face wash, or only for the eyes. I use it only for the eyes as it is a bit too rich for my oily skin.
The grapefruit face wash is better for me. The grapefruit cleansing gel is also great to use with my clarisonic Mia.

I have always been satified with the green beaver products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the Rejuvenating Cranberry Shampoo. Does a great job of cleaning my hair without overstripping. Works great! Fragrance is not overpowering.

I've been using Green Beaver products for the past 3months, and I am utterly blown away! This company is totally lemming worthy! I do not work for this company, I am just utterly blown away! See my reviews for their Frosty Mint Toothpaste and their 24hour Extra Protection Rosewood Deodorant.

What I LOVE about this Company and their products is:
- natural ingredients and you KNOW that there are no nasty chemicals like Sodium Lauryl Suphates, Parabens etc. With other companies like Jason or Avalon etc, you still have to read the ingredients.. with Green Beaver, all you have to do is just pick up the bottle and go!
- yah it's natural .. but bleedin' hell IT WORKS!!
- if you want to be green and help save the planet - and damn it, still look good, try Green Beaver!
- obviously not a whole lotta money was spent on packaging.. the packing isn't pretty and work just fine, but this translates into savings for me, and a great ingredient list.
- great ingredient list!! CRANBERRY REJUVENATING SHAMPOO
Aqua/Water/Eau, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Coco Betaine, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil*, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil*, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil*, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil*, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract*, Achillea Millefolium Extract*, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water*, Comptonia Peregrina Water*, Ledum Groenlandicum Water*, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Juice*, Hydrolized Soy Protein, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf Stem/ Extract*, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Water*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Vinegar*, Cetrimonium Chloride, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Citric Acid, Tocopherol, Aroma**, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract
* CERTIFIED ORGANIC OR ECOLOGICALLY WILD CRAFTED
** AROMA BLEND 100% MADE FROM PLANTS

Here's what Green Beaver says about their Shampoos and Conditioners (taken from: http://www.greenbeaver.com/ingredients/hair_care)

We want to keep you, your family and our environment safe. That is why we are introducing products made with Canadian ingredients that are organically grown or ecologically wildcrafed from coast to coast. Our newest products include shampoos and conditioners. They are available in three natural essences; Wild P.E.I. Cranberries, Apple Mint from Nova Scotia’s Annapolis valley and Wildcrafted Lavender from B.C. Our shampoos and conditioners will help add volume, keep your hair lustrous and shiny, or will moisturize and rejuvenate your hair. For a healthy scalp, all our hair products are enriched with with wild Canadian yarrow, willow-herb, sweet fern and Labrador tea.

What are the benefits of using wild and organic Canadian ingredients?

To reduce the amount of pesticides being poured onto our land and environment. By using our products made with organic Canadian ingredients, you are encouraging more Canadian farmers to go organic. That's a good thing for all!
To cut down on pollution. Using local ingredients instead of importing them from far away burns less transport fuel thus pollutes less. Go local wherever you can!
Our products are safe for the whole family including babies.
100% NATURAL, BIODEGRADABLE, VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE

They do not contain:
Paraben or hydantoin preservatives, sulfate detergents, artificial aromas, fragrances or dyes, phthalates, quaternium, EDTA, propylene glycol or petrolatum.

The majority (>95%) of the ingredients used for our new products (shampoos, conditioners, body washes and lotions) are organically grown or ecologically wild crafted here in Canada. A small minority of the ingredients do not come from Canada (<5%). Why? Certain essential ingredients such natural preservatives are simply not grown in Canada. We utilize natural preservatives from citrus fruits. We have not been able to find an effective natural preservative that comes only from plants grown here in Canada but we are working on it.