April 18, 2014 | 2010 users online

Eye Shadow - beauty from the earth

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl

these are the bomb! plentifull amout for the price! seriously! I haven't had any issues with this company! and the colors are to die for ! these are so good tge can defiantly stand up to Mac any day!! I will def buy from them again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these! The range of colors alone is fantasitc, and the products are of high quality. As for how much you get . . . previous reviewers are right. However, how much do you really need? I use these all the time, and I think I've only run out of one because I spilled it. I've had them probably longer than I should keep any make-up lol. I love the way they apply and blend, and when you use a base, they will stay on throughout the day with only minimal fading. Seriously, I walked around everywhere in this for more than five hours, and it barely faded.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered like 8 samlples in the little jars from them and I LOVE THEM! Im really impressed with these, they are so easy to use. Great pigmentation and what you see is what you get with the colors. They go on really easy and even, they arent blotchy and they blend so well. You can also use them wet and it makes them look soo amazing. I've tried other mineral shadows in the past and I hated them so I was really optimistic about me liking these but I really really do. Im going to order some full size jars from the website as soon as I can. These are really great to have around or as a part of your collection. I really loved all the colors that I got and they sent me a free little baggie sample of a color called FireDancer which was cute to. My favorite color that I got was probably Isis or Heat if I HAD to pick but they are all beautiful! I will def purchase more, I cant wait!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

Ok so for mineral shadows, they suckers are actually a great find! I have ususally been dissapointed when trying out stuff reccomended by popular youtube gurus, however these shadows are so great, and I got 3 of them for 9 bucks with shipping which is even better. I love the pigmentation, staying power is of that of any mineral shadow, not super long but less long than a pressed shadow. They are very good for the price and if you get the shadow of the day it is 2 dollars, they come in very small little pots similar to the amount in a smaller bare minerals shadow but for the price I would say it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beauty From The Earth offers a large range of mineral pigments for an amazing price ($6 for a full 5g jar) The colours are so vibrant & beautiful. Their consistency is rather creamy, they apply so easily and blending with them is almost effortless. A great alternative to those seeking high-end quality makeup for a drugstore brand price. Definitely something all makeup junkies & newbies should look into. I've been a total MAC snob up until a few years ago & BTFE has yet to disappoint.

EDIT: Once I read the review left by the user below concerning how much product you actually get, I've changed my scores. She was right, I was under the impression that I was getting a 5g jar that was filled for $6, but it's barely a 1/2 tsp. What a bummer. ;< I would purchase again, though...if the colours were right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh man! I am in LOVE with these!!! After seeing numerous videos on youtube that used these I decided to give them a try myself. They are 6.50 per eyeshadow which isn't too bad for the quality you get. The website has tons of colors rangining from neon to neutral. I ordered lemon, strawberry, green apple and blueberry. Each color is very VERY pigmented and beautiful. I use a base when I apply these and apply them wet OR dry. Either way they have great staying power and last all day. Whenever I wear these people always give me compliments and wonder where I got them. You can also use these as lip/face/nail color as well. I think everyone should go get some of these. You will LOVE them!!!

Ps, I don't know what the reviewer below was saying about spending 50 dollars but mine were 6.50 USD each.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the shades that this mineral makeup company makes, but I won't purchase from them again. The quality is high, they are finely milled with good lasting power, have a beautiful range of colors, and come in sifter jars. I have purchased from several companies, and most sell either 3-gram or 5-gram containers, and most fill them plentifully. Fyrinnae fills them to overflowing. Beauty from the Earth, however, sells ONE-gram amounts in a five gram container for $6.50. When I took a look at the jars, I was really shocked. Out of 10 jars, two were filled as I had expected them to be, maybe 20% down from the sifter lid on the rim. All of the others had no more than 1/2 teaspoon of the "multi-purpose minerals," with two of them around 1/3 tsp. These were not sample jars; I bought full-size jars. This was not settling during shipment. It's just an amazingly teensy amount for the price. Seriously, when you stop to think about it, a MAC container has several times that amount, so if you figure BFTE mineral prices accordingly it's hugely expensive. They are pretty, but wow. I won't be buying them again. It's pretty shocking.

For those who'd like to hear about the colors, though, here goes. I've tried just two so far...

Apple Blossom: beautiful baby pink with wonderful luster.

Whisper: Wow, really unique. It's a pale, pale peach with lavender luster when the light hits it.

Sigh. I really wish that I had known about the amounts. I would never have spent the $50 for these. Heck.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No