October 24, 2014 | 1020 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast in Forever Fawn

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a nudish, MLBB shade for sometime. And, most traditional lipsticks slide off my lips within an hour (except MAC Prolongwear lipcolor). For now, Forever Fawn meets my needs. I am really enjoying wearing it as my daytime pinky-nude.

One of the benefits of reading MUA is that, with a little research, I can usually substitute DS cosmetics in place of HE makeup. MAC is now out of my price range. CoverGirl is not, esp. as CVS always has some sort of BOGO or BeautyBucks deal.

PRO:
Dries rather quickly
Goes on rather easily and does not bleed - a little goes a long ways
Very economical
Has nice pink, nude undertones that compliment my NW15 skin
Last much longer than any other DS lipcolor that I have found
Does not transfer to coffee cups, forks, etc.
Depending on how much I use, the texture is between sheer and matte
Moisturizing top coat is fun and easy
Last 3-4 hours on me, which is much longer than the Revlon Colorstay and Maybelline products I have tried

CON:
Even though I did a lot of research, the Forever Fawn color (on me) does not reflect what's on the CG website or even the packaged product - it is much browner on the website and on the package. (The other color I bought, Blossom Berry, 555, is much darker on me than it suggests on the website - borderline deep.) If I had gone solely by the packaging and marketing, I would have never purchased Forever Fawn.
The smell is horrid, toxic waste horrid, and it does not fade until the lipcolor completely dries.
Last 3-4 hours on me, even if my lips don't touch a thing in that time

I will keep looking for a product that resembles this shade, smells better and has more staying power. Until then, I am very ok with considering this my MLBB choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been buying this product/ color for 6 or 7 years. I love it. Great for days when you can't touch up. It is mildly drying but I don't mind it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by kristikreme

On the positive end, Forever Fawn is a beautiful color. As others have described, it's a pink/brown based tone which is very flattering. I suspect that it would look nice on any skin tone. However, the quality of the product itself is terrible. It tends to flake within a short period of time. It's also difficult to reapply because there would still be remnants of the product on your lips. Basically, I wouldn't repurchase despite how much I like the color. If anyone can let me know of a similar color, I would highly appreciate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this one paticular shade, because of the slight pink/nude shade. Just enough color for you to know it's there. I think the consistancy of the formula could be improved but it you apply it lightly & let it dry then follow up with a waxy lip balm it will last most of the day. I never use the clear top coat because it is alittle greasy. I think the shade is a love it or hate it. I tend to pick nude colors anyway with a strong eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by kat71283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is really awesome. It's a pinkish nude color that compliments my skin tone. However, I hate how the color cracks, feathers, and flakes off. When I was putting on the color coat, I literally felt like I was painting my lips. As it was drying, it would crack. The second clear coat is very moisturizing, but I could still see the cracks in the lip color. I'm not planning to buy this product again. It was a waste of $8.00.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I don't use this shade unless I'm trying too lighten a darker color. Alone it is a very light brown based pink. It is lighter than my lip color and I don't care for it on me. If you like a nude lip try it, otherwise maybe skip this for a deeper shade

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jupel76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice nude lip colour on me. The wear is okay, it would start coming off around the edges if you're eating something particularly greasy. As this is a lighter colour, it's as not as noticeable as a deeper one. The top coat that comes with it is okay, a non-petroleum clear lipgloss also works well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ah63

Nice formula, but too light-colored for me--MMM/LOLA. Nice beigey-pink for lighter skin tones. Very natural. Made me look like a freak, but I'm glad it's worked for so many of you!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2004 3:38:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

This is what i've been looking for. It's a long lasting lip color (lasts the whole entire day!) and i found the perfect color match, which is more exciting than the product because i have two more that i bought before this one (colors are 611, which is little to red/dark and permapink, which is just shimmer and a slight touch of cool pink that doesn't fit my skin tone)that didn't work with me so i stopped buying outlast until i saw these reviews. "Forever fawn" is a perfect ylbb shade. it makes my lips look as if i have naturally pink-nude toned lips and makes the color look even ( my lips are darker in the center).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by peridot7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 4 or 5 Outlast shades, but the Forever Fawn is one of my favorites. It's a nudish/pink MLBB shade that I wear everyday. Once you get the hang of using these you'll be hooked forever! So glad to have found the Outlasts, no more touchups during the day except for the gloss. I never ever have to worry whether or not I've still got color on my lips after eating, drinking or whatever. On a night out all I carry with me now is the gloss. Love 'eeeeeeeeem!!!!!