Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance Self Tanner

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Dihydroxyacetone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Sucrose Polysoyate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polybehenate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Silica, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract, Ethyl Macadamiate, Tocopheryl, Malic Acid, Caramel, Erythrulose, Sorbitol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ubiquinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Colocasia Antiquorum Root Extract

on 6/19/2015 6:30:00 AM

Made me orange. Would not buy it again.

I bought this self tanner last summer at Shoppers Drug Mart for less than 10 dollars, got home put it in my bathroom cupboard and forgot about it and went through the summer using my trusty old favourites.

I pulled this out last night and decided to try it after reading many reviews. And so far so good. It didn't turn an orange shade on me, I am fairly light skinned and I used the medium dark shade. I had no problems with stickiness or tackiness like I've read in some other reviews but I did apply a thin layer and built it up and sped up the drying with my hair dryer. Also I did not have the packaging problem where I couldn't control the amount of product coming out, maybe the packaging has changed? I woke up this morning with a believable light olive brown tan.

I am currently sitting here with my second coat on and after letting it develop for 5 or 6 hours I'm hopping in the shower and will come back and update on how it works. Overall so far a great tanner for the price.

UPDATE:
I applied this tanner 2 days in a row, 1st time was before I went to bed, 2nd time was the next morning. I showered the second night after giving this tanner tons of time to sink into my skin and work. After showing the color did not come off at all, there were no white patched of where it could have scrubbed off from using my loofah. I have noticed it has turned a slight hint of orange, but nothing too crazy and it's definitely still wearable. I do still prefer Jergens Natural Glow in medium dark, but this is a great alternative. All and all it was worth the money I spent on it, would I go out of my way to repurchase it? Probably not.

on 11/17/2014 12:00:00 PM

I've never tried a self-tanner before because I've always heard stories of turning orange and streaky but I decided, what the heck, let's just try one out for myself and luckily I stumbled upon this one which I have to say I am pleasantly surprised about, actually, very excited. I decided to apply it on my legs first to test it out and then after letting it settle in for a couple of hours I proceeded with the rest of my body, including my face. I left it in for about 5 hours the first day before washing it off and it lasted me for more than a week. The face faded a bit quicker because I wash it every day but it was great and it was a beautiful natural brown-olive tan. I didn't find it rubbing off on clothing or my bed sheets. I mixed it with a bit of my every day moisturiser when I applied it on to my face which worked very nice. I love this because it is a lotion so it's very easy to work with. My only complaint is that I wish I had more control of how much lotion comes out of the container at once but overall, amazing product and it's a great price!! I will definitely buy this again :)

on 5/29/2014 10:32:00 PM

Very happy with results. Much cheaper than other expensive ones I have tried. I didn't find that it took too long to dry, like others have stated. I did use a blow dryer to speed up the drying though. Would buy again!!

This was a terrible, it made my legs turn into a horrible ugly orange color. I used the medium shade

on 5/19/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this self tanner!! I am a seasoned self tanner and have literally tried them all. This is easily as good if not better than the more expensive brands like St. Tropez. For me I put on a thin layer and drying is not a problem, dry in 20 minutes. Good color after one application, I am light skinned however. Easy to apply thin cream that spreads evenly and I have no streaks or uneven areas at all. I don't mind the bottle at all and don't have a problem with how much product comes out when dispensed. The smell is fine, no worse than any other. And just to top it off, it is recommended by Paula Begoun,not that that is the be all end all, but she does note that there are some beneficial ingredients for your skin. Also towels do not have self tanner marks on them after showering like I have found with some. This is hands down the best hg of all tanners for me!!

on 5/3/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This dyed my skin a sickly yellow-orange colour. It is an extremely stubborn stain, as I have tried everything to get it off (lemon juice, hair removal cream, scrubbing, mineral oilů) and no luck. That's a good thing if you like the colour, since it will last a long time, but if you are dyed a horrible colour like me, it's pretty embarrassing. I was careful to use gloves and to rub it in all over, but because it's clear on the skin I still ended up with splotches and pale marks, and my wrists were streaked orange from the gloves. SO bad.

on 1/24/2014 10:13:00 AM

Great tanner. Usually I spend a few days prepping my skin (exfoliating/moisturizing) to take fake tan, for even results, but I was in a rush and only did a quick scrub before putting this on. I got very even and very natural looking results. Hard to get with fair and freckled skin. I would say this is between an instant tan and gradual tan after one application. It doesn't have a harsh smell at all. My only beef with this is how fast the creams out. Sometimes there is more than needed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

When I bought this I was surprised it was a lotion.. I assumed since it was in an aerosol can it would be a mousse. Before self tanning I always exfoliate the heck of my body, and sometimes moisturize on elbows, knees, ankles etc. My first application of this was kind of a mess. My legs were fine but I always have a problem with my arms. (I put it on at night) & when I woke up my arms were streaky. No matter how careful I am, there's always a big streak on my arm that has no colour on it. When I applied it the second time after that, it kind of evened out the colour. After using it maybe 3 times I had a nice over all tan.. (I have the colour medium). It looks a bit orange but it's not terrible. The self tanner scent isn't as bad as others, but it's still there. The tan lasted about a week, maybe more.. which surprised me, they usually seem to fade quicker than that. I only wish it was a little more olive toned.

on 6/9/2013 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love it. Smells tropical coming out of the bottle, and the smell isn't changing the longer the bottle's been open, probably because it's air-tight (pressurized dispenser) so air can't mess with the formula like it always does with regular lotion-type self-tanners. The smell on your skin afterwards is OK; of course there's a bit of that DHA smell because DHA always smells like that in reaction with skin, but I do think the "odor-blocking" component is helping in this regard. I bought the medium shade and it's not orange or too dark on me, and I'm pretty fair. BTW I bought this when looking for Jergens' new foaming self-tanner but it was never in stock at any store here, so I gave up and found this baby instead!

Top Rated Hawaiian Tropic Products