November 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Self Tanners - Hawaiian Tropic - Island Radiance Self Tanner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by tinabeq

I've never tried a self-tanner before because I've always heard stories of turning orange and streaky but I decided, what the heck, let's just try one out for myself and luckily I stumbled upon this one which I have to say I am pleasantly surprised about, actually, very excited. I decided to apply it on my legs first to test it out and then after letting it settle in for a couple of hours I proceeded with the rest of my body, including my face. I left it in for about 10 hours the first day before washing it off and it lasted me for more than a week. The face faded a bit quicker because I wash it every day but it was great and it was a beautiful natural brown-olive tan. I didn't find it rubbing off on clothing or my bed sheets. I mixed it with a bit of my every day moisturiser when I applied it on to my face which worked very nice. I love this because it is a lotion so it's very easy to work with. My only complaint is that I wish I had more control of how much lotion comes out of the container at once but overall, amazing product and it's a great price!! I will definitely buy this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

Very happy with results. Much cheaper than other expensive ones I have tried. I didn't find that it took too long to dry, like others have stated. I did use a blow dryer to speed up the drying though. Would buy again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a terrible, it made my legs turn into a horrible ugly orange color. I used the medium shade

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by laninvan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this self tanner!! I am a seasoned self tanner and have literally tried them all. This is easily as good if not better than the more expensive brands like St. Tropez. For me I put on a thin layer and drying is not a problem, dry in 20 minutes. Good color after one application, I am light skinned however. Easy to apply thin cream that spreads evenly and I have no streaks or uneven areas at all. I don't mind the bottle at all and don't have a problem with how much product comes out when dispensed. The smell is fine, no worse than any other. And just to top it off, it is recommended by Paula Begoun,not that that is the be all end all, but she does note that there are some beneficial ingredients for your skin. Also towels do not have self tanner marks on them after showering like I have found with some. This is hands down the best hg of all tanners for me!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Gavi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This dyed my skin a sickly yellow-orange colour. It is an extremely stubborn stain, as I have tried everything to get it off (lemon juice, hair removal cream, scrubbing, mineral oilů) and no luck. That's a good thing if you like the colour, since it will last a long time, but if you are dyed a horrible colour like me, it's pretty embarrassing. I was careful to use gloves and to rub it in all over, but because it's clear on the skin I still ended up with splotches and pale marks, and my wrists were streaked orange from the gloves. SO bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by nikkchikk

Great tanner. Usually I spend a few days prepping my skin (exfoliating/moisturizing) to take fake tan, for even results, but I was in a rush and only did a quick scrub before putting this on. I got very even and very natural looking results. Hard to get with fair and freckled skin. I would say this is between an instant tan and gradual tan after one application. It doesn't have a harsh smell at all. My only beef with this is how fast the creams out. Sometimes there is more than needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

When I bought this I was surprised it was a lotion.. I assumed since it was in an aerosol can it would be a mousse. Before self tanning I always exfoliate the heck of my body, and sometimes moisturize on elbows, knees, ankles etc. My first application of this was kind of a mess. My legs were fine but I always have a problem with my arms. (I put it on at night) & when I woke up my arms were streaky. No matter how careful I am, there's always a big streak on my arm that has no colour on it. When I applied it the second time after that, it kind of evened out the colour. After using it maybe 3 times I had a nice over all tan.. (I have the colour medium). It looks a bit orange but it's not terrible. The self tanner scent isn't as bad as others, but it's still there. The tan lasted about a week, maybe more.. which surprised me, they usually seem to fade quicker than that. I only wish it was a little more olive toned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Smells tropical coming out of the bottle, and the smell isn't changing the longer the bottle's been open, probably because it's air-tight (pressurized dispenser) so air can't mess with the formula like it always does with regular lotion-type self-tanners. The smell on your skin afterwards is OK; of course there's a bit of that DHA smell because DHA always smells like that in reaction with skin, but I do think the "odor-blocking" component is helping in this regard. I bought the medium shade and it's not orange or too dark on me, and I'm pretty fair. BTW I bought this when looking for Jergens' new foaming self-tanner but it was never in stock at any store here, so I gave up and found this baby instead!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by eg1234

This product sucks a##. I don't know what I did wrong, but the 'medium dark' lotion left me looking dark orange, streaky and with an unnatural color. I was already naturally tanned to begin with but wanted a little more intense color. So I tried this on my neck/chest, legs and a bit on the arms. Bad idea. I scrubbed the %$%& out of myself and used alcohol rub to get rid of the disgusting, streaky color. Whatever is left now is slowly coming off and making my skin look blotchy. If you don't wear gloves, you will have an orange stain on your palms for DAYS. The pump bottle pumps out way too much at once. Everything about this sucked, sorry. I much prefer Jergens natural glow lotion in medium-tan, which although is gradual but does not make you look like an Oompa Loompa who tried too hard.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by tetorger

I am typically an NC25 without any natural tan and I have recently started using self-tanners more religiously, as in at least once a week to keep my tan. I really enjoy the color of this (I have in Medium/Dark). The packaging is fine, and the smell is not any worse than any other self-tanners. Pleasant smell when applying, but of course when the DHA reacts with your skin that self tanner smell is present. However, I will not be reusing or repurchasing this product because it does not seem to dry. It's great that it is moisturizing, but I just cant stand the feeling like I am not "dry" for hours and hours afterwards. I always apply self tanner before bed, and never really have any issues with drying. My sheets stuck to my skin even after air-drying for at least 20 minutes after application. It might be something I use only on my legs for maintenance, but too tacky/sticky to use all over.