July 31, 2014 | 993 users online

Polishes - Orly - First Kiss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect nude for me with two coats with some VNL. Three coats is a bit stark and white, so I think I will just sponge a gradient onto the tips of my nails to even out the color to eliminate the VNL.
I was trying to decide between this and Prelude to a Kiss and the SA at Sally's let me swatch them over tape. First Kiss is peachier, Prelude to a Kiss is more pinky / mauve.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this shade recently in the newer bottle (black cap). It was between this as Prelude to a Kiss but I got this one because in the store it looked a little 'cleaner' (Prelude looked a teensy bit dustier?). I wonder if the shade has varied over the years because other reviews mention it as a pale pink cream but mine is definitely a pale sheerish peach that works really nicely with my skintone. I applied 2 coats and maybe could have done 3 but 2 was fine. It's almost a jelly cream in that it almost looks squishy and I can still slightly see my nail BUT it's ok because I find the Orly formula is easy to apply smoothly and/or it levels itself out really well. They also seem to dry pretty fast. I top it with Beauty Secrets Nail Hardener and Out the Door. I just really love how fresh and clean it looks. For reference, mine looks like the swatch on PolishAholic's blog and not like the one posted here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I brought this last year looking for a baby pastel pink. I like the colour, worked against my medium skin-tone and works well as a pinky base for french manicures. What I didn't like was how sheer the application was at first. I applied two coats, but still could see the white tips of my nails showing through underneath. A little disappointed about that. It didn't streak which is a bonus, and dried fairly fast. Might show it's true colour with a undercoat? Probably won't buy again as I know a billion other polishes similar to this shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Modernlovex3

I was a bit hesitant to buy this, but I gave it a try. I love Orly polishes b/c they're cheap and they do the job. This color is a bit too milky pink for my liking though. I should've stuck with my normal brights!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a major lover of those white-pink shades of polish, like Essie Ballet Slippers or OPI Sweetheart, but fancied something a little pink-er, so decided to try First Kiss. It is definitely a lot more pink than I usually go for, but in a nice, soft kind of way. It gives my nails a nice blushed-pink look, and on me it has a very slight peachy tinge to it.

I find First Kiss to be semi-sheer on me. I have medium-long nails and can definitely see the whites of my tips through this polish after 2 coats. I would imagine the colour would head towards opaque after 3 coats, but I hate using more than 2 as I feel my polish looks too thick and doesn't last as well.

I am really impressed with the lasting power of Orly (this is the second of their polishes I have tried) and find it lasts for 4 days without looking tired and in need of changing. I found First Kiss to apply smoothly and non-streakily. I also love the Orly rubberized cap.

Overall I like this polish, but I'm not sure whether I would re-purchase. I prefer my white-pink shades but this is nice for a change. I will however, be purchasing more Orly colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryBlondeMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Orly First Kiss is from their 'Love is in the Air' collection and is exactly what I wanted OPI Passion to be, a milky almost-opaque pale pink. This is a perfect colour for a soft, subtle look that's neither borning nor bland. This colour is neither cool nor warm toned and suits my PPP skin down to a T.
I love the Orly rubber capped packaging and find it very easy to control. The application wasn't streaky, and the polish is neither too thick or thin. So far I've been really impressed with Orly's nailpolishes and will definitely purchase more.
click continue for pictures-

continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the application and the rubber brush handle bit but the colour doesnt look that good on me, too cool and white. I need 2 coats to get the colour on the bottle and so its not so streaky. When I saw the colour of the np on the website, I thought it would be a sheer (which I love on my nails) so when I applied it to see that its opaque, I was slightly disappointed. Also, I dont usually use a top coat and the next day of wearing this np, it started chipping.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for the reason the other reviewer didnt like this colour - i do! i hate sheer colours and like that with 3 coats of this i get almost opaque coverage. pretty clean and pink. love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First Kiss was from Orly's Spring 2008 collection. It's a light pinky-white color. It's an exact dupe of OPI Passion, but it's more opaque so you can't get the same sheerness as OPI Passion with one coat. I prefer OPI Passion because I like being able to get a sheer first coat, but First Kiss is essentially an opaque version of the same color. It also dries less streaky than Passion when both are opaque, which took 4 coats of Passion (although both streak some when applying)