September 19, 2014 | 985 users online

Fragrances - Creed - Jasmal

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by bokaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jasmal is probably the best jasmine centered eau de cologne type fragrance I've yet to smell. The quality of the jasmine is crisp, warm, a bit indolic, and aristocratic. Jasmal employs jasmine, galbanum, and ambergris in the classic style of early Creeds. Jasmal reminds me of the "eau de jasmin" favored by Comte d'Orsay--namesake of Parfums d'Orsay. Jasmal is head and shoulders above any designer or niche jasmine I've yet to smell. The ambergris here is not the millesime accord found in most newer creeds, but rather a warm, animalic tone in the base. The opening is a bit sweet, but the jasmine itself is just dry enough to keep my attention. The galbanum imparts a light amber tonality. I think Jasmal, along with the much older Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie should be smelled by any jasmine lover or perfume historian. In summary, I would say that Jasmal is a beautiful jasmine soliflore with all the traditional (Belle Epoch French that it) trimmings.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scent is old world glamor but not overly heavy, like many older "golden age" scents. It has an herbal green and lightly powdery undertone (the iris) to it along with a smooth and fresh jasmine note. It is soft and slightly bracing at the same time. I imagine this is perfect for someone that is soft spoken, elegant and classical. I am not fond of the bottle or price, so I recommend sampling first. UPDATE: This has become my HG due to its balance of jasmine, green and creaminess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello my name is Susanna and I'm a fragrance addict. As many of you reading this will relate to and giggle from my words -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE perfume sample vials!!!!! I'll take a vial of fragrance off anyone's hands that want to unload them. I'll take ones that are given to me with purchase, or from a friend or even begged from a SA in a department store (it's getting so bad to have to beg--don't fragrance companies want us to sample their wares?!) . Most I'm not impressed with, although happy that I had the chance to sniff and decide. But the samples I love most are when they come from educated perfumistas like myself that take the time to read wishlists and send you something that you've long been wanting to sample.. Such is the case with Jasmal. Jasmal came to me from a MUAer included in a swap as an extra. (Bless this generous MUAer, you know who you are and I owe you lunch and more!) I shrilled with delight as I read the fragrance vial, and let out a little whimper of air from my lungs as to not hyper-ventilate!! (Come on people are you feeling me??) I opened the vial and placed a little dot of Jasmal on the back of my left hand; and as I recapped --- I started to smell her. Al Pacino wasn't as happy sniffing Chanel No. 5 in "The Scent of a Woman" as I was sniffing Jasmal for the first time. Jasmal is indeed the most lovely, pretty, sunshine in a bottle scent I've found to date! And I've smelled a few really gorgeous 'sunshine in a bottle' scents including Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan, Fresh Sake & DelRae Eau Illuminee to name a few. But Jasmal is ~Glorious~. Period. It makes me happy and feel radiant. Yes it's jasmine and yes it's bright and fresh and lovely, BUT, Jasmal has a crispness and lightness that gives body to it, that reshapes ever so slightly the jasmine into pure heavenscent. It's balanced. It's pure harmony in a bottle. To repeat Jasmal makes me happy and feel radiant - uber-feminine and well .... glorious! I used to think that Fleurissimo was a scent I'd love to have worn on my wedding day if I could do it again, however after experiencing Jasmal, this would of been it! As well as, coveted to wear again on all those special occasions and anniversaries. Notes borrowed from Luckyscent.com are

Jasmal Notes
Bergamot, Italian and Moroccan jasmine, Ambergris, galbanum.

That's it. I've tried other jasmine fragrances and think many are no better than a dram of jasmine oil bought from the local healthfood store (like SL A La Nuit), but not Jasmal. A little dab stays close with a little sillage. The whole sample milliliter vial worn on cleavage, wrists and back of knees lasted all day and could be detected later in the laundry basket on my clothes the next day. Obviously, Jasmal is my favorite Creed to date and I want a full bottle for this long awaited Spring in 2011. After the copious amounts of snow and ice that old man winter blasted all over the entire the U.S. this winter, I would hope that a bottle would fall from blue skies into everyone's lap this spring!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, light clean jasmine. It leans to the green side. I think it is very feminine and understated. It is a quality perfume, but the price is a little high, unless it is the one you LOVE. Before the days of niche perfumery, I might purchase. Now, it is on my list below several upscale Guerlains, Parfums MDCI and Parfums Delrae offerings, all of which are at the same price level or lower.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by emochick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was excited to try this scent, and I was sorely disappointed. I love Jasmine, but the powdery iris and the green notes combine to make something that I do not like. On application, it smells sharp and crisp, with that deep powdery undertone I dislike that screams "wealthy great auntie!" It softens and grows sweeter as it approaches the dry down, replaced by just the iris as it fades.

It's pretty I assume, but it's not age appropriate. Smells too dated for my nose. Not to mention, it doesn't last on my skin. Bad chemistry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would actually give this a 4.5. I love jasmine, and this is one of my very favorite jasmine fragrances. Sometimes jasmine perfumes are too sweet or indolic, and not tolerable. This one has a green note, like it's the leaves and roots along with the jasmine flowers. It makes it more wearable. It's not a light scent, per se, but it's not over the top sweet like some jasmine fragrances. If it wasn't so expensive, I would definitely buy a bottle of this scent. As it is, I have settled for a decant and some samples.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Strange, I get virtually no jasmine from this. Smells generically "clean," "fresh," and is gone in about 20 minutes. Snore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This is my favorite Creed scent. Growing up, we had Jasmine flowers growing in the garden. This reminds me of a toned down, cleaner version of those intensely fragrant Jasmine flowers I loved so much. Initially, the smell is rather intense. Within a few moments, it smoothes out into a soft, feminine jasmine flower scent. As with all Creed perfumes, the scent lasts and lasts. It lingers on the skin. I think this is a wonderful scent for anyone in their 20's and up. I'm confident it's that versatile. Creed is the only high end line that makes inoffensive scents. This is soft, uber feminine and wonderful in the warm weather months!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by elfriede

Not for me. The green notes are too sharp. Like a previous reviewer, I also get a little whiff of cat pee. I can imagine it working very well on someone else, though. It's better on my shirt than it is on my skin. The jasmine note is clean, dry and "cool," and I also get a hint of high-pitched powder--there's supposed to be "Florentine iris" in here, that may be it. Some reviewers compare this to Jean Patou Joy, and I can see that; Joy is a bit sharp, but not unpleasantly so, and in Joy the sharpness is balanced by lush floral notes. This seems both sharp and thin to me, like black tea that could use a splash of milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ayden55

wow, the first spritz almost knocked me down. that is a lot of jasmine!!! then it did a 360 and became really, really soft and mellow. it also became soapy and clean. it's a nice jasmine, but i don't tend to go for soapy scents. such a contrast between this and creed's other jasmine scent,