April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Soft, cheap and it does a good job. I've been using the same one for about 3 years and it's still in great condition. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTsai

The bristles are so soft and it is so cheap from Ulta. This is perfect to use for light makeup look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are a good deal for the price but too big and not as soft as I expected. Not hard or badly done, but who has room for brushes this big. I just wanted a basic powder brush and a few others. These waste product. I prefer super soft, even if it loses shape faster. We all want something a little different and these were highly rated. I have had good luck with Essence of Beauty at CVS for cheep brushes. Those are softer, smaller and easier to work with,. I have had a lot worse. These do not shed, are smooth and spread product well. Just not what I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MiMiHere

EcoTools Brushes last a long time! I think they are so valuable at such a low price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

This brush is great! I've had it for about 2 years now and still works like the first time I used it. The brush is super soft and I love that it is eco friendly. I have this brush, the flat foundation brush and the blush one and Iove them all. They are just a bit pricey, but well worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually swear by Ecotools brushes and they are the majority in my daily makeup routine, but this was a big flop. When I pulled it out of the package, I was dismayed to find that it is tapered and flattened. For a "big fluffy powder brush" I was expecting it to be full with a rounded ferrule to "fan out" the bristles. Instead the ferrule is quite flat so the bristles are flat. Though the bristles are soft, I was disappointed with the powder application. It didn't pick up enough product and distribute it evenly. Ultimately I ended up returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

This is better than Clinique. On some brushes, you can feel how synthetic the bristles are but this brush the end of the hairs are soft. I use this with the ELF HD Powder (loose) and it blends perfectly. It feels so soft on your skin! The only downside is that its so big it takes longer for it to dry after you wash it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is worth about what it cost (very little) The real techniques brushes are a better option at this price range. I know a lot of people like it for applying blush, but it is way to big for that for me. It eats product like crazy and does not apply evenly. The only use I found if for it was buffing out blush.
Once you wash this brush it is pretty much garbage. (I spot clean with MAC makeup brush cleaner) An actual clean with baby shampoo ruined this brush.

What I wish I had known prior to purchase:
What really irritates me is the Eco-friendly claims. First off, that giant plastic package they come in, really? Bamboo is not a green material. Here's a quick over view of why:

Bamboo is only renewable if it's properly maintained, and the fertilizers, pesticides and clear-cutting that has become more common to keep up with the demand for bamboo has made it less than an eco champion. There's also the cost of transportation, as well as the cheaper bamboo that has popped up on the market, which is not only less durable but also use formaldehyde emitting finishes.

The manufacturer claims it is green because it grows so quickly compared to wood. Most bamboo is manufactured in some of the worlds most pollution filled countries, with minimal laws on the chemicals that can be used and dumped. Properly maintained and harvested forests are much better for the environment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by chriseileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Its soft and fluffy. I've washed and spot cleaned it numerous times and no hairs have fallen out. I reshape it with a brush guard when washed. No chemical smell or dye like how elf brushes sometimes have. It picks up powder product really well. Its affordable especially when you shop around (amazon!). It feels nice on my face not scratchy or prickly. I would purchase another if I ever lost it and would recommend to others.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As drugstore brushes go, this brand is probably your best choice, but I personally do not like mine. The bristles are not soft enough, especially after washing they feel like a really cheap stuffed animal. Difficult to wash and impossible to reshape after washing. On the other hand, it holds onto its bristles well and dries quickly. I don't use mine at all any more, I stashed it in a drawer.