December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

I bought this brush 4 long years ago... and it's still going strong! The bristles are still soft and still great at applying powder. I wash it with Dawn dish detergent, the one for soft hands.

Yes,this brush doesn't pick up enough product, but he reason why I prefer this brush is because I tend to over-apply powder anyway so this is actually a pro for me. I use this brush 6 days a week, and I apply powder to my t-zone with this by kinda squishing the bristles together to get the most concentrated application. And then powder all over, lightly dusting it everywhere. This is a staple for me. I wash it every week, and it's just perfect.

I have tried other brushes but this is my favorite for applying powder, and also for blending out my blush. Works like a dream!! This is better for me than the E.L.F. powder brush, and the Ecotools bronzer brush. Those both apply too much powder and take too long for me to do my whole face.

It's HG for me. I'm completely satisfied for once, and not even trying to look for other powder brushes. If mine breaks, I would just buy another Ecotools.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sara578

Way to skinny, no enough bristles

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by JALT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush! It's extremely soft and picks up a lot less product than my older brush--I didn't realize how much I was wasting until I got this. The new design is flatter but I find it's great for sweeping on powder as opposed to buffing in product. I think it looks beautiful and I would purchase it again. I have had it for a few weeks and I haven't noticed a single shed bristle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

DISCLAIMER: This review is for the original brush design: the one with the thicker handle and silver aluminum ferrule. I don't have any experience with the updated design (thinner handle, bronze ferrule) and am not sure how it compares.

I love this brush so much that I bought two for me and one for both my mom and sister! It's so, so silky soft and fluffy, it almost feels luxurious on the face! The Powder Brush also lives up very well to it's name; powder goes on very evenly and easily. I use this every day and have only had great experiences.

Pros:
* perfect size for powder application (loose and pressed)
* easy to use
* good feel in the hand
* so, so very soft
* long-lasting (through many washes and daily spot cleaning)
* price is great!

Cons:
* original design might not be available anymore
* needs to be cleaned regularly to avoid powder build-up

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by berae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is easily the best widely available budget brush. It's fluffy yet full and even though the hairs are synthetic, they have good cling. I see no reason to spend upwards of $30 on a powder brush unless you're a professional makeup artist. This is well made enough that it will easily last years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is perfect for both loose powders and powder compacts. It has very soft bristles and leaves a very natural finish - you never look over powdered unless you use too much. It's also good for sweeping away excess powder on your face. It's not the cheapest drugstore brush ( I think it's around $12 CDN), but it's definitely worth waiting for it to go on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by emilykluu

Fantastic brush! It's super soft, affordable, and doesn't shed! This brush is definitely my favourite powder brush right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Soft, cheap and it does a good job. I've been using the same one for about 3 years and it's still in great condition. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

This brush is great! I've had it for about 2 years now and still works like the first time I used it. The brush is super soft and I love that it is eco friendly. I have this brush, the flat foundation brush and the blush one and Iove them all. They are just a bit pricey, but well worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually swear by Ecotools brushes and they are the majority in my daily makeup routine, but this was a big flop. When I pulled it out of the package, I was dismayed to find that it is tapered and flattened. For a "big fluffy powder brush" I was expecting it to be full with a rounded ferrule to "fan out" the bristles. Instead the ferrule is quite flat so the bristles are flat. Though the bristles are soft, I was disappointed with the powder application. It didn't pick up enough product and distribute it evenly. Ultimately I ended up returning it.