November 20, 2014 | 2036 users online

Powder - Prestige - Skin Loving Minerals Gentle Finish Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by ssong5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buildable coverage. A little goes a long way. Smooth, velvety finish. Great colours; will suit most people. It seems to just blend in. Great brush, although it doesn't come free with the powder. It is most suitable for dry and normal skin. Doesn't contain oil well. Best to keep in upright position to prevent too much powder from pouring out of the holes. Or, don't peel the sticker off completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Bella238

This foundation is amazing. I have very, very oily skin but also dehydrated flakey patches on my nose and forehead. It smooths out my skin, hides my flakey patches and looks very natural. I use the lightest shade and although it's be a bit dark for my transparent skin I find if I buff a bit down my neck it looks fine. It is the only foundation I will wear to my 9 hour day at work. I probably touch up three times during the day but I've never found a foundation where that wasn't necessary. While it doesn't do anything to hold back oil that's easily taken care of with blotting paper and even reapplying often doesn't make it look cakey. Love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by FunkyMcfresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this has been my go-to foundation for years. it contains bismuth oxy so it may upset some complexions but my sensitive acne prone skin has never had an issue. this powder is unlike any other powder foundation i've used (tried quite a few) because it certainly goes on "dry" but as you wear it, it becomes rather moisturizing even a bit shiny through my oily/ combo skin. i actually quite enjoy this quality because my skin doesn't appear dry/cakey/flakey/ashy... much more natural. (i combat shine with UD's de-slick and blotting paper/ powder) the lightest shade is perfect for my fair skin. it has more of a neutral undertone, not too pink or orange, combined with a great coverage on my blotchy uneven and reddened skin tone! both rare things for me to find in a powder. i buy from their website and the price is on point at $10 for 6.5oz which lasts a good 3mo so i just stock up to get the free shipping. i find it is best to moisturize, spray de-slick, apply concealer, and spot cover again with the powder and finally one last spritz of de-slick. i only have to touch up with a light powder throughout my long work days. oh, and somehow this stuff photographs quite well :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shade MFN-05 tan is very orange based and contains shimmer, so haven't been able to use it for a full day except for trying it as a setting powder. Too orange to wear as foundation or bronzer or tinted moisturiser (tried them all) so can't comment on longevity, was useless as a setting powder, but I haven't found a setting powder that works except Rimmels stay matte (also contains shimmer which I hate in face products)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by jackchi24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this mineral powder at first. I bought the lightest color and it matched my skin nicely. The coverage was also really good. I finally thought I found a mineral makeup that I was happy with and actually had decent coverage. Unfortunately this makeup caused big red pimples to form on my skin. I used it for 4 days and ended up with a big red zit after every time I wore it. Im super acne prone and always dealing with breakouts, but my skin has gotten to the point again where I mainly just get small/regular sized pimples, but this makeup caused some big ones. I tried to tell myself it was just a coincidence that this was happening, but I wore it for two days and got two big pimples and switched to a different makeup for a couple days and was fine and then tried this again for two days and got two more big pimples. I finally realized it was this makeup definitely causing it so I stopped using it over a week ago and haven't had a new big zit since then. I would be cautious with this powder if you're acne prone, but I know everyone's skin is different and it seems to have mainly good reviews so hopefully it works better for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Geslina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW. I have tried them all, this one is up there with the best. If you like a more matte, long lasting finish, you have to give this foundation a try.

Goes on beautifully, really nice coverage, even in small amounts. Best to not put on too much, because it can get cakey and dry looking if you do. A small amount buffed in well, with maybe a little extra added in areas where you need more coverage, should work fine. If your skin is oily and you need touchups thru the day, best to just use those little oil blotting tissues, that may be all that you need. Keep in mind that it is winter where I live now, so I am not sure how this makeup would fare in warmer climates.

There is not a huge range of colors, but I had no trouble finding one's that worked for me - both the lightest one, Fair, and the 2nd lightest, 02 Light. One could also mix colors if necessary. I paid less than $8 at the local beauty supply, so the price is AMAZING! I also like the packaging, the sifter comes with an inner lid, which keeps the mess to a minimum.

Highly recommended for MMU users!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cheechi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good mineral foundation, and at a great price. I only wish they had some more color options and it had a bit more lasting power in the summer, when it gets super hot (but every brand of MMU has that problem from what I can tell). It also has never irritated my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by angelica10

best mmu i've tried so far! i've been using the nude by nature mmu for years now and saw this one in the clearance bin for $5 so I decided to try it out. i wasn't expecting much from it but was really impressed with the coverage (compared to nude) whilst still looking natural. i have pale asian skin and use fair which matches my skin tone well. it covers redness and best of all doesn't break me out! it can cake if you put too much so a little goes a long way. the smell isn't nice but it doesn't bother me that much anymore. could be quite expensive at $27 aud for only a few grams but will definitely repurchase this again. if you want a mineral makeup with good coverage and a matte finish without breaking you out, then this product is for you.

EDIT: I started to get cystic acne and tiny pimples all over my face from using this product. Initially i thought it was due to my diet but this was definitely the culprit. now that i've gone back to Nude by Nature mineral foundation, my skin has gone back to normal and looks so much better now. never using this foundation ever again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by LaniVida

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product because when i go to school i don't like having alot of foundation coverage i like it to be natural and it lasts all day long! i would definetly buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by phantaC

Ingredients list: Mica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tourmaline, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Copper Powder, Silica. May Contain : Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Copper Powder CI 77400, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ 77492 / CI 77499.

First of all, it s my first time using mmu. But i kinda really like it! I hope this won;'t break me out :-s The coverage is really good, beyond my expectations, and I might just trade my liquid CK oil free foundation for this one. I use shade Medium Beige which is lovely for medium-tan skin tones. I also own the multitask 3 in 1 from Prestige and I think that both products are really good. Also, if you can buy them at a discount, way to go! I would consider paying full price for this, although, if my skin looked great with it for a long period of time(several months, let's say). We shall see!
p.s. What I didn't like was the packaging. It is indeed a little difficult to open that lid...
For more info about the product, see the link below:
http://www.prestigecosmetics.com.au/skin-loving-minerals/video continued >>